Working Holiday Visa experiences

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hiya, maybe not the best time to be thinking about travel haha, but I am considering a WHV (probably to AUS) in the next couple of years when this has all hopefully calmed down.

I would love to hear about anyone's experience with these! The application, finding a place to live and work, the people. Did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it?

I found the application pretty easy but when I was there (7 years ago- so quite a while) there were very few jobs and lots and lots of backpackers looking for them.

Reactions: 2
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Aus but my boyfriend was a carpenter and could walk into well paid jobs. It's harder to pick up a job if you dont have qualifications. I managed to do my second year work as a nanny in the outback, then landed a great paid job on a farm that would have also worked towards it. Had the best days of my life.
Making friends in hostels will lead you to jobs quite easily too so there's nothing to worry about.