Your Dreams

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else have really vivid dreams more often than not? My husband doesn't but I do, where they feel like real life.

The past few months I've had a lot of dreams about people from my past. Friends, teachers, exes. With them, they're all pleasant. With the exes, I am friends with them in the dreams. These are people I haven't spoken to for 6+ years. I often wake up with the urge to message the people that feature in my dreams to check they are okay/see how they are doing but I don't.

I read a while ago that due to the pandemic people are having more vivid dreams about people we know as our brains are dealing with so much stress daily, so our brain tries to make sense of things while we sleep.

Reactions: 6
The past few months I've had a lot of dreams about people from my past. Friends, teachers, exes. With them, they're all pleasant. With the exes, I am friends with them in the dreams. These are people I haven't spoken to for 6+ years. I often wake up with the urge to message the people that feature in my dreams to check they are okay/see how they are doing but I don't.
I moved abroad and came back for a visit and had met many of my old work colleagues etc. But after returning, I kinda lost contact and it’s been around two years. These people also pop up in my dreams, but I think both sides are too embarrassed to get in touch as too much time has now elapsed.

Do you think I should send an email or is it just a fact that people are only meant to be in your life at certain stages?

Reactions: 1
I get really vivid dreams (and nightmares, thanks citalopram). Theyre like movies, its crazy. They get worse around PMS as well. I had a dream a couple nights ago where I had been on drugs and had blackouts and when I woke, I felt groggy all day.

Reactions: 2
I always have really vivid dreams. I’m sure my partner thinks I’m making them up half the time because I always tell him about them in so much detail 😂

I tend to dream about things that are going on, if I’m stressed I have stressful dreams and if something is playing on my mind or worrying me that can sometimes materialise in my dreams.

I’ve been watching a lot of Line of Duty recently and for about 3 nights in a row I dreamt about being in the police 😂

Reactions: 3
Yep I have vivid dreams nearly every night. I have always had a lot of vivid dreams but it’s certainly increased since I started taking antidepressants (nearly 18 months ago). Some of the dreams are crazy whilst some are so realistic that in the days after I don’t always remember if it actually happened or if it was a dream.

I have also read the same about the pandemic having that effect on dreams.

I get really vivid dreams, some leave me feeling sad when i wake up. Ive also had the feeling that im paralysed & awake i can only move my eyes & cant even scream. I then concentrate on wiggling just one finger & eventually come round. I feel like i xant breathe & someone is on my chest its an unforgettable feeling. Ive also woken myself up a few times scratching at my neck with the feeling I'm being strangled & left myself bleeding.

I have always had really vivid dreams. I often wonder if that is why I talk in my sleep. Several people over the years have told me I rabbit away in my sleep and some have had conversations with me, albeit I was talking gibberish. 🤣🤣 Although apparently I did ask one friend how do you spell “congratulations“ and she sat there thinking, this woman is a secretary, why is she asking me? 🤣🤣

I also dream in colour. Some dreams are recurring too. I hate the dreams where you wake up and you’re convinced your dream was real, the type to stay with me all day. 🙄

I have always had really vivid dreams. I often wonder if that is why I talk in my sleep. Several people over the years have told me I rabbit away in my sleep and some have had conversations with me, albeit I was talking gibberish. 🤣🤣 Although apparently I did ask one friend how do you spell “congratulations“ and she sat there thinking, this woman is a secretary, why is she asking me? 🤣🤣

I also dream in colour. Some dreams are recurring too. I hate the dreams where you wake up and you’re convinced your dream was real, the type to stay with me all day. 🙄
I sleep talk really badly too. I’ve been known to have a go at my partner in my sleep - last week I apparently went off on one telling him to stop messing around with the lights turning them on and off, when he was lying there in the dark half asleep! We laugh about it the next day but he’s said before sometimes he finds it a bit weird when he can’t tell if I’m awake or not 😂

• Haha
I have a dream every few years
im in the sea-I’m sinking (but can breathe for some reason)
a massive blue whale comes out of nowhere,opens its mouth to swallow me and boom!i wake up
ive had that dream for years-always the same

i once dreamt that I gave Donald trump a bj but I’ll gloss over that as it wasn’t pretty…

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I had loads of really vivid dreams during lockdown, and then they stopped until last night. I had one dream and woke up at 5ish, and now I can't remember any of it, but I fell back asleep and in the second one we had flown to Miami and they had replaced all the escalators at arrivals with water slides. I was like, WTF? My passport is going to get ruined, they really haven't thought this through. I guess my subconscious is telling me I really need a holiday, but not that badly.

I get really vivid dreams, some leave me feeling sad when i wake up. Ive also had the feeling that im paralysed & awake i can only move my eyes & cant even scream. I then concentrate on wiggling just one finger & eventually come round. I feel like i xant breathe & someone is on my chest its an unforgettable feeling. Ive also woken myself up a few times scratching at my neck with the feeling I'm being strangled & left myself bleeding.
Yes. I've had sleep paralysis too. It is terrifying. Luckily I haven't had it for a long time, it seems to be if I nap during the day or am sick. When I get it, I "see" a dark shadow of a man in the corner of the room and try to scream but can't. Trying to wriggle my toes helps me wake up.

My dreams are so vivid all the time it’s exhausting 😂 it was even worse when I’ve been on antidepressants as I would wake up and feel like I hadn’t even been to bed.

Last week I dreamt that I was marrying an old work colleague (absolute zero attraction in real life) and then I decided to just go home and not got though with it, cba 😂 sat on the couch in my bridal makeup in comfy clothes.

Over the weekend I dreamt that I killed two people with a wrench 🔧 and managed to convince to my boyfriend and the police that is was self defence and that my life was in danger 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
I keep dreaming I’m sleeping with my husbands best mate! Like I dream about it at least twice a week! Now when I see him I can’t look at him properly 😂

• Haha