What's the longest you've stayed awake for?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think mine must be about 30 hours when travelling to New Zealand. Just couldn't sleep on the plane and had to wait hours in the airports sometimes. Was going a little crazy by the end of it lol.

I was much younger then though and just couldn't fathom staying awake for that amount of time these days!

Reactions: 1
First pregnancy, 56 hour labour plus many more hours either side as I got no sleep on the post-labour ward. Absolute hell.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
72 hours at college. Had headaches for 2 weeks. Never again and I feel so dumb for making myself ill over something so silly.

I think mine must be about 30 hours when travelling to New Zealand. Just couldn't sleep on the plane and had to wait hours in the airports sometimes. Was going a little crazy by the end of it lol.

I was much younger then though and just couldn't fathom staying awake for that amount of time these days!
Definitely, I've done the same journey. A 3-plane job, New Plymouth-Auckland-Singapore-Manchester. I couldn't do it again now. Not nice, I cant sleep on planes either 😬

About 40 hours when I was about 14, when I had to wake up for school after only sleeping for 6 hours after that was when I knew it wasn't a clever thing to do,

Definitely, I've done the same journey. A 3-plane job, New Plymouth-Auckland-Singapore-Manchester. I couldn't do it again now. Not nice, I cant sleep on planes either 😬
I did the Manchester - Dubai - Oz - Christchurch - Dunedin run lol. Hurts my head even typing it!

• Wow
About 40 something hours. All nighter to do an assignment, had a bottle of wine too, then off to work the next day all day and back home. Never again, I was hallucinating in the bathroom at work.

Got fish and chips on the way home and could barely eat them before I slept. Still gutted thinking about the wasted food😂

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Hmm.. I think it was the time I was at work for 7am, worked til 5pm and then went straight out into Newcastle. I stayed out all night drinking and went back to work for a 6am start, all without going home. I had the hangover from hell and cried at one point 😂 I probably went home to bed at about 7pm so 36 hours ish.

50 hours travelling to Australia. Had a night flight but was up at 8am the day of the flight and travelled to Heathrow. Didn’t sleep the whole way to Sydney partly because I had a sex pest in the seat next to me on the second leg from Singapore who kept trying to stroke my leg when the lights were down. Ended up telling him I would break his fingers if he tried it again.

Got to Oz in the morning and was so excited I got a second wind and stayed up until 9:30pm. Went to bed in a hostel dorm, woke up the next morning to a man in the bunk opposite me having a vigorous wank. It was all a bit much.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
48 hours at a hackathon lol (it's like a competition where we had to complete a web-app in 48 hours that had to be designed around a general theme that was announced as soon the event starts). A big tech firm hosted it, and we had run of their offices for an entire weekend. You form your own team, so I went along with three of my friends from university. Everyone else there is a designer/programmer too, so there's a really good vibe about the whole event.. I can't really explain it, we're all in it together I guess.. all these teams of different sizes, ages and professions in the one place all nerding out hahaha.

There was a lot of pizza, red bull, smoking, emotional breakdowns, moments of ecstasy when your thing begins to actually work, more crying when it breaks. A lot of laughing, inappropriate jokes, team-mates making barely any sense at 4.30am... dreading the looming deadline because your app is tit, craving the deadline because you just want to be done with it. It was quite literally the best of times, and the worst of times.

Another highlight was, I got my period half way through :ROFLMAO: these events are extremely male dominated so you wouldn't get much sympathy for such things.. but it probably explains a lot of the crying though! I couldn't leave my computer because I was the only person on my team who could finish a specific framework task, so my teammate (they were all men) had to run down to the shop and buy my tampons ahahahaha.

• Haha
i think about 35 hours, couldn’t sleep all night, so I just stayed awake until the next night. Sounds quite pathetic compared to you guys 😂

I get so cranky if I don’t sleep or get 8 hours, I just start crying or don’t speak to anyone, like this meme 😂

Attachments

I think around 40 hours flying long haul and having a delay with my connecting flight. I have periods where I dont sleep well so often have weeks where im coping on 3 hours sleep a night. Unfortunately im in the middle of it at the moment.

i think about 35 hours, couldn’t sleep all night, so I just stayed awake until the next night. Sounds quite pathetic compared to you guys 😂

I get so cranky if I don’t sleep or get 8 hours, I just start crying or don’t speak to anyone, like this meme 😂
Yeah my 30ish hours feels like a walk in the park now compared to most on here lol

• Haha
I’m not sure as I was travelling through time zones but maybe 30ish hours :unsure: The longest I’ve stayed up when it didn’t involve travelling was 24 hrs (6am - 6am) which isn’t that impressive really!! I love sleep and can’t function without it.

About 40 hours or so. Went drinking one evening and got home. Felt ill and couldn't sleep because I thought I was going to be ill so was anxious and couldn't sleep..ended up staying up all night and going to work the next day with the worst sort of hangover ever..wasn't even ill in the end just had a headache.

36 hours ... gosh, I was insane at the end of it ... coffee hangover; shaking; hallucinating; so, so grouchy ...

I was pulled in to coordinate a pre-sales bid and the deadline was insane. Work was very kind in keeping us all fed and hydrated but it's not an experience I would like to repeat.

About 40 something hours. All nighter to do an assignment, had a bottle of wine too, then off to work the next day all day and back home. Never again, I was hallucinating in the bathroom at work.

Got fish and chips on the way home and could barely eat them before I slept. Still gutted thinking about the wasted food😂
I have periods of insomnia just had a bit sort of one today though least had a bit of a sleep today so it doesnt get to the point where I sleep during the day either.

Longest I've ever gone is probably 3-4 days was really difficult what I was doing at University think it was about that when I only got even then about 6 hours sleep, had countless things to do, was practically crawling to bed by the end of it, think I may have fallen asleep with my head on the desk even before I decided to go to bed never again that. Usually I think people by comparison only do one research project but had these sort of mini ones to do for the electives (no more than 2,000 words but no much below that either for each one), then one huge one (2,500 I think it might have been to about 5,000 words it had to be, to be really honest I cant really remember that either) which fed into the group project in the 2nd semester only half of the time of a piece of research usually people get and then ontop of that the practical stuff being assessed on those

I bottled it though by the end and withdrew was just utter hell, though considering doing it part time when I'm maybe able to I dont really know

LOL with the work I did for multimedia system research is sort of actually happening now as well haha