TheAutismCafe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone needs to explain to me how it's ok for Eileen to use her children who can't give consent? Wouldn't want to meet Hinch or Eileen down a dark alley personally. Can't stand Hinch but wouldn't make me be in the corner of those doing same awful things. Suppose not everyone has morals.

Reactions: 2
I've only come across TheAutismCafe due to the Mrs Hinch saga (so I don't know much about her) and I'm too scared to post on the Hinch thread because they seem to be hero worshipping her there. But a 10 second look at TheAutismCafe's insta page tells you a lot. That woman is clearly using her child for content (if not money and fame too). So many on the hinch thread saying how awful Hinch is for exploiting her family, and possibly ND child, and yet this woman is doing the same and you aren't even allowed to comment on that. I also suspect that she may be playing up to this drama as she sees that Hinch has 4.3 million followers and is hoping some might see her account and follow too. I don't think plagiarism is right and she should absolutely hold Hinch to account, but I feel this could go on a while to up her own engagement.

Reactions: 4
I disagree I think the silence and stigma in the autism community is deafening!!!
I love to see mums posting their children irrespective of their challenges, my son is 22 months and exaxtly like Ronnie to be honest!
the nhs have been next to useless due to long waiting lists ,private is an option but very expensive and I’ve been told it’s too early at the moment due to his age , so for me seeing a page which is empowering mums and children to fight the stigma , show empathy, but also the many many positives is great!!
all mummy bloggers including hinch lets Face it use their pages for revenue fame Whatever …that’s just the society we live in today but unlike hinch …Eileen doesn’t lie about her son , make him appear to do things when he can’t, manipulate her followers,the list is endless (read thread 500 on hinch 😂)
I think this was inevitable hinch was only going to get away with plagerism for so long before she met her match!!
and I for one am here for this showdown and throwing all my support behind Eileen !!!!!!!

Reactions: 1
Firstly, as I disclosed on the Hinch thread, I am autistic.

I have known of Eileen for quite a while as she’s been mentioned quite a few times in a FB group I belong to.

I totally disagree with her publicising her son’s difficulties, meltdowns etc and the fact that she’s obviously making money from advertising etc due to him being autistic.

He cannot consent to his every move being shared. It’s just wrong.

She is also in favour of ABA. If you ask many autistic people they will tell you how damaging ABA is, it doesn’t help us, it forces us to mask which causes us distress, exhaustion and complete overload. We are made to feel we’re not good enough as we are because we don’t fit the neurotypical ideal. But hey, as long as we act “normal” right?!

I know several people on the Hinch thread were annoyed that I said Hinch couldn’t have picked a worse bleep to plagiarise but I stand by my comment. Her “raising awareness” consists of exploiting her autistic son for personal gain.
Of course this is all just my opinion 😂

Reactions: 3
I disagree I think the silence and stigma in the autism community is deafening!!!
I love to see mums posting their children irrespective of their challenges, my son is 22 months and exaxtly like Ronnie to be honest!
the nhs have been next to useless due to long waiting lists ,private is an option but very expensive and I’ve been told it’s too early at the moment due to his age , so for me seeing a page which is empowering mums and children to fight the stigma , show empathy, but also the many many positives is great!!
all mummy bloggers including hinch lets Face it use their pages for revenue fame Whatever …that’s just the society we live in today but unlike hinch …Eileen doesn’t lie about her son , make him appear to do things when he can’t, manipulate her followers,the list is endless (read thread 500 on hinch 😂)
I think this was inevitable hinch was only going to get away with plagerism for so long before she met her match!!
and I for one am here for this showdown and throwing all my support behind Eileen !!!!!!!
If you look on Facebook there are many groups by autistic people for autistic people and their carers.
We traditionally haven’t been heard but slowly that’s beginning to change thank goodness.
Many “autism mom” groups act as if we are a tragedy, that our lives are less than because we happen to be neurodivergent.
I have always been happy to answer questions about autism, to correct some of the ableist misinformation that abounds. Most autistic people in the groups I’m in are the same.

Reactions: 1