Wembley concert tips.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got tickets for me and DD to see Taylor Swift at Wembley.

We're both ridiculously excited but I do suffer with anxiety, especially around the unknown.
I've never been to Wembley before so any info or tips would help ease the worry a bit.

We're in the nosebleeds seats.

Main worries are what the toilet situation is like? Are there massive ques? Is it stairs or lifts up to the top? How awful is it getting out?

I've got a hotel booked that's a 45 minute walk away, we're happy to walk it and assuming there'll be plenty of others walking away from the stadium.

Thanks in advance for any info.

The Wembley shows came up in one of the Taylor Swift threads not too long ago. It included info about transportation and lodging. A few people seemed very familiar with the stadium. [Maybe in thread 27 or 28] Here’s a link to the current Taylor Swift thread.
I know a few people that went to her shows last year and loved it. Tips were bring ear plugs as the crowds are really loud on top of the music and comfortable shoes to wear for after the Instagram photos.

Last edited:
I’ve been to a quite a few concerts there, we were in the nosebleed seats for one this summer and once you’re in there it’s absolutely fine. I was worried that the view would be rubbish but it wasn’t, and you don’t think about how high you are once you’re sat (or stood up dancing!)

The toilets are busy but there’s lots of them, if you don’t want to queue just avoid going at the busiest times eg when the concert finishes. There are stairs and escalators - there should be lifts too although I’ve never used them.

The main thing I would say is be prepared for it to take a while to get out of there at the end. With everyone leaving at the same time it’s really busy, and they’ll have crowd control in place. We left 15 mins before the end last time and it still took a while to walk back to the station. Although if you’re walking to a hotel in another direction it might not be as bad!

Reactions: 1
Thank you both, very helpful.

Good to know about the seats, I've been worrying they'll be rubbish.

Thank you both, very helpful.

Good to know about the seats, I've been worrying they'll be rubbish.
If you google ‘view from my seat Wembley’ you can see other people’s pictures from where you’ll be sitting. I spent ages worrying about the seats I booked recently because they were a present but they were fine, the atmosphere means the seats don’t really matter to be honest!

It can take a while to get out especially if you are heading to the tube station. They will limit the amount of people who can enter the train station for safety reasons so there is usually large crowds in Wembley Way which is the main route to the station. If you are not heading for a train try and avoid Wembley Way on exit.

It can take a while to get out especially if you are heading to the tube station. They will limit the amount of people who can enter the train station for safety reasons so there is usually large crowds in Wembley Way which is the main route to the station. If you are not heading for a train try and avoid Wembley Way on exit.
Thanks, I've looked at the map and we'll be walking in the other direction to Wembley Way.

When the gig finishes, they open all of the exit doors so that everyone can get out quite quickly, you won't be stuck in there for too long. They put all of the lights on too, it's very safe, even when coming down from the gods.
There is always a large crowd walking down Wembley Way, but everyone will be in a good mood, there will no doubt be some singing!
You're very lucky, staying in a hotel and not having to get the Tube, but do take care if you're walking back, some areas around there aren't very nice, maybe think about picking up an Uber when you're away from the immediate stadium area?
I've been to loads of gigs at Wembley, it's my favourite large venue, and much better than the ghastly O2. You and your daughter will have an amazing time!

I don't know the Wembley area at all but live in London. As a general rule of thumb though, I wouldn't walk 45 minutes late at night in an area outside of Central London that I don't know well. Unless you're with a big crowd of people heading to a station then you're obvious targets. Not knowing where you're going means you're likely to have your phone out at various points, you're likely to be distracted and won't know whether there are any particular points on the route to avoid. Personally I'd make a plan to get there by public transport or pick a closer hotel.

Reactions: 2
I don't know the Wembley area at all but live in London. As a general rule of thumb though, I wouldn't walk 45 minutes late at night in an area outside of Central London that I don't know well. Unless you're with a big crowd of people heading to a station then you're obvious targets. Not knowing where you're going means you're likely to have your phone out at various points, you're likely to be distracted and won't know whether there are any particular points on the route to avoid. Personally I'd make a plan to get there by public transport or pick a closer hotel.
I 100% agree with this, Wembley is not a safe area to be wandering around late at night

Thank you for the advice, I know there is a bus we can get, if not I'll try and get an Uber.
I naively thought there'd be lots of others heading back to the hotel so it'd be OK. It is a main road all the way.

Just a heads up regarding the toilet situation, take some loo roll with you, perhaps a pack of the wet flushable ones' as often the toilet roll runs out, it has every concert I've been to at Wembley Stadium. Take into account the cost of drinks or snacks, stupidly high but that's the same as most venues, we took some pringles and a bag of sweets in with us last time as we were going straight from work, I also put in my pocket a couple of plastic bottle tops as they used to remove these if you brought a bottle of coke or water (they do have refillable water stations dotted about). Hope this helps, enjoy the show.

I don't mind Wembley, we've been to quite a few concerts there. We always google the set list a day before and work out what the last song is and then leave as it starts. You can still hear it walking away, and it makes a massive difference to getting out. We got stuck for nearly 2 hours once leaving by coach... never again!