“Incorrect” Pronunciations #2 Could of, would of, should of

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have an acquaintance who has ‘grammar police’ in their social media bios but then misspelt the word ‘leisure’ on a wedding invite and used the word ‘dependant’ to describe something being weather-dependent.

I am DYING to point out her errors (we haven’t always been on great terms) but I will take the high road and smirk to myself instead. Because I do not purport to be the ‘grammar police’.
You're a stronger person than me, I'd probably write her something passive aggressively including both words spelt correctly to see if she noticed 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
You're a stronger person than me, I'd probably write her something passive aggressively including both words spelt correctly to see if she noticed 😅
Oh believe me, I’m close to cracking but I know the fallout would be too much!

I’m taking great pleasure in her being a fool and not even realising it. Her superiority complex is off the scale.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

I’m taking great pleasure in her being a fool and not even realising it. Her superiority complex is off the scale.
Maybe someone with get drunk and mention it to her 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have an acquaintance who has ‘grammar police’ in their social media bios but then misspelt the word ‘leisure’ on a wedding invite and used the word ‘dependant’ to describe something being weather-dependent.

I am DYING to point out her errors (we haven’t always been on great terms) but I will take the high road and smirk to myself instead. Because I do not purport to be the ‘grammar police’.
You could be the 'spelling police'. 🤣
Say you're 'watching the watchers'.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
wait it's cardamoM?! WHAT?! i always thought it was cardamon! i swear i have never heard anyone say cardamom! 🙈

Chewmeric though! it's like when people say Chewsday instead of Tuesday! 🤣
I've just spent some time saying the two variations of Tuesday. They sound the same. The Tu sound is Ch (unless you're American, which you may well be). I honestly don't know anyone who says it Tu like too. It's Tue, like Chew.

Reactions: 9
I've just spent some time saying the two variations of Tuesday. They sound the same. The Tu sound is Ch (unless you're American, which you may well be). I honestly don't know anyone who says it Tu like too. It's Tue, like Chew.
Yeh like with tuna or tune

This is the kind of attitude I live for!! Stay strong, stay smug! 👍

• Heart
no, I'm British - and i agree the two sound similar. I don't pronounce the "Tu" like "too" - it's the beginning, in that it's more "Tew" than "Chew". i guess I pronounce it with a harder T sound, not a "Ch", if that makes sense, cos I appreciate I may not be explaining it very well!

it's like Tulip - the "Tu" isn't pronounced as"too", but it's more "Tew-Lip" not "Chew-Lip" - and Tuna is more "Tew-na" not "Chew-na" it's the hard T at the start of the word for me. may be a regional. thing though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
no, I'm British - and i agree the two sound similar. I don't pronounce the "Tu" like "too" - it's the beginning, in that it's more "Tew" than "Chew". i guess I pronounce it with a harder T sound, not a "Ch", if that makes sense, cos I appreciate I may not be explaining it very well!

it's like Tulip - the "Tu" isn't pronounced as"too", but it's more "Tew-Lip" not "Chew-Lip" - and Tuna is more "Tew-na" not "Chew-na" it's the hard T at the start of the word for me. may be a regional. thing though. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think I pronounce it the same as you now you've described it more. It's not a hard 'Ch', it's like you say, Tew (Tue). It's subtle though.

I just got an email from Mercedes offering me a service plan and it reads:

‘We was contacting you today…” 😫😩😫😩😫

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Just seen this on Twitter. It’s a serious post, but oh my 😁

“WTF is happening in this country, an inch or so down, he'd be dead, carotid artery and jaguar vein, this is horrendous.”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I know this is very random especially for May, but when adults are singing, we wish you a merry Christmas and they still sing “to you and your king” instead of “to you and your kin”.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I just got an email from Mercedes offering me a service plan and it reads:

‘We was contacting you today…” 😫😩😫😩😫
Probably the guy named "We" 😂
I don't know if any one has posted here. But I have seen a lot of people spell the word disgusting as "discusting"

• Haha
Reactions: 12