What do you make for lunch at work?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like making wraps! Greek ones with chicken, salad and tzatziki.
Or coronation chicken with salad and maybe some cous cous to bulk it up.
Tuna mayo pasta with sweet corn and spring onion
Ham salad sandwich with cheese and Brandon pickle 😋
Sorry if these are weird ideas!

Reactions: 8
I made pita bread pockets with reduced fat humus mixed with finely shredded carrots, spring onion and spinach to make a slaw. Had today, very tasty.

Bog standard salty home made veggie soup with lentils (depends on veg I have or need used) we love a soup but I know some hate it.

Sandwich thins with cold meat and salad

Ham and egg salad

Baked potatoes with tuna or cheese and salad

Always usually have fruit and a yogurt as well.

Reactions: 3
I usually cook a huge batch of wholewheat pasta with lots of veggies at the start of the week and portion it out for four days then treat myself one day (usually Monday of Friday) xx

Cheese sandwiches, tuna mayo sandwiches, cold meat sandwiches..

Salads with lettuce, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn and radishes with some nuts on top

Leftovers from dinner

Pesto sweetcorn pasta. Boil pasta, add sweetcorn from can and pesto from jar with some seasoning and delicious!

My go to is cous cous with whatever I can find in the cupboards! Normally tuna, chick peas, sweet corn and some salad type veg. Or if I’ve got a load of veg to use up, roast it all up with some pesto and add that to it.

Reactions: 1
I don’t really like sandwiches so I go for leftovers or picky bits like salad, ham, apple, grapes, and crackers. I used to treat myself to one bought lunch a week but not sure I’ll be doing that anytime soon!

Reactions: 2
I boil a pan of pasta
cook a packet of bacon and slice it into large chunks
i drain the pasta and leave it to cool down
i then add vegetables (I like sweet corn,spring onions and celery)
mix it all in together and add mayo/french dressing
i might sling in chicken if there’s any left over

another is watercress,new/Charlotte potatoes,bacon salt,pepper, bacon and mustard
Sometimes I’ll chuck in some boiled eggs

If im feeling lazy-just been paid I’ll get a meal deal With extra chocolate bars

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ooh this is a good thread!

Soup (more so in winter than summer)
Jacket potato (cooked the night before then microwaved)
Salad/pasta salad
Wraps/pittas

I really wish we had a toaster at work so I could have bagels or crumpets (not allowed because grown-ass adults are incapable of not burning things and setting the fire alarms off)

Once a week I treat myself to a bought lunch, usually Subway, Pret or sushi

Reactions: 3
I boil a pan of pasta
cook a packet of bacon and slice it into large chunks
i drain the pasta and leave it to cool down
i then add vegetables (I like sweet corn,spring onions and celery)
mix it all in together and add mayo/french dressing
i might sling in chicken if there’s any left over

another is watercress,new/Charlotte potatoes,bacon salt,pepper, bacon and mustard
Sometimes I’ll chuck in some boiled eggs

If im feeling lazy-just been paid I’ll get a meal deal With extra chocolate bars
You do all that messing about with pasta at work? You'll be saying next you roast a turkey with all the trimmings.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I usually make an extra portion of what I’m cooking the night before. I make extra soup and freeze that so I’ve always got something I can grab and take to work.

Reactions: 6
I actually like to have overnight oats for my lunch. I normally crave something sweet in the afternoons so I pack it full of fruit and make it with yoghurt (normally fat free Greek yoghurt or a Muller light). Add in some chopped nuts or a dollop of peanut butter and it's surprisingly filling.

Was about to post a new thread and found the old one instead. Today I had leftover soup but I need some new ideas for future work lunches. I've been in a salad/sandwich/veggie stew rut for the past few years apart from the odd takeaway.

Was about to post a new thread and found the old one instead. Today I had leftover soup but I need some new ideas for future work lunches. I've been in a salad/sandwich/veggie stew rut for the past few years apart from the odd takeaway.
Veggie fajita wrap. Pasta bake etc

I had veggie rainbow hummus wrap today, Tesco do flavoured beetroot slices which are tasty to add to it! (BBC have a recipe for it)

I normally roast some mixed veges (onion, pepper, garlic, squash, aubergine, courgette and mushroom) add some red pesto and have it with some whole grains and feta

Currently obsessed with the fresh soups from M&S with a bread roll. They are quite low calorie too so you get a nice hearty lunch that keeps you warm without it being super naughty!

Quorn mince with veg makes a nice chilli
Any soup with a bread roll
Noodles
Houmous and pitta breads

I take the usual sandwiches/buns.

Sometimes I take a pasta salad, maybe tuna or chicken. Maybe homemade soup. Some days it might just be left overs from the previous night (e.g. pasta bake, Bolognese).

I'm making a frittata to take next week with salad. I try to batch make on a Sunday and just portion up each day, but I'm not always that prepared. Sometimes the husband will take a portion too (he's already bagsied a frittata portion next week!)