Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Basic as duck quotes on twitter or insta that get put into photo form then liked and shared thousands of times. They're never quirky, funny or insightful.

Reactions: 24
Any sentence, meme, GIF, story, anecdote, general conversation which mentions

‘Staying safe’
‘Keeping others safe’
‘When it’s safe to do so’

Reactions: 32
People who have to turn absolutely everything into a photoshoot but especially events that are supposed to be about quiet reflection like the 1 year covid vigil.

I just don't get the burning need people have to take selfies of everything they do, every day.

I think when people, including celebrities, royals and politicians can't make a gesture without showing everyone how awesome they are for doing it something has gone wrong with society.

Reactions: 25
There’s someone I follow on IG who is always slating people for showing off when they do a good deed to make themselves look good (you know things like bragging that they gave food to a homeless person and tit like that). Then in the next post will literally be patting herself on the back for also doing a good deed and will go on about how they’ve been doing x for sooo long but they get on with it and never mention it, yet they do every week without fail🙄Literally couldn’t make it up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Show off parents 🤣 like piles of wrapped presents dont bother me like I get it, we all like spoiling our children but, a girl on my Facebooks son has just turned 5 and she's put a picture up of him posing with each present unwrapped 🙄🤣 like she's clearly just done it to be like 'oOoOh LoOk WhAt I goT mY sOn' like literally just him posing with his Nintendo Switch box, a Dre Beats box.. (dre beats for a 5 year old? Ok)

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Any type of 'Put the volume on, wait until the end' videos.

No thanks. Time for super scroll.

Reactions: 30
Its been said a lot already... but how are people still so effing stupid and share fake pages. A harvester page offering a free meal... created today and all you have to do is click on a very dodgy link and enter all your details. Bargain

Jesus christ

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Might have been posted in the previous threads but the mums who post pictures of their kids rash like “what could this be...?”
And the mums that reply, but every reply is different:
“Just prickly heat hun❤
“Nappy rash”
“OMG meningitis get to A&E now”
“Lukz lyk a viral infekshion bbe”

Just take your kid to a pharmacy or ring 111 if you’re concerned. Why post it on Facebook?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Might have been posted in the previous threads but the mums who post pictures of their kids rash like “what could this be...?”
And the mums that reply, but every reply is different:
“Just prickly heat hun❤
“Nappy rash”
“OMG meningitis get to A&E now”
“Lukz lyk a viral infekshion bbe”

Just take your kid to a pharmacy or ring 111 if you’re concerned. Why post it on Facebook?!
I have one of these and it gets me every time
Like Iam not a bleeping doctor!!

just hate it so much!!

Reactions: 12
People who are STILL falling for fake companies on Facebook being set up and doing too good to be true giveaways. A common favourite being "Mr Smith was unable to pick up his Range Rover today so we're giving it away!"
I saw one tonight where a fake Harvester account has been created and is allegedly giving away free meals. The amount of people who have commented sating that they have filled in all the details - aka giving all of their personal details to a load of scammers. There were even people saying how "tHEY aSkEd Me FoR LoAdS oF pErSoNaL dETaILs🥴" but still filled in the dodgy form!!! Honestly..

• Haha
Reactions: 31
There seems to be SO many 'is this cat lost' posts at the moment.

Now, I LOVE cats and I'm all here for reuniting cats and their owners.

But a cat so much as puts a paw in someone's garden and it's like "seen this cat in my garden, looks really healthy and happy, anyone missing it?!"

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Those chocolate heart things full of sweets - I’ve seen two videos today where the little hammer things aren’t even enough to smash into them!

Reactions: 14
The fact that everyone and their mother had started up their own “business”. First it was brownies, then it was resin bookmarks, then strawberries dipped in chocolate, now candles and those chocolate hearts. I’m all for doing what you want, but you have to be mega good to build up your own business in an oversaturated market

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The fact that everyone and their mother had started up their own “business”. First it was brownies, then it was resin bookmarks, then strawberries dipped in chocolate, now candles and those chocolate hearts. I’m all for doing what you want, but you have to be mega good to build up your own business in an oversaturated market
This one annoys me because dipping strawberries in chocolate, sticking them in a box and trying to charge people £10 for them isn’t really the same as “starting a small business”. I have a small beauty business myself and so much work went into starting it up - training, gaining qualifications, insurance, building a brand... not just trying to flog things on Facebook (nine times out of ten without following any of the hygiene/food standards stuff).

But if you question it, people just shout you down with SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESSES 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Also, do these people have hygiene certificates? I didn’t think you were allowed to sell foodstuffs from home without one? I suspect a lot of them don’t.

This morning’s annoyance - influencers who say “sneak peak”. It’s peek. PEEK! To peek is to look at something, a peak is the top of a bleeping mountain. Aaaaargh!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.