Would you drink non alcoholic beverages at work?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recently seen a discussion on sky news about drinking non alcoholic beer at work! Got me thinking šŸ¤” if at lunch time your colleague opened a bottle of non alcoholic wine at lunch or cracked open a non alcoholic beerā€¦ would you be shocked? Would you report them!? Never given this any thought until I saw this article! The beverage is non alcoholic the same as a glass of orange juice, but it is coming from a bottle or can similar to an alcoholic beverage šŸ¤Æ

Iā€™d sooner secretly pour the tit out, replace it with actual alcohol, and then pretend itā€™s the sober stuff, to make my day quicker (and funnier) šŸ˜‡

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Don't see the point tbh, would rather just have my diet coke or water, cheaper too!

Reactions: 7
I suppose itā€™s a bit of a strange choice but not necessarily ā€œwrongā€. In saying that though I think that heavily depends on the work environment, for example a teacher with a bottle of NA beer on the table isnā€™t going to go down well with the parents of impressionable kids. Maybe in an office of predominantly younger people (like these startups you see with football tables and all sorts in šŸ˜‚) it would slide more easily?
I wouldnā€™t report it but i donā€™t think I would do it - if Iā€™m not having alcohol anyway Iā€™d rather have something a bit nicer to drink than beer šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 3
It seems like a really attention seeking thing to do. Just have a coffee or a red bull .

Edit- maybe get non alcoholic drinks for everyone on a special occasion. We once all shared a bottle of alcohol free when our boss turned 60.

Reactions: 2
If itā€™s alcohol free, itā€™s alcohol free. Thereā€™s nothing to report since theyā€™re not getting intoxicated on the job which is what all employers care about. The packaging is irrelevant.

Kombucha and various sparkling beverages come in similar packaging too, yet theyā€™re non-alcoholic.

Reporting a colleague for the type of packaging theyā€™re drinking from is a bit over the top and a non-issue.

Unless theyā€™re truly intoxicated or the drink contains alcohol, I suggest you mind your own business.

Reactions: 3
We had some Nosecco (alcohol free Prosecco) at a work lunch for someoneā€™s 25th year in the NHS but due to the nature of our service and role we canā€™t have alcohol on site and nor should we as a hospital. It would look dreadful if a patient thought we were all glugging booze on our lunch even though it was held in a staff room in a staff only area.
I imagine if you work in PR in central London in some trendy place for example it may be perfectly fine to do but does seem a bit tossy to me. Depends on the job I guess

There's someone on my Facebook gives her little boy alcohol free Koppaberg , I always feel like that's a bit inappropriate.
---
If itā€™s alcohol free, itā€™s alcohol free. Thereā€™s nothing to report since theyā€™re not getting intoxicated on the job which is what all employers care about. The packaging is irrelevant.

Kombucha and various sparkling beverages come in similar packaging too, yet theyā€™re non-alcoholic.

Reporting a colleague for the type of packaging theyā€™re drinking from is a bit over the top and a non-issue.

Unless theyā€™re truly intoxicated or the drink contains alcohol, I suggest you mind your own business.
It depends when and where too. It's one think sipping away as they work and another sitting in the staffroom at break time.

Some workplaces have rules like only water I'm the actual work area , and the staff room has hot drink facilities.

There's someone on my Facebook gives her little boy alcohol free Koppaberg , I always feel like that's a bit inappropriate.
---

It depends when and where too. It's one think sipping away as they work and another sitting in the staffroom at break time.

Some workplaces have rules like only water I'm the actual work area , and the staff room has hot drink facilities.
Sure, but I donā€™t think the issue here is where this drink was consumed. Itā€™s more about the fact it was consumed from a bottle that looked like an alcohol bottle.

Being pedantic, I donā€™t think ā€œalcohol freeā€ is fully alcohol free, is it? Iā€™m sure I saw it has a small percent of it in there and thatā€™s why theyā€™re not recommended for long term alcoholics. Not enough to get someone legless though.

Being pedantic, I donā€™t think ā€œalcohol freeā€ is fully alcohol free, is it? Iā€™m sure I saw it has a small percent of it in there and thatā€™s why theyā€™re not recommended for long term alcoholics. Not enough to get someone legless though.
Some are low alcohol about 0.5% but the rest are 0.0% it says on the front if there is any alcohol in them

Reactions: 2
Alcohol free is either de-alcoholsied or sparkling. Some drinks contain up to 0.05% abv.

Reactions: 1
Well, thatā€™s me told! Let me just go grab myself a (FULLY ALCOHOLIC) glass of wine šŸ˜‹

Reactions: 1