Equestrian influencers #24 RWC doesn’t have a clue, she’s been riding since she shot out of the womb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So better than to take duty of care out of the parent’s hands?

I’m not sure how everyone thinks vloggers are going to support themselves or make any money? They can’t be sponsored by non-horsey brands (wine, Yfood, Hello Fresh) and now they can’t be sponsered/gifted by horse brands either. Sounds like a no win.
---
I don’t think movies film kids running round their garden naked like wimpy did the other day.
Let’s be clear I in no way support featuring naked children in any manner. Hard stop.

That is not the case with Ivy and many others.

Revel in your completion Tina. Don’t dredge comments up from weeks ago?

tit like this makes her look immature imo.

I’m a year younger than her and she makes me cringe

Attachments

Reactions: 6

I’m not sure how everyone thinks vloggers are going to support themselves or make any money? They can’t be sponsored by non-horsey brands (wine, Yfood, Hello Fresh) and now they can’t be sponsered/gifted by horse brands either. Sounds like a no win.
---

Let’s be clear I in no way support featuring naked children in any manner. Hard stop.

They’re exploiting their children’s privacy, Harlow has filmed inside her bedroom, no one should see the inside of a child’s bedroom except the child, their family and friends. Frankie has been filmed at her most vulnerable, family bloggers film their children asleep, awake, upset, happy, you know the layout of their homes, where they go to school, how they were potty trained, you name it they film it. they interact with their children through a camera. The children have no say in this whatsoever and it is exploitation.
---
So is everyone also drawing the line at watching any movies, tv shows, etc with children in them?
How is that remotely comparable to what Frankie’s “mother” does? Look up Ruby Franke, Daddy o Five, Dougherty Dozen, Not Enough Nelsons. Even the nations supposed sweetheart Stacey Solomon is shocking for exploiting her children’s lives, the last two were filmed exiting her vag and shown to the world. Awful.

Reactions: 9
They’re exploiting their children’s privacy, Harlow has filmed inside her bedroom, no one should see the inside of a child’s bedroom except the child, their family and friends. Frankie has been filmed at her most vulnerable, family bloggers film their children asleep, awake, upset, happy, you know the layout of their homes, where they go to school, how they were potty trained, you name it they film it. they interact with their children through a camera. The children have no say in this whatsoever and it is exploitation.
---

How is that remotely comparable to what Frankie’s “mother” does? Look up Ruby Franke, Daddy o Five, Dougherty Dozen, Not Enough Nelsons. Even the nations supposed sweetheart Stacey Solomon is shocking for exploiting her children’s lives, the last two were filmed exiting her vag and shown to the world. Awful.
Harlow was even filmed asleep in her bed it’s so exploitive.

Reactions: 2
Revel in your completion Tina. Don’t dredge comments up from weeks ago?

tit like this makes her look immature imo.

I’m a year younger than her and she makes me cringe
Why does this make you cringe? I don’t see any wrong with Tina posting this, she’s not doing anything wrong, she’s just proving a point.

Reactions: 3
Just watched a bit of Meg's Badminton video but had to turn off because of Han. This is probably harsh but I've come to the conclusion that I can't stand her. She's so immature and childish. The way she speaks and acts like a 10-year-old in an adult's body is actually borderline creepy. I'm sure I didn't know anyone like this when I was her age. WTF is wrong with her?
I don’t remember finding Han this immature in previous years, infact I actively thought she was quite a nice girl. But I do agree that something feels a bit off about her recently and I am finding her a bit hard to watch.
I feel for her because she should be out having fun with her own pony, not just hanging on to the success of everyone else. I understand that she adores Affie, but I do wish she would consider getting something alongside her to have fun with tho I understand finances for two ponies might stop this.
She is only young though. Having recently spent time with a lovely early twenties girl, I was still surprised how ‘young’ they were in things like their humour and view of the world. Perhaps I’m just an old fart now though!!

I think a lot of them will look back at these vlogs in 10 years time and spectacularly cringe…

Reactions: 3
I have to admit if I see influences covered in brands like lemieux, volatir etx I do think it really does cheapen the brand. I'd rather use brands that work and that aren't constantly pushed. I ride in a butet saddle and it's used by loads of professionals and truly did change my riding, they don't sponsor any YouTube/insta people but are still highly regarded.

Same as when fairfax was constantly sending people things, it really put me off and I bloody love my f&f boots. Surprised Holland cooper have gone down that route when they have a huge following anyway

---

It’s not necessarily that they can’t it just seems a bit disingenuous when they start raving about a brand they have never used previously. Influencers used to be more relatable to us normal folk who have to juggle a job around horses but more and more are able to use it as their sole income. They get gifted hauls that most of us could never afford and could only ever dream of buying all at once. I don’t begrudge anyone like Meg, Tina, Jess, Lucy and Em getting sponsored by brands as they aren’t exactly abusing their horses or exploiting kids. It’s when they gift or sponsor the likes of RTG I have a problem. Having Pepper as fat as she is, is just as abusive as leaving her with no food and her being emaciated.

Reactions: 6
I just watched ELS’s Badminton vlog and can honestly say it’s probably the most I’ve enjoyed an equestrian vlog in a very long time.

She is just so honest, authentic and genuine. I love how she went there with her mum only and a handful of friends on the second day. She did all the ‘grooming’ and post-xc care and the love she has for her horses is so clear. Two poles down in the SJ and she still emphasised how happy she was with him - no frustration at all. Just wonderful viewing.

At the end, she said she wasn’t sure if she’d make it to the party as she would prefer to spend time with Donut which I think speaks volumes!

A true insoiration

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Just watched part 1 of Meg’s badminton vlog. Not a fan girl at all but Jam does make a lovely picture in the dressage and Meg rides her well. I really liked the way they put the movement and scores across the bottom. The video was too long for me and the number of people they need for one horse is just plain ridiculous. Not a huge fan of all the screeching and slow mo stuff

Reactions: 7
Just watched part 1 of Meg’s badminton vlog. Not a fan girl at all but Jam does make a lovely picture in the dressage and Meg rides her well. I really liked the way they put the movement and scores across the bottom. The video was too long for me and the number of people they need for one horse is just plain ridiculous. Not a huge fan of all the screeching and slow mo stuff
I’ve just watched Megs vlog, and she’s so good in front of the camera, however Han irritates me with her immaturity and I think that falls onto Megs mentality as well when they are together, Meg seems to hide her nerves quite well in front of the camera, and she is very lucky indeed for the support crew she has for one horse. I thought Jam looked super fit and well, sparkling clean and very smart. I had to chuckle when the scores came through and I feel there was a little tiny bit of disappointment in Megs reaction when she heard her score as I think she was wanting a better score than she got, even though she leaped on Rich before she knew the actual result. The XC course looked pretty up there so I can see why she was proud of herself.

I just watched ELS’s Badminton vlog and can honestly say it’s probably the most I’ve enjoyed an equestrian vlog in a very long time.

She is just so honest, authentic and genuine. I love how she went there with her mum only and a handful of friends on the second day. She did all the ‘grooming’ and post-xc care and the love she has for her horses is so clear. Two poles down in the SJ and she still emphasised how happy she was with him - no frustration at all. Just wonderful viewing.

At the end, she said she wasn’t sure if she’d make it to the party as she would prefer to spend time with Donut which I think speaks volumes!

A true insoiration
The difference in her content this last week compared to Meg and Tina. She’s just as chuffed with Donut, and she has sung his praises, but in a very understated and unaffected way. She is streets ahead with her maturity compared to the others. I am looking forward to watching her vlog later.

Reactions: 8
I have to admit if I see influences covered in brands like lemieux, volatir etx I do think it really does cheapen the brand. I'd rather use brands that work and that aren't constantly pushed. I ride in a butet saddle and it's used by loads of professionals and truly did change my riding, they don't sponsor any YouTube/insta people but are still highly regarded.

Same as when fairfax was constantly sending people things, it really put me off and I bloody love my f&f boots. Surprised Holland cooper have gone down that route when they have a huge following anyway
I think Butet, CWD, Albion and Devoucoux are all under the same umbrella now. I’m not a fan of Lemieux the quality isn’t there and the pads rub. Fairfax and Favour I only see influencers and older ladies wearing it and I think Holland and Cooper is the same. They’re trying desperately to be relevant to younger buyers but people I’ve noticed at events actually buying and wearing are mature.
Wouldn’t touch Voltaire with a barge pole to be honest.

Why does this make you cringe? I don’t see any wrong with Tina posting this, she’s not doing anything wrong, she’s just proving a point.
Because it feels unnecessary and posting for the sake of drama. I don’t disagree with the point she’s making, but she mentioned this comment or a similar one when it was made weeks ago. Why bring it back up? Of all of them (the VE squad, although Lucy seems to be distancing herself from then and doing her own thing), Tina really seems to enjoy wallowing in the drama and creating it when she hasn’t got much else to post. It’s what I’d call a ‘slow news day’ post.

Reactions: 4
I have noticed that Lucy does seem to be pulling away from the others now which isn’t a bad thing. She always appeared more mature than the others and seemed to get annoyed with their squeals and giggly stuff.
i agree Tina didn’t have to put that post up, her results proved her point already. But she does appear to be one of those ‘ha, I proved you wrong’ type people and always says she doesn’t want the drama but gets involved in it.

Reactions: 10
Anyone know if Em is entered for any events? I know a couple of hers got rained off, or she had a super early start.

Also - Justine currently sitting just outside the top 10 for her first Novice on Brody!!

Reactions: 1
Speaks of the VE squad...there's nothing about another camp for them this year with H & C is there?

Reactions: 1
Harlow was even filmed asleep in her bed it’s so exploitive.
She was filmed by her mum crying holding her arm which was broken and instead of putting the camera down for a moment to comfort her, the mum carried on filming - that should have been a wake up call to her sponsors! Where was the concern and safeguarding for Harlow? Filming in her bedroom should be an absolute no! Filming a sick and vulnerable child like Frankie should also be an absolute no until she is well.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Speaks of the VE squad...there's nothing about another camp for them this year with H & C is there?
They’ve not hinted at anything and I’d expect them to have started by now (with the hints). I think 3 years of it was enough tbh. And going back to Lucy distancing herself from them online, I imagine that’s factored into it. She arranged the first one didn’t she? It was just meant to be a boot camp for them and H&C came in and decided to make a show out of it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.