Wedding gift

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread has been very useful helping me decide what to give one of my best friends who is getting married in a few weeks. Thank you.

Related question as I haven't been to a wedding in years, how do you give cash? As in years ago I would pop a cheque in with the card, do people literally put cash in, or I was debating transferring the money to her account on the wedding day and putting a note in the card to say I had done that. Just thinking how annoying it might be having wads of cash to pay into the bank after (first World problems I know!)

As a member of the bridal party, is cash an acceptable gift? If yes, how much would you give?
I usually always give cash. Depending on finances at the time, £50 to someone not so close and maybe £100 to a close friend and this is from myself and partner. We’ve not had a family wedding together yet so I think maybe a little more then?

This thread has been very useful helping me decide what to give one of my best friends who is getting married in a few weeks. Thank you.

Related question as I haven't been to a wedding in years, how do you give cash? As in years ago I would pop a cheque in with the card, do people literally put cash in, or I was debating transferring the money to her account on the wedding day and putting a note in the card to say I had done that. Just thinking how annoying it might be having wads of cash to pay into the bank after (first World problems I know!)
I've always done a cheque but the last wedding I went to was about 7 years ago so that's probably outdated now

Reactions: 1
I do cash over cheque. Because when we got married we got cheques in my married name that I couldn’t cash until all my details were swapped with the bank

I've always done a cheque but the last wedding I went to was about 7 years ago so that's probably outdated now
Yeah this is my issue, I don't even know where my cheque book is now 🤣 They've only asked for money so are they really going to want thousands in cash 🤷‍♀️

Wow, I’m getting married next year and some of the figures that bridesmaids are paying is crazy!
Fair enough, I only have two bridesmaids, but I’m paying for their hair & makeup, their dress & shoes.
The hotel room the night before will be split between us as we are a party of four with two rooms and any pre wedding activities are going to be minimal, I just want cocktails and a meal for my “hen do”.

Personally I’m not bothered what gift people give/don’t give me for the wedding. I want people to come because I want them there, If someone wants to give £10 or a bottle of Prosecco then that’s fine by me!

I gave my brother £100 for his wedding and a canvas, but I usually give other family members £50 in a card. :)

£100s is crazy when you are part of the bridal party..!

You have to pay for your dress, shoes, hair, make up, accommodation etc.

£100s is crazy when you are part of the bridal party..!

You have to pay for your dress, shoes, hair, make up, accommodation etc.
Do bridesmaids pay for their own shoes dresses, hair and makeup where you’re from? I’ve seen this quite a bit online in the US

Do bridesmaids pay for their own shoes dresses, hair and makeup where you’re from? I’ve seen this quite a bit online in the US
For my wedding , she offered to pay for her own dress, shoes she wore a pair of old comfy heels that would last all day as they wouldnt be seen under the dress, i paid for her hair and makeup trial and also on the day and she also got a proposal box, goody bag on both hen dos and also a gift on the wedding day morning

For my wedding I paid for the following for 3 bridesmaids.
Hair, make up, tan, nails, pedicure, dress, shoes, bouquet, handbag and hair accessories. A gift on the day too.
When I’ve been a bridesmaid I haven’t had to pay anything.
It’s different at every wedding though and personal choice. There’s no set rule on what you have to do.