Favourite perfumes #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got Tom Ford white patchouli on today, one of my absolute favourites but I have to get so close to my skin to smell it. Such disappointing staying power on me.

Ooh, this is an underrated gem!

Agreed with @RandomAlpaca22, I have a second hand bottle and I can smell it on myself all day. It is a lighter scent though so I think it's one where people nearer to you can smell it.

Tom Ford perfumes are hit and miss with their strength though which is crazy for the price. White Patchouli isn't super expensive though.

Reactions: 7
My birthday is coming up soon and I may have blindly bought Tom Ford Eau De Soleil Blanc given that it's supposed to be a summer scent. Gotta say I'm not overly impressed with it. It's nice. Maybe I need to give it time?🤔 I definitely will use it up because I never usually waste anything but I can't see it being purchased again.

I also bought Soleil Neige shimmering body oil because I've a wedding coming up and really wanted to look great and treat myself. 😌

OMG this scent is divine! Think I will be purchasing a small bottle of the Soleil Neige edp at some point this year if the oil is anything to go by :love: does anyone else have Soleil Blanc or Soleil Neige?

1000003140.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have had a spray of the other CT smells ( on a paper thingy) -initial thoughts ( on the others )

Cosmic Power - horrible. Kind of reminded me of Tom Ford - Purple Orchid but only a hint of it. I can tell this is not for me.

Calm Bliss - surprisingly nice . This I think is a fresh clean summery smell. Will be trying this on my skin.

Magic Energy - this to me smells of toilet cleaner . Won’t be trying this as I am pretty sure I won’t like it.

Love Frequency - I knew I’d like this based off the notes ( I lean toward rose / musky/ floral smells) . I will def be trying this tomorrow . Downside is that it smells like many other rose / musk/ floral perfume.

More Sex - a feminine leathery smell. Will be trying this ( I thinks it’s more of an evening perfume ).

Reactions: 8
My birthday is coming up soon and I may have blindly bought Tom Ford Eau De Soleil Blanc given that it's supposed to be a summer scent. Gotta say I'm not overly impressed with it. It's nice. Maybe I need to give it time?🤔 I definitely will use it up because I never usually waste anything but I can't see it being purchased again.

I also bought Soleil Neige shimmering body oil because I've a wedding coming up and really wanted to look great and treat myself. 😌

OMG this scent is divine! Think I will be purchasing a small bottle of the Soleil Neige edp at some point this year if the oil is anything to go by :love: does anyone else have Soleil Blanc or Soleil Neige?

View attachment 2935305
Yeah I couldn't get on with that version of soleil blanc, too green in the opening for me

Reactions: 1
Anyone else think the name More Sex is cringe?
Incredibly. Thankfully they had a display of the bottles and I could just point to the one I wanted. I didn’t really want to have to ask for it 😂
---
I hate when cosmetics companies do this. It's so un-edgy and cringe if anyone ever asks what you're wearing.
If anyone asks me I’m just going to say it’s Charlotte Tilbury and I’m not going to elaborate 😂
---
Magic Energy - this to me smells of toilet cleaner . Won’t be trying this as I am pretty sure I won’t like it.
I said exactly the same about this one!

View attachment 2935305
I got totally confused by this and thought they’d changed the bottle. Turned out I was thinking of orchid soleil 😂
Does anyone think that one (orchid soleil) has a weird fake tan smell? I was excited to get it and there’s a weird tanner/biscuit smell to it.

Reactions: 2
I have had a spray of the other CT smells ( on a paper thingy) -initial thoughts ( on the others )

Cosmic Power - horrible. Kind of reminded me of Tom Ford - Purple Orchid but only a hint of it. I can tell this is not for me.

Calm Bliss - surprisingly nice . This I think is a fresh clean summery smell. Will be trying this on my skin.

Love Frequency - I knew I’d like this based off the notes ( I lean toward rose / musky/ floral smells) . I will def be trying this tomorrow . Downside is that it smells like many other rose / musk/ floral perfume.

More Sex - a feminine leathery smell. Will be trying this ( I thinks it’s more of an evening perfume ).
It's weird what personal skin chemistry does: Magic Energy was pure beachy bananas and Calm Bliss was the one with the toilet cleaner drydown on me, even though testing on paper i also had the "oooof, this is a bit bathroom-y" thought about Magic Energy. Tbh, it's one of the reasons I'm fascinated by fragrance: the way a fragrance can change between people and from paper to skin.

I managed to test a couple of newbies: Miller Harris Celadon and Soufflot. Initial reactions are that they are both almost photorealistic with their dominant note (tomato leaf, chestnut), but contrary in seasonal suitability.

Celadon has a prominent tomato leaf note if anybody is searching for that. Fresh, green, calming. Perfect for spring/summer. I really liked this one and will likely test it again.

Soufflot is definitely one for autumn. Strong chestnut and honey notes. It shares some similarity to L'artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquise and (especially) Masque Milano Madeleine but drys down more stereotypically "masculine" to leather and tobacco. Will retry in the cooler months.

Reactions: 3
Saw this post on Reddit about putting samples in a nice bowl for guests to use (even in the main bathroom) when you're having a party or friends over in general.

Thought it was such a thoughtful thing to do and I'd love to be a guest in their house!

1000003141.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It's weird what personal skin chemistry does: Magic Energy was pure beachy bananas and Calm Bliss was the one with the toilet cleaner drydown on me, even though testing on paper i also had the "oooof, this is a bit bathroom-y" thought about Magic Energy. Tbh, it's one of the reasons I'm fascinated by fragrance: the way a fragrance can change between people and from paper to skin.
I couldn’t agree more about how different fragrance can be on paper / on different skin . I recently gave my mum a perfume that smelled awful on me but on mum it was lovely. You’d think given we share the same dna it would have been the same on mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Got a few samples - today’s try on is Tom Ford Neroli Portofino - an amber/citrus combination; staying power seems decent 😁
---
You’d think given we share the same dna it would have been the same on mum.
My mum and I are like that - I will catch a smell of something on her and I think it’s gorgeous but then even smelling it in the bottle turns my stomach!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I couldn’t agree more about how different fragrance can be on paper / on different skin . I recently gave my mum a perfume that smelled awful on me but on mum it was lovely. You’d think given we share the same dna it would have been the same on mum.
It’s even worse when your OH is a man and smells better in the perfume you just bought than you do 😭🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Has anyone tried the Viktor and Rolph Flowerbomb Tiger Lily ? intrigued by it

Reactions: 2
Got a few samples - today’s try on is Tom Ford Neroli Portofino - an amber/citrus combination; staying power seems decent 😁
Neroli Portofino is my absolute FAVE ever ever I am so jealous! If anyone has any recommendations for dupes please let me know as I cannot afford to repurchase🥺

• Heart
Neroli Portofino is my absolute FAVE ever ever I am so jealous! If anyone has any recommendations for dupes please let me know as I cannot afford to repurchase🥺
Me too. I mean I haven’t purchased but omg it’s so lovely. I just bought a bottle of Berdoues orange fizz cologne 245ml to drench myself in over the summer. It’s not the same obviously but at £16 I can soak everything I own in it 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
My partner wears Neroli Portofino and I LOVE it on him but it's so expensive so I was looking for dupes and I actually read that 4711 smells identical. There's lots on reddit/YouTube etc about the similarities between the 2. Apparently the biggest difference is the longevity but 4711 is extremely cheap (just looked £19 for 300ml on amazon)
Sadly I haven't actually tried it yet but going off reveiws etc seems very promising

• Heart
My partner wears Neroli Portofino and I LOVE it on him but it's so expensive so I was looking for dupes and I actually read that 4711 smells identical. There's lots on reddit/YouTube etc about the similarities between the 2. Apparently the biggest difference is the longevity but 4711 is extremely cheap (just looked £19 for 300ml on amazon)
Sadly I haven't actually tried it yet but going off reveiws etc seems very promising
It doesn’t smell identical to me. It’s a good cheapy though.

• Heart
Thank you for your suggestions ladies! I'm £50 down on two bottles but I would rather pay that than £145!!:love:

• Heart