Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is also what brave looks like can you imagine being one of the few in that hostile psychopathic environment? Brave brave woman.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Oh oh 🔺🔺🔺 Military standing doing nothing - lawless. They should just open up and let them in, see how well that works

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Im struggling to see a connection with why the Israelis would dislike Arabs when the Holocaust occurred in Europe at the hands of the European and despite the horrors that were inflicted on them, the US, their closest alley, refused Jewish immigrants. Surely there is nobody so far removed from their trauma than the Palestinians?
What I meant was not the Palestinians specifically, just anger passed down through trauma. That could be directed at anyone, unfortunately it's them. So the anger and trauma is passed on not from the event of the holocaust itself, but genetically through the generations.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
And this is what our fine Met Police are dealing with.

Nevermind that child stabbed or granny robbed.

Rishi as a coconut is a big time crime. 🥥🍉

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
What I meant was not the Palestinians specifically, just anger passed down through trauma. That could be directed at anyone, unfortunately it's them. So the anger and trauma is passed on not from the event of the holocaust itself, but genetically through the generations.
It’s a tough call and quite a dangerous precedent to set because if we take that approach for people’s actions based on their historical anger and trauma then we would have to offer that as a defence to violent criminals like murders, sex offenders etc. Determining what the line is for historical trauma would be a minefield

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It’s a tough call and quite a dangerous precedent to set because if we take that approach for people’s actions based on their historical anger and trauma then we would have to offer that as a defence to violent criminals like murders, sex offenders etc. Determining what the line is for historical trauma would be a minefield
It's just something I've read about before and there's been studies on it

Reactions: 3
It's just something I've read about before and there's been studies on it

Oh I know it’s a thing, but who do we allow to utilise the theory is my question and how far back should we allow it? It’s like I said about my own generational experiences - my ancestors were brutalised, starved and murdered at the hands of the British in Ireland, if I go out and commit a heinous crime, should that be taken into consideration?

• Heart
Oh I know it’s a thing, but who do we allow to utilise the theory is my question and how far back should we allow it? It’s like I said about my own generational experiences - my ancestors were brutalised, starved and murdered at the hands of the British in Ireland, if I go out and commit a heinous crime, should that be taken into consideration?
Not saying I'm right or anything, or trying to rationalize actions, it was just something I'd read before where the studies seem to be growing. I don't want to turn this into an Irish thread, but even though similar, they are still different situations. And with Israel I'm talking two or three generations back as it's a relatively new country.

Reactions: 2
Not saying I'm right or anything, or trying to rationalize actions, it was just something I'd read before where the studies seem to be growing. I don't want to turn this into an Irish thread, but even though similar, they are still different situations. And with Israel I'm talking two or three generations back as it's a relatively new country.
This is the point though isn’t it, you’re saying that the behaviour of those children in Israel could utilise it, but then you would have to agree that Hamas have generational trauma and therefore that excuses their actions. You see, it can’t be exclusive particularly in Palestine, the same set of rules have to be applied to all.

This is the point though isn’t it, you’re saying that the behaviour of those children in Israel could utilise it, but then you would have to agree that Hamas have generational trauma and therefore that excuses their actions. You see, it can’t be exclusive particularly in Palestine, the same set of rules have to be applied to all.
I said in the original post that they too would now have generational trauma.

I said in the original post that they too would now have generational trauma.
Who Hamas? So you would say that 7/10 could be rationalised through Generational trauma - ok I can get on board with that theory. It’s just you only mentioned the holocaust.

Who Hamas? So you would say that 7/10 could be rationalised through Generational trauma - ok I can get on board with that theory. It’s just you only mentioned the holocaust.
As you've read my original quote, I will leave you to your theories.

As you've read my original quote, I will leave you to your theories.
It was your theory I simply asked for clarity on it.

So the answer is yes- it can only be yes because If you can suggest some young Israelis, who are several generations removed from the trauma of the Holocaust, are so angry that they are destroying food for starving humans because of generational trauma, then surely Hamas, who are mostly made up of young Gazan men who not only have 76 years of generational trauma but have themselves experienced horrific trauma, in their very short lives, that they live daily, must also be offered that same principle for their angry actions.

I think we are clear.

It was your theory I simply asked for clarity on it.

So the answer is yes- it can only be yes because If you can suggest some young Israelis, who are several generations removed from the trauma of the Holocaust, are so angry that they are destroying food for starving humans because of generational trauma, then surely Hamas, who are mostly made up of young Gazan men who not only have 76 years of generational trauma but have themselves experienced horrific trauma, in their very short lives, that they live daily, must also be offered that same principle for their angry actions.

I think we are clear.
As I keep saying, it was clarified in my first post.

It was clarified when you just put a time limit on it. So that allowed me to be clear that you accept the facts I set out. We’re good.
I think you're looking for an angle that's not there. But we're just going round a bit now. All good.

I think you're looking for an angle that's not there. But we're just going round a bit now. All good.
Not at all. Your original comment was referring to wondering whether generational trauma causes a young lad to destroy food for starving people. You majored heavily on the Holocaust and gave a footnote of 1 sentence to Palestinians. No angle. Just pointing out that if YOUR angle is generational trauma for actions then I know some other people in this conflict who also must suffer from that same affliction. Quite up and down no corners at all.

Not at all. Your original comment was referring to wondering whether generational trauma causes a young lad to destroy food for starving people. You majored heavily on the Holocaust and gave a footnote of 1 sentence to Palestinians. No angle. Just pointing out that if YOUR angle is generational trauma for actions then I know some other people in this conflict who also must suffer from that same affliction. Quite up and down no corners at all.
I mentioned the Holocaust as I was quoting the picture somebody posted. And said that what the Israelis have been doing in Palestine will have now created generational trauma to the people of Gaza. But you were trying to imply that I was favouring one side.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.