Uninviting wedding guests

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WELL DONE! Yep, doesn't matter anymore.

Good luck with the wedding. What sort of venue are you getting married at? Have you done much planning?
Thank you so much :) it is a destination wedding in Greece, ceremony and reception are booked but after that our planning has halted.... We are supposed to fly out later in the year and view the venue, will make more decisions over styling and extras at that point hopefully. In the back of my mind I still feel like even in 2021 getting this pulled off is going to be hard! Even with the shorter guestlist. We started planning before I had ever heard the words corona virus, weirdly feels sickeningly indulgent now to be going ahead with the current state of the world :(

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you so much :) it is a destination wedding in Greece, ceremony and reception are booked but after that our planning has halted.... We are supposed to fly out later in the year and view the venue, will make more decisions over styling and extras at that point hopefully. In the back of my mind I still feel like even in 2021 getting this pulled off is going to be hard! Even with the shorter guestlist. We started planning before I had ever heard the words corona virus, weirdly feels sickeningly indulgent now to be going ahead with the current state of the world :(
You are allowed to feel upset and disappointed that you can't plan how you would like. Fingers crossed by next summer this will be a distant horrible memory.

On the topic of friends hubby has a group of friends since his teens but recently we’ve noticed we’ve been excluded from their child’s birthdays and not invited to anything. I made a new fb and none accepted me, one of the mums who my hubby has known years and would have always been in their house has deleted him off fb too. They made excuses not come to our children’s party. We don’t know how to navigate it hubby is non confrontational but I feel their problem is me I really don’t know what I’ve done but it does annoy me. Photos uploaded of all the “friends” and us excluded is just plain nasty. Any tips?

• Sad
On the topic of friends hubby has a group of friends since his teens but recently we’ve noticed we’ve been excluded from their child’s birthdays and not invited to anything. I made a new fb and none accepted me, one of the mums who my hubby has known years and would have always been in their house has deleted him off fb too. They made excuses not come to our children’s party. We don’t know how to navigate it hubby is non confrontational but I feel their problem is me I really don’t know what I’ve done but it does annoy me. Photos uploaded of all the “friends” and us excluded is just plain nasty. Any tips?
Just ignore it. There’s always a small chance you did ‘something’ but if they’re petty enough to do that then there’s no point trying with them.

My partner has a friend like this who does similar things but luckily everyone else really likes us so we stay in the group, probably much to their annoyance. Some people just like to be ‘in’ though so if another person decides your face doesn’t fit they all just follow.

you’re probably thin and good looking and one or both of you are doing well in life and people do just get jealous and that’s how they deal with that emotion

Summersuzy I am in a similar position.
I was in an extremely abusive relationship which ended abruptly when he was sectioned for holding a gun to someone’s head (!) About a week later I found out I was seven months pregnant.
About three years later I got together with another boy in our friendship circle, we have been married for ten years now.
My ex was very charismatic and popular and I know lots of them blame me for his demise and don’t like me at all. They didn’t see what happened behind closed doors.
All you can do- all I can do- is ignore it. They don’t know your life story. People think what they think. Sorry for derailing! And OP I’m really glad you have found a way to exclude the group you don’t want there x

Thanks all, I haven’t reacted at all- I’ve surprised myself 😂 they’re very boastful and keep up with the jones types always have been, materialistic id call them and we aren’t. We’ve worked for everything we had yet they’ve had hand outs. Hub thinks it’s coz they now think they’re better than us but who knows can’t be annoyed with that I’m content with little and I like it that way.
well done on doing your wedding your way frig everyone else x

Reactions: 2
Summersuzy I am in a similar position.
I was in an extremely abusive relationship which ended abruptly when he was sectioned for holding a gun to someone’s head (!) About a week later I found out I was seven months pregnant.
About three years later I got together with another boy in our friendship circle, we have been married for ten years now.
My ex was very charismatic and popular and I know lots of them blame me for his demise and don’t like me at all. They didn’t see what happened behind closed doors.
All you can do- all I can do- is ignore it. They don’t know your life story. People think what they think. Sorry for derailing! And OP I’m really glad you have found a way to exclude the group you don’t want there x
Sorry to hear you had to go through that and I’m so glad you are happier now ❤ What’s that saying what others think of us is none of our business or something like that 😂

• Heart
Sorry to hear you had to go through that and I’m so glad you are happier now ❤ What’s that saying what others think of us is none of our business or something like that 😂
Thank you- never thought it would be okay but it is now. And exactly that, nobody knows your business. Which all the current influencers could do with working out!