Those of us who are grieving.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My grandma passed away three weeks ago now, I was very close to her and feel her loss. It’s made me consider where I live, which is 1hr & 1/2 from my family and where I grew up. Obviously I have a family of my own now and in general love where I live and wouldn’t change it. Husband has decent job, kids happy and settled in schools. I don’t think we are even in a position to move atm. However the loss is making me consider that I’m missing out on not living closer to my parents and other relatives. They can’t just pop round for a coffee, that kind of thing. We try out best to see each other regularly but I’m worried I will regret it later on.
So sorry to hear about your Grandma. They leave such a void.

I'm in a very similar situation family-wise and have found myself thinking along these lines too. I think massive life events like bereavement do make you start questioning how you're living your life and whether you're doing what's best. I know logistically it might be difficult but it's important to follow your heart too, and I really hope that if moving closer to family is something you truly want, that you can somehow find a way to make it work. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1