Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ejo27

Chatty Member
“My partner’s place” “my heart is in London” “I never thought I’d have to rent”
You’re not convincing me Barb.

Reactions: 16

coriander

VIP Member
I think she's nuts to sell a property in London when she has literally no ties to Portugal. Bizarre decision.

Reactions: 14

Ejo27

Chatty Member
I found the wording of “my partner decided to move to Lisbon” a bit jarring. Surely it’s a mutual decision they make together as a couple getting married?

Reactions: 14

TheGlossy

VIP Member
I honestly find it super odd for a man who just got engaged to decide to move across the contient ‘on his own’. I don’t see how yet marriage is going to work if they can’t even agree on where to live.

She confirmed in her comments that Fi is still operating at the moment, so she’s still committed to London.

Also, I’m wondering if it’s a case where her partner couldn’t afford to buy in London and decided to move. He lived in her apartment for some time and maybe wanted his independence but it’s still odd. Portugal in itself is also an odd choice as it financially doesn’t make sense for them to move there because the wages are so low.

It seem to me they’re not on the same wavelength and she’s pretending to be enthusiastic about this

Reactions: 13

Hasanah123

VIP Member
Its even strange that they were not ready to buy before he left for Portugal, that could have been her base between London and Portugal but instead shes going to be living out of a suitcase not only at her moms house but a friend of theirs place who said they could stay at his place, but it won't be her future husband staying between two places it will be Barbara

He's really messed up her living situation

Reactions: 13

d0llhouse

I think it was obvious that moving abroad was not primarily Barbara’s decision. Who was she fooling? Her ‘natural progression’ was to buy a family home in NW London, and she hates being in a long-distance relationship. The only surprise is she didn’t try to frame it as more of a joint decision.

Still hope it’s a positive change for her mental health.

Reactions: 11

Liptastic

VIP Member
Don't see anything sad about that, they had a discussion about it and wanted to get a ring she liked. My partner would suck at picking out a ring too, I'm glad she shopped for a ring she liked. Not all proposals are surprises, some of them are mutual decisions to make the next step in the relationship.

Reactions: 11

Ejo27

Chatty Member
I honestly don’t get the mystery around her move. She’s already sold her place and if she’s moved overseas, no one is going to come and stalk her. I think she only has a few handful followers left who are mostly UK based. It’s a bit bizarre all she’s doing is giving crumbs by showing half built furniture in her stories.
I think she loves attention. She’s always been like this, going back to early YT days. Every time she started dating someone new she would soft launch them for aaaaaaagees being all cryptic. If you really want to keep your private life private, stop posting about it online 😂

Reactions: 10

eenyweeny

Also her casually saying we like areas like Mill Hill and Queens Park for a house when houses in these areas are £1m+ !!
Yeh we ALL like areas like Mill Hill, but we face reality and buy wherever we can afford. Wouldn’t catch me selling up my flat to follow my fiancé on his pointless move to Lisbon….I assume it’s pointless as he doesn’t seem to be there for work. Hardly anyone in my family owns their property so I’ll never let myself come out of home ownership now that I’ve achieved it. He could’ve moved to get this out of his system and had her visit for extended weekends - she’s got her own business, she can tailor her work around her personal life. So much money being spent on all this new furniture for a big flat for a temporary arrangement. I think she made a mistake following him there and hope she’s been smart about investing her equity until she can buy a property again.

Reactions: 9

oookboomer

I think she seems like a nice person and I've always liked seeing the lovely relationship she has with her mum, plus she's proud of her cultural heritage which is nice when social media can feel quite... whitewashed in this regard sometimes (obviously depending on who you follow). I've noticed her falling out with a lot of girls and wondered at times if she is the common denominator there, but she seems sensitive (not a bad thing) and these things do happen especially in your twenties.

I do think she does a LOT of high street clothes shopping but YouTube lends itself to that doesn't it. If I had that disposable income for clothes I'd rather buy one Rixo dress or whatever but that doesn't work as well for videos, people want to see a selection what is in the shops. I really don't have much negative to say on her lol. I think fair play if she wants to do aesthetic treatments. The money / quality of life might be better if she builds a successful business (I can see followers going to her for treatments in the future) and if it doesn't work, she can always go back to pharmacy.

Ciemme25

Its even strange that they were not ready to buy before he left for Portugal, that could have been her base between London and Portugal but instead shes going to be living out of a suitcase not only at her moms house but a friend of theirs place who said they could stay at his place, but it won't be her future husband staying between two places it will be Barbara

He's really messed up her living situation
I would be so sad and disappointed if I was in her shoes. These are not great preconditions for a marriage....

icannoteven

VIP Member
Her whole move to portugal is free brand deals for her? To benefit him??
Furniture ads, real estate etc

I thought she was doing so well with buying her own flat and setting up her own clinic pursuing something she loves and studied so much for.
Leaving all that behind to follow him, wonder what are HER plans. 😒

JasmineFairy

Everything about this move is so strange. I respect her for not following the "predetermined" path, but it doesn't seem like she wanted to move to Lisbon at all? I feel like if she wanted to experience living in a different country, she would have chosen Italy.
I have moved country and I had been dreaming about it for YEARS AND YEARS. Even so, it was quite difficult, but my comforting thought was "I'm living my dream." I also spoke the language, which makes ALL the difference. I can't imagine going through the stress of moving country and being away from everything you know without the certainty that it was what you always wanted.
And she was so settled in London! Her own flat, her business.🧐 I'm honestly shocked.

szn-123

“My partner’s place” “my heart is in London” “I never thought I’d have to rent”
You’re not convincing me Barb.
Just watched the vlog and my heart goes out to her. If they do end up getting married I can’t see it lasting as they want different things. It came across like he made the decision and if she didn’t go along with it they would break up.
They clearly want different things, if her hearts in London then when it comes to it where will they raise their family if they do want one? I know we have only seen bits of the flat but it didn’t look alll that great esp compared to her last one. I maybe reading inbetween the lines too much I just feel awful for her situation right now

Ciemme25

I honestly find it super odd for a man who just got engaged to decide to move across the contient ‘on his own’. I don’t see how yet marriage is going to work if they can’t even agree on where to live.

She confirmed in her comments that Fi is still operating at the moment, so she’s still committed to London.

Also, I’m wondering if it’s a case where her partner couldn’t afford to buy in London and decided to move. He lived in her apartment for some time and maybe wanted his independence but it’s still odd. Portugal in itself is also an odd choice as it financially doesn’t make sense for them to move there because the wages are so low.

It seem to me they’re not on the same wavelength and she’s pretending to be enthusiastic about this
Same. It is such a weird timing and the move doesn't seem to be because of a job opportunity, she says "he liked the place and saw himself living in it". I feel like he wanted to move to Lisbon and didn't care about what she thought/feel. Maybe he wanted to do something for himself before getting married? I mean, even so it'd be so weird.
I feel like getting married is when you end long distance not when you start it for no reason at all. And it's not like a short distance within the UK, it's a 3hrs flight type of deal. It is such a weird situation.
I feel like she wants to be engaged and get married so much that she's now accepting whatever.

Reactions: 8

ImaLeoooo

VIP Member
the whole situation is so odd? I don't understand why she moved, why not let him move, (since it seems it was predominantly his desire to) and you keep your house and have a place to land if things go tits up out there. I'm so confused. I wouldn't sell my flat to live part time in another country but that's just me.. seems like we're only getting 1/3 of the story. I understand it's her private life but don't tell 1/3 of the story it's just baffling. I feel like we're missing so much of the important stuff that lead her to follow a man (albeit her future husband) to another country when she was so established in London.

ETA - does anyone know where her man is from? (where he was born) I mean, could it be a visa issue in the UK and so they've moved to Europe? I can't make sense of it any other way. I can't see her being happy living in a different country to her mum I won't lie.

Her guy was an ex med student, now is some sort of investment banker at Goldman Sachs, he is Iranian

She really is hinting at marriage with him, even mentioned talks of buying a place together
Smart lady. Lock him down early before he rolls into the big money.

• Haha

Hasanah123

VIP Member
She said in her latest reel he works from home, there really was no need for her to him but she keeps saying his place and when I'm visiting like dissoaciating herself from Portugal

They gave a strange relationship

What guys decided to live in a different country when he's getting married in a few months??!

Hasanah123

VIP Member
So she sold HER flat because HE wanted to move to Portugal - doesn't say why he wanted to move, and its HER who will be going back and forth between London and Portugal? Strange
---
A lot of people in her YT comments are shocked that he wanted to move, she followed, sold her flat to rent in a different country, at least they are being honest!