Whatnot Live Auction

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand this is a bit of a Niche Market but there's so many things I'd like to get off my chest and discuss about it. Anyone else use this streaming site regularly and feel the same ? I swear some of the people must be Tiktokers too they're so cringe worthy
 
I understand this is a bit of a Niche Market but there's so many things I'd like to get off my chest and discuss about it. Anyone else use this streaming site regularly and feel the same ? I swear some of the people must be Tiktokers too they're so cringe worthy
I’m not a regular tattle user but I’ve just logged in to see if this thread exists omg go for it
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I joined because I got free credits through a referral and stayed, it’s mad to me how some of them talk to people. Some of the prices are terrible as well, someone was selling those broken biscuit packs for double what farmfoods and other stores charge without delivery.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
A lot of YouTuber's who "review" stuff on their channels then sell it on sites like WhatNot, I collected football shirts for years & noticed several of the YT channels that I watched bumming up their finds were basically just wannabe influencers.
Fair enough, everybody needs to earn some money but I found a few of these collectors a bit nefarious with constant links to their auctions etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Hi . Yes I have so much to say about it. I will start with the recent trolling of lives with the bids. I am not on Tiktok but apparently it's a thing whereby they keep bidding up to stop the auction. I understand the ones where they bid and the troll wins but obviously payment fails. Recently though (unsure how they're doing it) they're bidding and the true buyer wins and it's for like £300 on a item . Obviously the true buyer gets refunded but I just don't know how they're doing it ? I watched a stream last night where the winning bid was £2000 and it was a real buyer and payment went through 😮 so she has to wait for a refund . It's so wrong . Ain't they got better things to be doing 🙄
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I joined because I got free credits through a referral and stayed, it’s mad to me how some of them talk to people. Some of the prices are terrible as well, someone was selling those broken biscuit packs for double what farmfoods and other stores charge without delivery.
Oh god. Do not get me started. I have blocked quite a few now for the way they talk they're just so rude. What I cannot understand is if you say anything in the chat you get jumped on🤦
 
A lot of YouTuber's who "review" stuff on their channels then sell it on sites like WhatNot, I collected football shirts for years & noticed several of the YT channels that I watched bumming up their finds were basically just wannabe influencers.
Fair enough, everybody needs to earn some money but I found a few of these collectors a bit nefarious with constant links to their auctions etc.
I really think some of these sellers either are Tiktokers (I don't use it ) or want to Ben. The way they act is crazy like they're famous and I read the comments cringing my head off they're all up their arses. These people are taking your money FFS lol calm down ! They're not your mates
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Next thing is prices. I understand people are running a business I get it. But they just lie and say this is x amount online. It's not. I Google the items and they're cheaper on eBay etc. I was in a stream last night and they were saying these are £100 in Hamleys. They were £20 maximum on eBay and people were paying 30 plus then postage 🤦. I see it with cleaning stuff. People paying £3/4 plus for stuff that's in the pound shop ? I don't get it
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Next thing is prices. I understand people are running a business I get it. But they just lie and say this is x amount online. It's not. I Google the items and they're cheaper on eBay etc. I was in a stream last night and they were saying these are £100 in Hamleys. They were £20 maximum on eBay and people were paying 30 plus then postage 🤦. I see it with cleaning stuff. People paying £3/4 plus for stuff that's in the pound shop ? I don't get it
The old saying applies sadly, "a fool & their money...."
Definitely better sticking to Ebay, Vinted. I noticed Ebay are even doing the live auction thing too with certain sellers mind you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Second is the Mods. Some of them are actually full on weirdos,they treat it like a full-time paid job. They are nobodies but actually like they own a multinational company. Just write the size in the chat and shut the duck up. No I will not "bid up " because you say so. No I will not put hearts in the chat . I go on a stream as I am interested in the items not to blow smoke up their a and bid up more than it's worth. I was on a stream once and the "regulars" were all fighting over who was Mod,they had about 5 on the go. It's sad as duck
 
The old saying applies sadly, "a fool & their money...."
Definitely better sticking to Ebay, Vinted. I noticed Ebay are even doing the live auction thing too with certain sellers mind you.
Yes,eBay are trying to get the popular ones from Whatnot. It's slower ATM on eBay as it's only business sellers allowed but they're changing it soon apparently.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Yes,eBay are trying to get the popular ones from Whatnot. It's slower ATM on eBay as it's only business sellers allowed but they're changing it soon apparently.
I don't like the sound of that, live streamed auctions is where folk get caught up in the moment & buy the aforementioned Hamleys toy at a stupid price.
I remember going to Anita Manning's Auction House years ago & coming away with 5 walking canes 😭😂😂😂
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
It really is a form of gambling. I see people bidding way more than a item is worth regularly and I would love to know how they afford it. The big lives are 5 second sudden deaths streamers are selling 500 plus items in a few hours,not cheap either we are talking £20 plus.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1