Tomanychildren

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually really like this account. Kids seem well cared for and are really cute. Mum seems modest and posts only occasionally genuinely interesting family I think

Reactions: 2
Actually really like this account. Kids seem well cared for and are really cute. Mum seems modest and posts only occasionally genuinely interesting family I think
She does seem lovely, very genuine, I used to read her blog. One thing that really put me off her though was when she had a donate button and was showing things that she bought for birthdays et c and she spent so much money on quite frankly stupid stuff, but then complained about 'times are so hard'. Times would be very hard for me and I wouldn't have enough money to buy food if I bought vintage handcrafted stuff for young children who would be just as happy with a toy from the pound shop. I also wonder if her photos are very staged as her house looks completely empty.

I like her and think she’s a great mum, her eldest daughter is also fab. I’m so nosey though and would love to know what went on behind the scenes with her hubby and their spilt, I heard it wasn’t nice, but I respect her for not revealing the details.

Yes she does seem like a great mum and her eldest is her biggest advocate and cheerleader. Re her marriage break up, I think there was a lot of abusive control and IIRC she said on the blog that legally she couldn't say anything. Is she from a Christian background that encourages a lot of children? There is a Baptist church near me and the children always remind me of hers the way they are dressed.

Reactions: 1
I like her and think she’s a great mum, her eldest daughter is also fab. I’m so nosey though and would love to know what went on behind the scenes with her hubby and their spilt, I heard it wasn’t nice, but I respect her for not revealing the details.
So lovely! The daughter detailed recently that she’d started trauma therapy and after her long health battles it does seem linked to the sudden disappearance of the father. Weirdly, my Facebook used to recommend friends to me who were from Instagram (so weird as I follow people from all over the world and often I didn’t know their names) the dad of all the children popped up (he appears to be a ‘father fighting for justice’) and it would seem he’s the father of a few more older children...
I got the feeling Ness was heartbroken and feel her account is very carefully considered. She also doesn’t just flog stuff.

I think the eldest had/has an eating disorder and spent quite a prolonged time in hospital? Glad to hear she is getting therapy. I got the impression that she had him removed from the house rather than him leaving, could be completely wrong though.

I think the eldest had/has an eating disorder and spent quite a prolonged time in hospital? Glad to hear she is getting therapy. I got the impression that she had him removed from the house rather than him leaving, could be completely wrong though.
I agree. I think something happened to trigger it though. But it’s strange he has no contact with the kids, must be serious. I remember her 21 st wedding anniversary and a mother’s day where she thanked him for allowing her to live the life she lived. She was so genuine and gentle, I felt so sad for her when she suddenly was single.

• Sad
She does seem lovely, very genuine, I used to read her blog. One thing that really put me off her though was when she had a donate button and was showing things that she bought for birthdays et c and she spent so much money on quite frankly stupid stuff, but then complained about 'times are so hard'. Times would be very hard for me and I wouldn't have enough money to buy food if I bought vintage handcrafted stuff for young children who would be just as happy with a toy from the pound shop. I also wonder if her photos are very staged as her house looks completely empty.
Yeah you can’t cry poverty when the kids are all wearing salt water sandals and cath kidston clothes/back packs.

Yeah you can’t cry poverty when the kids are all wearing salt water sandals and cath kidston clothes/back packs.
I don’t think she’s crying poverty in the slightest. I know that when Sally was mugged and people were really affected they asked Ness to set up a donating button because they wanted to help her. Nothing wrong in that and she clearly felt very awkward about it. If you look carefully and follow you will see the Salt-Waters are handed down child to child (and I got my daughters for £15 from John Lewis -3 pairs, cheaper than Clark’s) her boys are in H&m and very simple clothing and she likes nice dresses for the girls which resell very well. I’m on a low income but buy a few quality items rather than piles of crap from primark.
I’ve never seen Ness cry ‘poverty’ or ask for handouts, she’s very humble and lovely.
My daughters sale cath kidston bag was far cheaper than smiggle, Sainsbury’s and Claire’s offerings which were much less quality. If you shop end of sale and carefully it lasts a lot longer.

Reactions: 5
She has said a few times that the girls Boden/kidston dresses etc are almost all second hand and some small businesses send her dresses too

Reactions: 3
I feel conflicted saying this because she is so nice, but several times on her blog she said about not having enough money for food. She wasn't begging for money/goods at all, but would then show her latest birthday purchases and it was VERY expensive stuff for what it was. I get that financial issues are relative and maybe her idea of 'hard times' is very different to mine.
I also think it's odd that her boys are always dressed in cheap clothing (H&M) but the girls get vintage brands.

She has said a few times that the girls Boden/kidston dresses etc are almost all second hand and some small businesses send her dresses too
Also if you get a £10 voucher for Boden and shop a reduced item you can get it very cheap. All of the fabric dresses she buys or puts them in are the resealable liberty style. I remember often with small companies she’d promote (unlike other bike flogging accounts - MOD...) the sellers would be clear that tomanychildren had refused a freebie and insisted on paying.
She could easily have monetised her account but she has not. Her followers have slowly fallen from 15.2k so she’s not out to increase them.

I feel conflicted saying this because she is so nice, but several times on her blog she said about not having enough money for food. She wasn't begging for money/goods at all, but would then show her latest birthday purchases and it was VERY expensive stuff for what it was. I get that financial issues are relative and maybe her idea of 'hard times' is very different to mine.
I also think it's odd that her boys are always dressed in cheap clothing (H&M) but the girls get vintage brands.
I wondered if that was pre having to declare and that the little shops were sending her stuff, as she’s stopped sharing that sort of thing completely since the mumsnet thread.

I haven’t followed her long but really like her. She seems so gentle and the kids are never forced to pose for photos they are so natural and lovely. Her house is beautiful too but without being try hard. I must admit I do have a morbid curiosity about the home situation too... to have 12 children together is a huge commitment I’d be interested to know what ended his involvement with the family

I’d be interested too. Her eldest has posted that she hasn’t seen her dad in 2 years because it’s the safest option for her and the whole family.
My heart breaks thinking that the father may have been abusive, but you can never know what goes on behind closed doors. I hope they are doing well and have genuine peace now, and jeez, hats off to ness for raising that many children on her own! What a wonder woman!

Reactions: 3