Wedding invite

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A gay couple i know is getting married next year. All over social media one of them is posting alot of anti boris Johnson stuff.

The thing is they have posted saying that anyone who voted for him and put him in control of their life should not come to their wedding as he is homophobic,racist etc and to basically go f themselves.

Its all kicking off and unfortunately they are very close to me and family member are now distraught by the comments.

Can anyone offer any advice on what to do?. Its a tricky issue but I don't think you can vet peoples voting sides for your wedding. I think they think they know who voted what and are making assumptions as my gran has heard about it and says she will not go because she voted for boris Nd they have basically told her to f herself!. She is beside herself and very upset.

They have friends and family who have voted in different ways so now a few family members have said tey will still go and others won't. I know ita not my place to sort it but I don't know whats right in this situation!

Any advice on what I can do?
They are being assholes. Their wedding doesn’t give them the excuse to behave this way. As the wedding is still a year away I wouldn’t listen or entertain it at all. It will be something different in a few months no doubt, it sounds like they are just fishing for social media likes and a reaction 🤣

As you are very close to them, I’d say go to the wedding and try and enjoy it as best you can. If it was me, I’d put their feelings about Boris aside and go anyway, regardless of how I voted.

It would probably be my stubbornness making me go as I wouldn’t want them to say oh you didn’t bother going to our wedding... cos you know that would come next! 🙄🤣

Reactions: 1
Their wedding - their choice.

They also sound like complete idiots and not people I’d want to see get married anyway

Reactions: 2
show up, buy two big sign letters B R and place them in front of the EXIT sign of the venue

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Im of the belief that this government dont like anyone who isnt straight and white and healthy.

Boris himself has written some quite uncomfortable pieces about sexuality and used negative language about gay men in the past. (Tank top wearing bum boys anyone) This is common knowledge...

I have myself reported homophobic language in work and certainly wouldnt give these people in work the time of day. I would not be nominating them for any sort of position that peoples well being relied upon. I would seriously question any colleagues who would.

All of that being said noone is going to out themselves as a tory voter on a bloody FB post about a wedding. So its nonsense he is posting it all over his social media really and certainly in my circle of friends we all have v similar political views and anyone I invited to my wedding would be a close friend Id want there so Id more than likely be aware of there political leanings before sending the invite.

Whos he inviting? Surely its up to him who he invites, people arent just showing up.

Reactions: 3
I hate weddings gay/straight or otherwise. Hours stood around having to make small talk with people you dont talk to the other 364 days of the year and eating luke warm mediocre food.

I would say I voted Boris to not get an invite.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Maybe someone needs to tell them that the only people who could have voted for Boris in the general election are those who live in his constituency. We don’t vote for party leaders in the U.K. this isn’t America. You vote for your local MP.

Reactions: 6
A gay couple i know is getting married next year. All over social media one of them is posting alot of anti boris Johnson stuff.

The thing is they have posted saying that anyone who voted for him and put him in control of their life should not come to their wedding as he is homophobic,racist etc and to basically go f themselves.

Its all kicking off and unfortunately they are very close to me and family member are now distraught by the comments.

Can anyone offer any advice on what to do?. Its a tricky issue but I don't think you can vet peoples voting sides for your wedding. I think they think they know who voted what and are making assumptions as my gran has heard about it and says she will not go because she voted for boris Nd they have basically told her to f herself!. She is beside herself and very upset.

They have friends and family who have voted in different ways so now a few family members have said tey will still go and others won't. I know ita not my place to sort it but I don't know whats right in this situation!

Any advice on what I can do?
If I was in your shoes, I wouldn’t go. Not because of political reasons on who you voted for, but because of their arseholish behaviour. What gives them the right to be so judgemental on who voted for what party? I would take your grandmother out somewhere lovely and spend the day together away from those arseholes!

Jesus! I’ve heard it all now, what a pair of fuckwits they are. 🤣

I hate weddings gay/straight or otherwise. Hours stood around having to make small talk with people you dont talk to the other 364 days of the year and eating luke warm mediocre food.

I would say I voted Boris to not get an invite.
I am the same, I can’t stand weddings anymore. Even family weddings are becoming a bore-fest now and they were the only ones I would bother going to. 😄

Reactions: 2
Are they being serious? or dramatic for effect?

It seems like a “thing” these days to be publicly put out statements like “if you voted X then just delete me now” or “if you aren’t educating yourself on BLM then we aren’t friends”

it’s all very immature but they have NO way of vetting who voted what. Perhaps just roll your eyes, shake your head at their nonsense and go anyway? He’s had an outburst but is it all bark and no bite?

I can understand him being angry about certain parties or politicians but he has no right to try and police his friends/family and their beliefs/voting record.

Perhaps a call - not Facebook- to let him know he’s being childish and to get a grip of himself. Maybe a reminder that after the last year we’ve all experienced, he should be thankful to have a room full of family snd friends who are still alive to celebrate their big day with them. Sounds like they need reminding that it’s only a wedding and the world doesn’t revolve around them.

Reactions: 3