Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
How about a long running thread where people can post photos of things they want identifying? Maybe fun 🤷‍♀️

I'll start with this, trigger warning it's a bug. Found on a wooden table that has been stored in the shed for months.

I guessed a woodworm but it doesn't look like the photos I can see online, so maybe a baby woodworm? Old floorboard with woodworm beautiful nibbled and distressed are lovely. Not sure I want live ones coming out of my dining table though 😬

View attachment 79994
Sarah Inghams salmon maggot... don’t worry she’s eaten it now

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Medusah80

Chatty Member
784ABF87-7EF4-4217-98B2-94FE42BF96C5.jpeg

saw these ducks while I was out on a walk,does anyone know what they are called ?

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Yel

Chatty Member
Google is autocompleting duck that.... looks like a turkey :D

Native to Mexico and Central and South America apparently, not seen any myself in the UK.

Reactions: 1

Fin

Chatty Member

Wormhole

How about a long running thread where people can post photos of things they want identifying? Maybe fun 🤷‍♀️

I'll start with this, trigger warning it's a bug. Found on a wooden table that has been stored in the shed for months.

I guessed a woodworm but it doesn't look like the photos I can see online, so maybe a baby woodworm? Old floorboard with woodworm beautiful nibbled and distressed are lovely. Not sure I want live ones coming out of my dining table though 😬

View attachment 79994
It looks like the wax worms I used to feed my reptiles

Yel

Chatty Member

PSX_20200205_151038.jpg

Fin

Chatty Member
Old floorboard with woodworm beautiful nibbled and distressed are lovely.
We have reclaimed wood furniture that's had it's fair share of nibbling in days gone past, adds character 😁