Work injury

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all

Looking for some advice on the below.

Work in an environment when lifting is required. 2 weeks ago due to another employee stock was dropped on me and hurt my arm. I was immediately told to rest it an dog home paid as it was an injury at work. Next day went in even though on alot of pain. They told me to go to the doctor's and have a week off ... On sick pay.. to ensure I heal up. Went to the doctor's who thought it was my muscle and tendon. Alot of pain for a few days and gradually got better.

Went back after my week off and did a return to worn interview. Occupational health said all good to go and I'm not in any pain anymore. Told them I'm fine to lift etc. They asked me to come back in 15 minutes. Went back and they told me they are terminating my contract as they "feel I would not be able to handle the lifting etc".

Can't believe it. Shocked and upset. Can they do this? Is it right?

I think it's related to the guy who hurt me as he was I a mood that day and was told to go home. I think they are protecting him for some reason. Absolutely gutted I was due a payrise and further training.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I don't believe it's legal tbh, I'd speak with the ombudsman or a union as it seems to be unfair dismissal which you can take to court

so best thing to be is get some legal advice as 1 you were hurt by someone else an 2 you have been given the all clear

Reactions: 3
Hi all

Looking for some advice on the below.

Work in an environment when lifting is required. 2 weeks ago due to another employee stock was dropped on me and hurt my arm. I was immediately told to rest it an dog home paid as it was an injury at work. Next day went in even though on alot of pain. They told me to go to the doctor's and have a week off ... On sick pay.. to ensure I heal up. Went to the doctor's who thought it was my muscle and tendon. Alot of pain for a few days and gradually got better.

Went back after my week off and did a return to worn interview. Occupational health said all good to go and I'm not in any pain anymore. Told them I'm fine to lift etc. They asked me to come back in 15 minutes. Went back and they told me they are terminating my contract as they "feel I would not be able to handle the lifting etc".

Can't believe it. Shocked and upset. Can they do this? Is it right?

I think it's related to the guy who hurt me as he was I a mood that day and was told to go home. I think they are protecting him for some reason. Absolutely gutted I was due a payrise and further training.
What type of contract did you have with your employer? If for example it was a zero hour contract they can do that. But if you had another type of contract in place I would query this with them further especially as OH had signed you off as fit to return to work

Reactions: 1