What do you make for lunch at work?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Second @Heyguysswipeup in the roasted veggies suggestion. I cut up peppers, onion, courgette, aubergine, mushrooms, sweet potato, butternut squash and carrots (harder stuff smaller so it all roasts evenly) and then make a spice rub (usually with paprika, cayenne, chilli powder) mixed with oil (chilli oil if I fancy a kick) and coat them before roasting in a dish. I’ll also throw in some whole unpeeled garlic gloves. Will put in some chunks of halloumi to cook about 10 mins before it’s done or crumble on some feta when it’s just out of the oven.

Makes a big batch and is pretty cheap. That can then be mixed with rice or grains (Merchant Gourmet do some pesto-infused ones), pasta or salad.

Reactions: 3
Errrr I like breakfast foods for lunch so Weetabix, porridge, bagels...

Reactions: 1
Obviously some of these depend on you having a microwave at work.. One of my favourites is jacket potato with tuna, so filling and quick and easy. I also like white rice with sweet and sour sauce poured over. Not keen on sandwiches so tend to have crackers sometimes. Another favourite is a tin of chunky vegetable soup with a buttered roll. Leftover spaghetti bolognaise.

I always make my lunch for the office! Miss my little lunch bag. Something satisfying about a nutritious midday lunch, breaks up the day when you enjoy it :) I try to not have bread as I love my toast in the morning, and try to get veg and protein in so it fills me up for longer.

I agree with the above, roast lots of seasonal veg with oil, smashed garlic clove still in the skin and mixture of seasoning like paprika, Cajun. Add to quinoa or Cous Cous made with stock, sprinkle on feta and olives.

Love a homemade soup, particular faves are minestrone with left over veg and little pasta shells, butternut squash or leek and potato. I think the quickest soup to date is bacon and white bean, v.tasty!

Sometimes, I may roast a small gammon joint on a Sunday for dinner. Ham, new potato and boiled egg salad would be the first lunch I’d make from the leftovers! If it was chicken I’d add nandos sauce to mayo and make a peri peri chicken pitta for a treat.

Frittata and salad probably my go to in the summer. Jacket potato in winter, I use taco beans in tomato sauce or sour cream, feta and spring onion, as well as the classic coleslaw, beans or tuna!

Wow it’s not even 11am and I want my lunch 🥗

I normally have a wrap or granary bread sandwich with a packet of wotsits or quavers. I sometimes take in a pot noodle. I don't have anything too heavy for lunch. I wouldn't be able to work.

Working from home during the winter months I’m having a tin of Heinz soup with some buttery brown bread 🍜

Reactions: 2
i really must try Heinz soups again, but always found them too salty
Getting bored of Cup-a-soups
Some of them aren’t up to much really! I only have the tomato, lentil or mulligatawny 💕 I love the chicken noodle cup a soups with the little circle noodles! I put loads of pepper in it 🤣💙

Today I had a picky lunch of ham, marmite cheese minis x2, hoummus, carrots, tomatoes, lettuce. Then a bag of quavers and a Kit Kat.

Tomorrow I’ve got leftover shakshuka with loads of parsley and coriander and some buttered granary bread.Think the eggs will go weird if I heat them up in the microwave though so I guess I’m eating it cold! (Didn’t think of that!!)

I am so boring compared to everyone else!

I usually have a sandwich, apple, yogurt, jelly, chocolate bar and crisps.

Last day of the week we usually order a take away 👀

I am back in Jan and I'm slowly stick piling home cooked meals and soups in the freezer. I will take one of those with fruit and yogurt.

I normally take in soup, jacket potato with beans, ham salad sandwich or leftovers. I have leftovers today (bolognese bake). Def good to get some more ideas on here as gets boring having the same things! 😄

I haven’t made anything for tomorrow and I’ve had a couple of wines so think I’ll treat myself to something from the canteen (nhs). No idea what they’ve got on offer yet but I’m hoping for meatballs (surprisingly good) or bbq chicken 🍗 and chips of course :)

Today I will be on customer site, so I think I will make myself a chicken & pesto rocket sarnie (never had it before but bored of the usual BLTs and hams etc)