Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Read this today
08770B20-ED0B-4EAD-8E8E-3953E82FF401.jpeg

Along with seeing the video of an elderly couple being shot to pieces in their car by a Russian tank.

The excuse of ‘we didn’t know what we were doing’ is going to start wearing real thin soon.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 58

Dot_Cotton

Chatty Member
Different view to a few on here, but from what I have seen the past couple of weeks I am actually proud of the UK. People have donated massive amounts of items and money. The government has led the way with sanctions and talks. It has also made me thankful for just having an idiot like Boris in charge rather than a disgusting, evil dictator. Also so thankful that we are a safe country compared to others because of NATO and it isn’t something I have really given a thought to before. I think we are doing plenty and of course it’s not always perfect and there is always room for more but I am grateful that there is some thought behind what we can and can’t do from the powers that be rather than plunging us into a full scale war across Europe.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Autisteuse

VIP Member
They hit a maternity hospital in Mariupol. A maternity hospital. Babies are buried in the rubble.
I just have no words.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 46

kev1974

VIP Member
I don't get why people want visa requirements to be entirely dropped for Ukrainians.

We SHOULD definitely do everything we can to help Ukrainians including letting them come to the UK if they want to or have links here. But:
- Before we all fell so madly in love with Ukraine, it was one of the most corrupt countries in Europe, especially if you go back a couple of years to what was going on there. Everyone forgotten the shenanigans with their presidents prior to Zelensky (look up Yulia Tymoshenko and what happened to her at Yanukovych's hands)? They have a LOT of gangsters and hardened criminals.
- Grenfell and the fraudsters that claimed vast amounts of money out after that disaster, has shown us just how many scumbags in the country/world will happily make stuff up in order to take advantage of another person's crisis for themselves.

I don't want gangsters or the world's fraudsters claiming they're Ukranian and just strolling in. Can't see a problem with taking a day or two to check identities and make sure everyone we help is genuine?

• Heart
Reactions: 41

mRsKbRoOkS

VIP Member
Found out last night my nearest and dearest is being deployed to Poland within the coming days. Devastated and scared is an understatement 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

VC10

VIP Member
I couldn't agree more. Who gives a shit about NATO, this is war crime after war crime everyday and innocent civilians being bombed trying to escape, hospitals getting destroyed, women in labour and babies being murdered!! At what point is too much? WHY can the world not unite now in helping Ukraine? I feel very uncomfortable as a UK citizen and this basically being allowed to occur.
I don't. We are doing plenty. And we aren't plunging into WW3. As for not giving a shit about NATO, it's precisely NATO thats kept you safe from invasion and War all your life ?
If we attack Russia, its a declaration of War. Do you want to be in a World War? That's what would happen if we step into this Invasion of Ukraine. I know its hard to watch and accept, but that's the way of the World. Thank god we do live here in the UK.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

Miscanthus

VIP Member
I’ve noticed culture and attitudes change in the UK over the past 10 years. Many people have become quite inward looking and more self centred. To everyone. I’m not saying that the UK is better or worse than others in this regard. I can only speak for my own experience of the UK because that’s where I live. And we should be as willing as everyone else to take refugees imo.
Humans are by nature selfish but I'm fed up of people saying we should do more.
We have taken 150,000 from Hong Kong, 12,000 Afghans, tens of thousands a year fleeing from Iran, Iraq( by legal or illegal means), Zimbabwean's fleeing landgrabbing, we've had Poles and Romanians and now Ukrainians. We are a very welcoming country. If we need to do checks then we should...
There are always people who profit from war and the people smugglers
and others will take advantage.
Don't believe people like Macron who seems to govern France with one eye on the UK. He's trouble stirring while ushering migrants through France to Calais or making life uncomfortable for migrants there so they move on.
We were one of the first countries to recognise The Ukraine as a sovereign nation and we have helped train their troops and provided expertise and military equipment (pre this war).
If checks need doing then it's worth waiting. The main thing is Ukrainians can leave their country and get to safety, then they can consider where they go. Meanwhile we are providing millions in aid both as a government and through charities.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

NeverEnough

VIP Member
I agree, absolutely.

From the comfort of my own safe home this absolutely looked like a hospital, and we are told was an maternity hospital in use.

I agree that's what is being said.

Just to play devil's advocate here who says it was an in use hospital ? Who is to say it hadn't been evacuated last week and was empty?

It's still a maternity hospital. And the video shows a maternity hospital that has been hit. So that's a truth isn't it....the side that may not be completely up to date is that it was evacuated last week and no one was in residence.

I cant see where anyone here has implied Ukrainians have bombed themselves.

No one, as far as can see, has said that. Good god why on earth would they jeopardise the interanation support they have?

What is being said is to be cautious with what is being shown. The Ukrainians are absolutely desperate for international help.
Well if we are treading the time worn cliche that the first casualty of war is the truth then the solution is simple, concentrate on what you know are the indisputable facts and draw your own conclusions.

Fact one, there is indisputably a current war taking place in the Ukraine. We know this from the pictures and reports that are being shown in multiple outlets around the world, and the 1.4 million refugees currently crossing into Poland. This is universally accepted as the truth outside of infowars readers who prefer the explanation that the Illuminati have recruited millions of Ukrainian speaking crisis actors.

Fact two the belligerents in this war are Russia and the Ukraine. This has been recognised by both governments.

Fact three the war started after Russia surrounded the country with their forces despite assurances that they were on exercises. As the war is taking place in Ukraine only the only conclusion that can be drawn is that Russia invaded with preplanning and malice.

Fact four, Vladimir Putin has indisputably made thinly veiled threats of nuclear retaliation for anyone getting involved. I’m not aware of similar threats emanating from the Ukraine who actively gave up their nuclear weapons.

Draw whatever conclusion you like, using whatever source or data you like, but it seems pretty clear to me that yes there is a “bad guy” here. And that is Russia.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Marylou

VIP Member
These are actually the real colours of the Irish Gardaí so I hope someone tells Putin that 😂

IMG-20220308-WA0008.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

VC10

VIP Member
As I said, Russians won't give a toss about ukranians. They will be murdered without question. The men, the women, the children , the old, the infirm. It won't matter.
This is why Ukranians will fight on the street outside their homes with a breadknife to hand, and go down fighting to protect their own.
Many have done so already, and will do so.
Some people here in Britain need to realise how bloody lucky they are, living here- whining on about crap.
Protected. Defence. Quality of Life & Freedom. No need to carry I.D, nobody questioning you on leaving your home at 4am in the Morning to go somewhere. The cleanest water in the World running out of a tap all their lives, freedom to vote for whoever you want, everything really....
The Ukranians want it & it's being stripped away from them by shelling, murder, maiming death, destruction and rape by Russia and brainwashed Dictatorship Russians.

This is exactly why Defence- and its expensive - is so important to us.
NATO is vital to European peace and protection , and its the UK and the USA that provides the bulk of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

I'm not Putin

VIP Member
just gonna be real all the people saying close the skies would be the first ones crying scared and moaning if the war came to our door step we save ukraine but put the rest of the world in danger dont forget russia has china as allies two countries with lots of nukes anyway im going to take a break for tonight as quite frankly this conversation is growing tiresome on me

edit sorry if i sound blunt just honestly fed up of this horriable world we live in maybe covid times were not so bad after all goodnight all :)

Reactions: 34

Smileygirl

Just catching up on some of the recent posts on the last thread.

I think we should all remember there is no doubt a huge amount of ‘classified info’ that we are not been prevy in relation to what the NATO countries are giving Ukraine in terms of ‘help’
All this talk of jets from Poland via US has been given serious consideration by all parties in NATO and all Repercussions looked at. We are only reading / hearing what they want us & possibly Putin / Russia to read.
Remember stronger together - we got this

❤ Zelenskyy

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Yel

Chatty Member
I just can't with all the Chelsea fans bemoaning how their life is so unfair and they're the real victim's.

They should have kicked up a fuss when dirty money was used to buy their club.

Any oligarch that's carried on making fortunes and hasn't ended up in jail with dubious charges is almost certainly cosy with putin.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 33

Yel

Chatty Member
I won't forget McDonalds, Starbucks, coke etc pulling out of Russia nearly a week after places like IKEA did and only after they were really forced to.

They were so hoping the campaigns would go away but once one folded they all did within a couple of hours.

Next time Starbucks is going on about their exceptionally high ethical standards they need to be reminded of this.

I'll carry on never going to Starbucks or the coke owned Costa!

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Wowitsme

VIP Member
I have been following these threads for a while now. I have not seen anyone ask why Ukraine has not retalliated and sent misssiles etc to Russia. I know the Ukranians are a bit busy defending their land but was just wondering.
Because they do not want a war, they want their freedom and independence which putin is trying to take away from them. It is not a war it is an invasion

• Heart
Reactions: 31