Your worst haircut stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god today I booked in with a new hairdresser who’s mobile, I’m early 20s and had hair to my belly button I wasn’t sat in front of a mirror so had no idea what she was doing and I asked for two inches to be chopped off and now I’m sat here with hair that’s just below my collarbone. I was devastated but not the type to cry over stuff like that even though I want to. My family and fella say it looks better and more suited to me but Here’s to another three years of growing my hair again

Reactions: 14
The time my nan decided to cut mine. It was really long and it kept going uneven on each side. Kept getting shorter and ended up just touching shoulders. I was only about 10

Reactions: 2
I had a few fringes that made me look like I have bowlhead in primary school like

it might be the initial shock for your hair, you might get used to it! Here’s hoping

Reactions: 2
When I was little I had long hair and I really wanted a bob cos my mate had one. My mum agreed. I had no front teeth at the time. I looked ridiculous. Dunno why my mum said yes

Any time I’ve had a fringe cut in I’ve regretted it!

I have a tendency to cry at the hairdressers. I avoided going for years. Now I have somebody to give my hair a tiny little trim every 6-8 weeks

Reactions: 4
Mobile "hairdresser" recommended by a friend. She cut the back first so I didn't see she had the shakes. Scissors all ovet the place so badly she cut my ear, only then I realised she was pissed! I refused to pay and threw her out. My hair was a raggedy mess.

Reactions: 10
I went to a new hairdresser after feeling let down by the hairdresser I'd been going to for almost three years. I've got a graduated bob & was needing it shaped in the back & a tidy up. I thought she did a good job & booked again for 6 weeks time. However when I got home I noticed bits were different lengths, one side looked layered to hell & the other just one length. I've just cancelled my next appointment & booked with someone else. If both sides looked the same I actually think I really would have liked it!

Reactions: 1
One Xmas i couldn't get in my usual salon so went to a tiny little place, stylist did the colour and an apprentice did the rinse..then the stylist was no where to be found! I literally sat for half an hr with my hair dripping down my back. She reappears clutching a pint pot and starts my trim...I distinctly remember her hands stank of salt n vinegar crisps....she'd nipped to the pub mid client!. Tbf it wasn't a bad hair do but I never went back!

Reactions: 8
Asked for a few layers to take the weight off, left the salon with Rachel Green hair circa 1995.

Reactions: 5
I'm sure your hair looks lovely, but you're right to be livid if they didn't do what you asked

Reactions: 4
My hair - just a bob - had felt really heavy in the back, so I called into a hairdresser in a local mall and asked her to pop a few subtle layers in it, just to give it a bit of movement. I couldn't see what she was doing at the back and only discovered when I got home what a mess it was ... the top bit at the back was so short that it stuck up and made me look bald in one part (and I have a lot of hair, even though it's thin - that's how bad it was). Instead of slicing gentle layers into the back, she'd cut really severe step-like layers. It was bloody awful.

It took about three years to grow out. Not surprisingly, that salon didn't last long.

Reactions: 6
I had a perm when it was the fashion, and I loved it. Had it redone and they must have left the solution on too long as it came out like an Afro! I had to have it all cut off.

One hairdresser decided to shave a V in to my hairline at the nape of my neck (the rest was short), without even asking me. Offices were much more conservative then and I had a few funny looks.

I cut my own fringe to about half an inch when I was seven, and was also missing two front teeth. I had a lovely school photo that year.

I was 16 and the previous harcut had gone short and layered ( it was the 80's). Needed a trim 4 stylists there 3 fecked off to back room and the one left was in a pissy mood. She hacked away at my hair. The bit that freaked me out was the look of panic on her face when she realised what she had done.
I was very blonde and it was now so short I looked like my head had been shaved and just a bit left on top. She couldnt get me out of there quick enough. I should have complained but was too shy. I got bullied terribly in school about it.
I didnt go near a hairdresser for 18 months after that. And by that stage my hair was almost to my shoulders.

I’ve had a full fringe on and off for years. The guy I go to now cuts it perfectly but I’ve been to some and they’ve cut it too short! Felt like this…

I had shoulder length hair but loved Carey mulligans hair. Hairdresser failed to mention that a trim on longer hair was about all she was good for. It had really obvious scissor lines all over it, I went home and cried and then booked a different salon for the same day. All they could do to fix it was cut even more off. It was such a bitch to grow back too I'd love to go short again but I'm scarred for life.

Attachments