Vets

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weve found a little marble sized lump on our 6 yr old cats side, it doesnt seem to be bothering her when we touch it but she has become very quiet and hasnt been miowing for her food (although is still eating!) Our other cat normally plays with her but he hasnt bothered in the past 3 days.

Now I know the vets arent treating animals at the moment so I don't really know what to do. It isnt an energency as such as it could be nothing, but Im worried if it is something and we leave it to late 😩.

Ring your vet, if you’re worried don’t just leave it. They can give you advice on whether they think it’s emergency and if they think your cat needs seeing they will see them. They are still treating animals where necessary, they need seeing like humans! My aunties cat was poorly a few weeks ago, think it was worms in the end but they saw him and treated him at the practice.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Contact the vet, it sounds like an emergency to me, they will see her I'm sure. I hope shes o.k.

• Heart
Weve found a little marble sized lump on our 6 yr old cats side, it doesnt seem to be bothering her when we touch it but she has become very quiet and hasnt been miowing for her food (although is still eating!) Our other cat normally plays with her but he hasnt bothered in the past 3 days.

Now I know the vets arent treating animals at the moment so I don't really know what to do. It isnt an energency as such as it could be nothing, but Im worried if it is something and we leave it to late 😩.
We’ve had similar and our vet said just to monitor it’s size and if it starts getting bigger or bothering them to ring them back

but at the minute are only seeing emergencies. give them a quick call as they are still open to check what the say.
its not ideal we’d have usually been straight there and this was a few weeks ago

• Heart
Thank you everyone. Our vets is shut till Tuesday so we will ring then and see what they say.

Reactions: 2
Thank you everyone. Our vets is shut till Tuesday so we will ring then and see what they say.
Good luck! It could just be lipomas if it feels fatty and you’re able to move it, they start getting them as they age. Our vet is doing virtual consultations so hopefully you get a good opinion on it.

I would always get a lump checked out if possible, I think a lot of vets are seeing animals if they feel it necessary, or they may just do a telephone appointment. Our dog had manky ears so we had a telephone appointment and I sent pics. Hope your little cat is all OK :)

Weve got an appt for her tomorrow morning. Only one person is allowed in the consult room with her which suprised me as I heard theyve been taken them from the car 🙈

Reactions: 4
Weve got an appt for her tomorrow morning. Only one person is allowed in the consult room with her which suprised me as I heard theyve been taken them from the car 🙈
Good news that they are seeing her, hope all goes ok xx

Does anyone know anything about cat’s legs? My cats been limping with pain in his back leg he hisses to himself and gets annoyed if you touch it. I want to take him to the vets as I’m worried it could be broken but have family members saying it’s probably just sprained and will be better by the end of the day

Does anyone know anything about cat’s legs? My cats been limping with pain in his back leg he hisses to himself and gets annoyed if you touch it. I want to take him to the vets as I’m worried it could be broken but have family members saying it’s probably just sprained and will be better by the end of the day
I would get it checked out. Especially if he is in pain.

Reactions: 2
I would 100% ring your vets. Cats are good at hiding pain so the fact hes showing it would make me think he is in alot of pain.

Just wanted to let you know shes okay. She has a puncture wound and the vet thinks what ever caused it led to infection. So shes now on 2 weeks of antibiotics.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I took my cat the vet last week - took pictures and then dropped her off outside. Hope she is ok xxx

Just wanted to let you know shes okay. She has a puncture wound and the vet thinks what ever caused it led to infection. So shes now on 2 weeks of antibiotics.
I'm just seeing this now. Delighted to hear that everything is okay 😻

I would definitely get it checked out.
Our cat came in limping one Saturday morning last year and had black stuff that we thought was oil on her, especially her paws.
At the time there was a digger in our neighbours as they were doing work.
We were afraid that she'd got caught in the machinery and damaged her leg.

We went straight to the vet (as they only work a half day on Saturday and close at 12)
They were lovely despite us running in at the last minute without an appointment, and in the end it turned out to be nothing serious. The vet said she'd most likely pulled something but it was very mild and would sort itself out in a couple of days, just to keep an eye on her. He gave her an antibiotic injection just in case there was any small wound that he couldn't see, and a weeks supply of anti-inflammatories to put in her food.

She was fine within a couple of days and hopefully your cat will be too, but it's probably still a good idea to ring the vet and see what they say.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3