Liz Jones #5 The podcast's an unmitigated disaster, about time the Diary was put out to pasture

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend and her husband have 2 horses. They pay for the horses to live in a field at a local stables. They visit the horses regularly to ride and check in on them, but the stable has a WhatsApp group and people will take turns looking in at other people's horses if they can't get there. Eg 'I can't get up for a few days as I have flu, can someone please check on Swirly and make sure she is okay?'

There are also some people who can't afford there own horse, but are will look after someone else's horse for them if they need it. When my friend was pregnant, someone took over looking after and riding her horse to keep her fit and well looked after.

I don't understand why Jones doesn't do something like that, her horses might be happy living in a big field with other horses. But no.... her horses probably have some delicate medical condition which means they will explode if kept in a communal field.

I do find it bizarre that after over 10 years of horse ownership, she has no real horse friends. Nic doesn't count as she is a slave.

Reactions: 14
Dreary. Juggo forgot she had a horse. Oh, and it was Nic who was being 'stalked' at Low Row (we all know the truth of the matter). Oh, and rhe reasons she lost money on that place were a) she left it as an absolute shithole and b) she paid far too much for it.
There is so much to pick at here, but d'you know - I can't be bloody bothered.

Reactions: 6
My friend and her husband have 2 horses. They pay for the horses to live in a field at a local stables. They visit the horses regularly to ride and check in on them, but the stable has a WhatsApp group and people will take turns looking in at other people's horses if they can't get there. Eg 'I can't get up for a few days as I have flu, can someone please check on Swirly and make sure she is okay?'

There are also some people who can't afford there own horse, but are will look after someone else's horse for them if they need it. When my friend was pregnant, someone took over looking after and riding her horse to keep her fit and well looked after.

I don't understand why Jones doesn't do something like that, her horses might be happy living in a big field with other horses. But no.... her horses probably have some delicate medical condition which means they will explode if kept in a communal field.

I do find it bizarre that after over 10 years of horse ownership, she has no real horse friends. Nic doesn't count as she is a slave.
Despite the many issues Juggo has with animals, she has some key ones with horses: she can't ride, for a start. She is well known in horsey circles for having killed someone else's horse, back in the day, and to have let others suffer too long. She employs a slave to "look after" her remaining animal. If she were to move it to a communal facility, she would be faced with having her ignorance/cruelty being discussed amongst ordinary people (you know, the hard-working, tax-paying non-bankrupt kind) which would never do. And... she'd be expected to return favours and be nice!
Not her sort of thing at all!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Despite the many issues Juggo has with animals, she has some key ones with horses: she can't ride, for a start. She is well known in horsey circles for having killed someone else's horse, back in the day, and to have let others suffer too long. She employs a slave to "look after" her remaining animal. If she were to move it to a communal facility, she would be faced with having her ignorance/cruelty being discussed amongst ordinary people (you know, the hard-working, tax-paying non-bankrupt kind) which would never do. And... she'd be expected to return favours and be nice!
Not her sort of thing at all!
She can't ride?! What did she do to previous horses other than similar to what she does with her dogs?

I don't see how looking after horses means that she can't bang out crap for the Daily Heil. Other people manage to work full time and still look after their horses - and exercise then themselves. Or have them in a facility. There's around seven or eight places with horses just along my road, my neighbour has some in at livery, and there's two stables, one with livery for competing show jumpers; that's all within four miles. I haven't ridden for over forty years but I bet I know more about riding and looking after horses properly than Juggo Bat Ears.

Are Nic's horses in with hers? If not, no wonder the poor animal misses a companion.

Reactions: 7
It's a theme with Liz, managing to be totally unable to do what everyone else does, no matter what the thing is specifically. She's just a spoilt brat.

Reactions: 11
She could love animals and just not have any. Why she has to have a menagerie is beyond me.
She collects them, like toys. Then can't be arsed to look after them properly... particularly if their existence gets in the way of her having a good time.
Have you ever seen pics of her dogs? Collies should be eager, vibrant, intelligent... hers always look dull, disinterested, neglected. They don't know who their real owner is. Don't get me started on the litany of cats she's either poisoned with human food or allowed her untrained pack to savage...

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
She could love animals and just not have any. Why she has to have a menagerie is beyond me.
And why Border Collies?
Of all dog breeds, she chooses one that requires loads of exercise and stimulation!
Then when one of them (most likely because of her lack of proper handling of them) attacked and killed one of her cats she decided to get rid of the cats, even though they were there first šŸ˜£
The dogs should have gone, it would have been the best for all, especially them, they need a home with a proper owner.

Reactions: 11
She collects them, like toys. Then can't be arsed to look after them properly... particularly if their existence gets in the way of her having a good time.
Have you ever seen pics of her dogs? Collies should be eager, vibrant, intelligent... hers always look dull, disinterested, neglected. They don't know who their real owner is. Don't get me started on the litany of cats she's either poisoned with human food or allowed her untrained pack to savage...
The one she rescued from Romania looks downright psychotic. Not the dogs fault at all but if only it had gone to anyone but Liz, it might have stood a chance at a happy life. Instead it just looks like it wants to tear her face off in every photo.

Reactions: 8
Reading all your comments, I think that yet again ot comes down to her wanting a fantasy version of life ,like you see in a film or Bunty, without the hard work of maintaining it. She acquired the accessories of the life she wanted ( dogs,horses, old countryside houses, boyfriends), but doesn't put any of the work in needed to keep them.

She probably thinks that people normally wake up with full makeup and hair done.

The thing is, you can aquire as many clothes, dogs, horses as you like. But it won't make you happy and it won't make people like you. It is just a bandaid on yout actual problems.

Reactions: 9
The one she rescued from Romania looks downright psychotic. Not the dogs fault at all but if only it had gone to anyone but Liz, it might have stood a chance at a happy life. Instead it just looks like it wants to tear her face off in every photo.
It probably does (want to tear her face off). I would.

Reactions: 5