What are you doing to reduce your carbon footprint?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't been doing enough. To be fair, I don't go abroad a lot, last time I went abroad was 3-4 years ago.

I do not leave the water running when I'm brushing my teeth.

I recycle as much as possible

I should cut back meat consumption, as I eat a fair bit per week, whether it be bacon, sausages, or steak. I'm improving though.

I certainly can do more, but it certainly isn't easy after years of being used to living a far from green lifestyle.

How about you guys?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have no children or pets, these are the biggest things you can do to save the planet. I also don't drive, I eat very little meat, I look at food miles when choosing my shopping, my energy suppliers are as green as I can get them. I get as much use out of my furniture as possible, my wardrobe is 17yrs old, the doors are nearly falling off but I won't replace it till they actually fall off. However, I don't do nearly enough, I could recycle more, take fewer baths, put the heating on less.

I sometimes feel like it's futile and there's nothing we can do to save the planet, due to rampant consumerism and unfettered capitalism but I hope something will be done by world leaders to make huge changes that are beyond the control of folks like us

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don't do enough unfortunately but I am trying and am trying with the 2 cavemen I live with.

I hate having lights on when they're not needed. Heating is only on when I'm aware it's really cold (I don't really feel the cold, I'm a fat bird who grew up on the coast/city and moved to the moors) I have been having meat free days for a year but my family aren't too keen on having less meat ☹

I recycle as much as possible, no one but the dog has a bath now. But I want to do more. I am passionate about the wildlife are lucky enough to have a part of our garden which we have left to it's natural habitat and another area for us (decking and furniture). We had some trees cut back and replanted 3 new saplings along with other plants and bushes to encourage the local wildlife.

I really hope COP26 does some good, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think I’m quite low carbon by default.

Vegan, no kids, no passport, try to buy locally sourced fruit and veg, only have showers and use few utilities because it’s too expensive!, not into fast fashion (quality > quantity), have a car but it’s a 1.0 litre engine and I do less than 5k miles a year.

I think the focus should be on waste, many people are so wasteful and are encouraged to be by manufacturers.

Reactions: 1
Just wearing warmer clothes, lol havent used gas (always have used LED lights since about 2017) at all today and energy charges for today being just 56p lol and all being leccy costs haha

Trying to reduce amount of waste I have isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but yeah trying to... but sometimes have huge fatigue issues due to some quite complex health problems. Least I'm trying though.

Reactions: 1