Thinning hair... receding hairline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any advice on thinning hair around the hairline? I have naturally thick hair yet it’s thinning especially on the left side of my hair and crown :( I’m only in my 30s😭

Reactions: 1
I’m going to watch this thread with interest. I’m a bit older than you and have tried biotin, iron, sheep placenta oil among other things but nothing’s worked that well.

First thing you need to do is check with docs that no underlying health condition is causing it, eg under active thyroid.

Following as I’m going through the same and also in my 30s. I wear my hair tied up a lot due to work, so not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I’ve only recently become quite aware that it’s thinning around the hairline/sides and I hate it. I also have thick hair otherwise. :(

I’ve been having the exact same problem but it only started during lockdown. I’m young but I can pull clumps of hair from my head daily, I think it’s down to a deficient diet. I honestly have no idea how I have any hair left.

Check out the Nioxin 3 step system shampoo kit, I am a stylist and have seen some great results when clients have used this religiously.

Reactions: 3
I
Check out the Nioxin 3 step system shampoo kit, I am a stylist and have seen some great results when clients have used this religiously.
I used it for 2 years plus, the only part of it that helped was the foam. Any mousse does the same job.

Tip though, if anyone does want to try it, buy it in TK Maxx as they have huge bottles for £20 sometimes.

Reactions: 2
I

I used it for 2 years plus, the only part of it that helped was the foam. Any mousse does the same job.

Tip though, if anyone does want to try it, buy it in TK Maxx as they have huge bottles for £20 sometimes.
Aw what a shame, I’d recommend buying the small starter kit first then in the correct number system suitable to hair type. Will give people an idea of how it works for them before committing to the litre bottle

Aw what a shame, I’d recommend buying the small starter kit first then in the correct number system suitable to hair type. Will give people an idea of how it works for them before committing to the litre bottle
Yes I did that to begin with. Again they’re much cheaper to buy on Amazon than in salons.

Not sure if you have seen but scalp micropigmentation is an amazing way to create the illusion of thicker and fuller hair. Men and women can have it and it’s essentially a scalp tattoo - worth looking into as it’s not that expensive either compared to things like hair transplants.

I'm no medic so obviously take this with the relevant salt, but be careful if your hair is thinning/receding of traction alopecia. its a condition where hair loss is experienced specifically around the hairline due to regularly pulling on your hair i.e tight ponytails, buns, plaits etc. This is something I've always done and I'm now experiencing the effects you all describe.

Im in this boat. I have naturally thin hair made thinner with post partum hair loss. Its so thin and horrible. The condition is good as I deep condition twice a week and have regular trims. Im currently trying horse shampoo suitable for humans I think its called maine and tail and body. I take post natal vitamins for hair and nails and have seen good results with my nails not my hair though. Ive had hormones and full blood count checked and all fine. Its really horrible at 33 years of age when you can barely scrape a pony tail together because its so thin