New Baby & Post Birth Off Topic #2 Ffs Matthew, Grow Some Breasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The 4 month sleep regression is no joke. He’s crying almost all day and waking every hour. We can deal with the sleep, but the crying about nothing all day long is seriously affecting me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The 4 month sleep regression is no joke. He’s crying almost all day and waking every hour. We can deal with the sleep, but the crying about nothing all day long is seriously affecting me.
I find crying really overwhelming and my top tip is to put your ear phones in when it gets too much so you can still comfort him but it’s not as jolting. I think I’m going to get some of those loop ear plugs tbh as I find myself feeling more and more touched out lately. Also if you can get out the house with baby in the carrier that might be good for you both?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm starting a little writing course this week so I've done some prep work and spent 25 minutes writing. Absolutely bawling writing about pre and post baby life. Feels nice to get it out though I think.

• Heart
No advice, only solidarity. Baby Tuesday is 5 months tomorrow 🥹 and we're starting to come out of the other side - it's tough but it's not forever.

• Heart
Baby Kaye fought her bedtime with every ounce of strength in her tiny 13lb body too. Anyone checked on the phase of the moon? Perhaps a planet in retrograde?
These kids man.

I have sent a polite but firm message to nursery asking to them only give her 2 x 45 min naps! she had 1 x 35 minutes and 1 (the second) x 1hr 25

SHE DOESNT NEED THAT MUCH SLEEP AND SHES A MENACE FOR BEDTIME ON IT.

They may as well give her an espresso at 5pm and send her on her way.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
These kids man.

I have sent a polite but firm message to nursery asking to them only give her 2 x 45 min naps! she had 1 x 35 minutes and 1 (the second) x 1hr 25

SHE DOESNT NEED THAT MUCH SLEEP AND SHES A MENACE FOR BEDTIME ON IT.

They may as well give her an espresso at 5pm and send her on her way.
Apparently it’s our nurseries procedure to let a child nap til they’re 3 if they say they want to.
🙃🫣
Let me tell you this child is low sleep needs/fights it to the end and so can’t see it, but I’d flip if he was nearly 3 and they let him nap!!

• Haha
Baby Kaye fought her bedtime with every ounce of strength in her tiny 13lb body too. Anyone checked on the phase of the moon? Perhaps a planet in retrograde?
Baby burrito was wide awake laughing his head off and rolling around the bed until 8:15, bed time is 7pm!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I feel like we're having no luck with nights right now. Coming out of sleep regression and then last night both me and Mr Tuesday came down with a sickness bug. OH had it worse than me and my god I'm regretting buying a house with only one bathroom now, more than ever before 😅

Baby is fine but his routine is totally out so hopefully we can get it back on track today.

Does anyone else get the major ick when their OH is ill? I know this is very irrational as everyone gets ill but if I wasn't heaving already I'd probably feel like I wanted to 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Had an email saying that we need to apply suncream before they get into nursery now and that "whilst the care team will top it up during the day, you can appreciate that with the number of children we have this takes away from their play time" and now I'm unsure whether I'm right in being mad about it :eek: high chance it's my anxiety kicking in but what difference does it make if I put suncream on him at 7am before he gets dropped off and they have to reapply it at 10am anyway?!

Had an email saying that we need to apply suncream before they get into nursery now and that "whilst the care team will top it up during the day, you can appreciate that with the number of children we have this takes away from their play time" and now I'm unsure whether I'm right in being mad about it :eek: high chance it's my anxiety kicking in but what difference does it make if I put suncream on him at 7am before he gets dropped off and they have to reapply it at 10am anyway?!
I think that’s a cover for if a child is missed or if they’re hard work more than they won’t put it on - 7 years exp with nursery.
They’re usually anal about it, and so I would think that they’re covering themselves x

I think that’s a cover for if a child is missed or if they’re hard work more than they won’t put it on - 7 years exp with nursery.
They’re usually anal about it, and so I would think that they’re covering themselves x
Ok, thanks!

I worry cos I burn quicker than touch paper :eek:

Need to have a rant...

Baby had his check at the doctors and all was going well, lots of nice chit chat and he was actually not being an absolute head for a change. Doctor asked about my mood and mental health and I said it was absolutely tit and I wasn't in a good place. Her response was oh dear, that's not good. That was it. Then she was saying how cute baby was and my OH said yeah, have told my work colleagues to remind me of how hard it's been when I get broody so we don't have another one. Why is it his work colleagues get more input into whether or not we have a third child than I do? Also, how has it been hard for him? I'm the one that gets screamed at all day and then gets used as a climbing frame by our toddler when he's home from preschool. I'm the one in constant pain. I'm the one that does everything in the house and thinks about everybody's needs but mine. 🤬 Then when we got home he said maybe I'd like to contact the lady from nursery, see if she can babysit (she'd offered before she left). Said we could go out and get drinks (I've been sober five years) and maybe that would cheer me up. The actual rage 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Need to have a rant...

Baby had his check at the doctors and all was going well, lots of nice chit chat and he was actually not being an absolute head for a change. Doctor asked about my mood and mental health and I said it was absolutely tit and I wasn't in a good place. Her response was oh dear, that's not good. That was it. Then she was saying how cute baby was and my OH said yeah, have told my work colleagues to remind me of how hard it's been when I get broody so we don't have another one. Why is it his work colleagues get more input into whether or not we have a third child than I do? Also, how has it been hard for him? I'm the one that gets screamed at all day and then gets used as a climbing frame by our toddler when he's home from preschool. I'm the one in constant pain. I'm the one that does everything in the house and thinks about everybody's needs but mine. 🤬 Then when we got home he said maybe I'd like to contact the lady from nursery, see if she can babysit (she'd offered before she left). Said we could go out and get drinks (I've been sober five years) and maybe that would cheer me up. The actual rage 🤬
I'm so sorry, that's really tit of the doctor to be so unsupportive and your husband to be so thoughtless. Could you contact your health visitor to ask for some mental health support? Have you had your 6-8 week check with them yet? Mine was only over the phone but in my area they do a mental health questionnaire as standard to assess whether new mums need support or not which was really helpful. I'm so sorry you're struggling so much - please don't let your crap GP put you off asking for support elsewhere (and well done for letting her know you were struggling), and definitely gather your thoughts and then calmly let your husband know how crap his attitude/what he's saying has made you feel ❤

Reactions: 1
I'm so sorry, that's really tit of the doctor to be so unsupportive and your husband to be so thoughtless. Could you contact your health visitor to ask for some mental health support? Have you had your 6-8 week check with them yet? Mine was only over the phone but in my area they do a mental health questionnaire as standard to assess whether new mums need support or not which was really helpful. I'm so sorry you're struggling so much - please don't let your crap GP put you off asking for support elsewhere (and well done for letting her know you were struggling), and definitely gather your thoughts and then calmly let your husband know how crap his attitude/what he's saying has made you feel ❤
I "failed" the MH check with the HV and she wants to see if I want to be referred to a parent and infant bonding service. I'm not sure that'll help. If we can get wee man's meds and formula right and he's not screaming or needing held 24/7, that will be a massive help but we're waiting on the dietitians. We had to try him again with dairy formula before they'd see him. I ended up covered in sick and he's been even more upset since so that really didn't help at all. I have an appointment with the physio next week so hopefully that'll help with the pubic diastasis and pain. Once that's fixed I'll be able to get out in the fresh air. Think I'm getting all my ducks in a row but it's taking so freaking long that it's exacerbating everything. As for the OH, I told him, he sulked. He doesn't get it at all.

• Heart