Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

staceyrodgers

I just read all of Harry book spare and I say fair play to him talking about growing up in the BRF ..it about time he spoke out and as he said instead of hearing it from the gutter press he telling it in his own words so there now lies being told from the gutter press know we all know he been talk about in the press for years even when Megan came along so many rubbish headlines FairPlay to him wanting to keep his family safe and out of the headlines I know they said they wanted to live a quite lifestyle but with no income they have to make money so they saleing themselfs to the highest bitter to gain some money 💰 in his book he donating all his money to a charity I say FairPlay to him it about time woke up to the BRF and the PRESs

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 44

House of Tea

VIP Member
He is saying that he was born so that his organs could be used if William’s failed. Lucky that William has never needed his brain cells.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

50sGirl

VIP Member
W & K are constantly parading their kids for the cameras.
They seem quite happy to put them in the spotlight in return for good publicity. They certainly don’t have their kids interests at heart!
Constantly? Really? I don’t know where you’ve seen that. I certainly haven’t. Birthdays, Christmas, first day at school and a few public, family events. Hardly constantly parading imho.

Reactions: 31

hehehe

VIP Member
SOON AFTER THAT DAY, Willy and Kate invited me over to dinner. They knew something was going on with me and they wanted to find out what it was. I wasn’t sure I was ready to tell them. I wasn’t sure I wanted anyone else to know just yet. But then, as we sat around their TV room, both kids tucked into bed, the moment felt right. I casually mentioned that there was…a new woman in my life.
They surged forward. Who is she? I’ll tell you, but please, please, please, I need you both to keep it a secret. Yes, Harold, yes, yes—who is it? She’s an actress. Oh? She’s American. Oh. On a show called Suits.
Their mouths fell open. They turned to each other. Then Willy turned to me and said: Fuck off! What? No way. Sorry? Impossible! I was baffled, until Willy and Kate explained that they were regular—nay, religious—viewers of Suits. Great, I thought, laughing. I’ve been worrying about the wrong thing. All this time I’d thought Willy and Kate might not welcome Meg into the family, but now I had to worry about them hounding her for an autograph. They barraged me with questions. I told them a bit of how we’d met, told them about Botswana, told them about Waitrose, told them I was smitten, but overall what I told them was heavily redacted. I just didn’t want to give away too much. I also said I couldn’t wait for them to meet her, that I looked forward to the four of us spending lots of time together, and I confessed, for the umpteenth time, that this had long been my dream—to join them with an equal partner. To become a foursome. I’d said this to Willy so many times, and he’d always replied: It might not happen, Harold! And you’ve got to be OK with that. Well, now I felt that it was going to happen, and I told him so—but he still said to slow down. She’s an American actress after all, Harold. Anything might happen. I nodded, a bit hurt. Then hugged him and Kate and left.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex
Can you imagine if the Palace finally breaks their silence:

"The Prince and Princess of Wales strongly and strenuously deny having ever seen a single episode of Suits, and hereby refute any and all claims to the contrary as derogatory and unfair. There will be no further comment."

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Lammington

VIP Member
Can I just say I could do without hearing the word Mummy for a while? Jesus wept it's been given a workout.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

F1Grid

VIP Member
It was still so hard to think of Mummy in the realm of Death. Mummy, who’d danced with Travolta, who’d quarreled with Elton, who’d dazzled the Reagans—could she really be in the Great Beyond with the spirits of Newton and Chaucer? Between these thoughts of Mummy and death and my frostnipped penis, I was in danger of becoming as anxious as the groom.

My penis was oscillating between extremely sensitive and borderline traumatized. The last place I wanted to be was Frostnipistan. I’d been trying some home remedies, including one recommended by a friend. She’d urged me to apply Elizabeth Arden cream. My mum used that on her lips. You want me to put that on my todger? It works, Harry. Trust me. I found a tube, and the minute I opened it the smell transported me through time. I felt as if my mother was right there in the room. Then I took a smidge and applied it…down there. “Weird” doesn’t really do the feeling justice.
The flip from 'mummy' to cock and back again is so rapid that my head is spinning. Freud may have had a point.

• Haha
  • Wow

coconochanel

VIP Member
So basically the book is the press, horrible Willy, the press, beautiful Meghan, mummy, Meghan my saviour, the press, mummy, horrible Willy, nasty Kate, the press, the press, mummy, the press.

• Haha

travelbug20

I sucummed on Tuesday and bought the book, was walking past Waterstones and my Mum wanted to read it so figured I could hand it over when I was done.

Anyway... my one take is that I'm glad I've read it for myself as so many of the headlines are so misleading (and thus just proving Harry's point). He doesn't say William is circumcised, just that he is. The whole "maybe I'm not your father" joke from Charles was nothing at all to do with Hewitt and made because that day Charles had met a man claiming to be the "real" prince of wales.

His inability to take anything that William does as being done in anything other than jealousy was astounding. William wasn't happy about him going to Afghanistan, Harry presumes it's because he was jealous. How many siblings would be happy about that? Of course he couldn't concede that maybe William was worried about his safety.

William invites Harry to live with him when they're training as pilots but Harry adds "or did I invite myself I can't remember" ... he can't bare to make William look good in any light.

He claims Will and Kate never invited him round to theirs but then details telling them about Meghan "after we'd had dinner at theirs, the kids were tucked up in bed and we were in the TV room" so they DID invite him round??

Then there's the fact that the bridesmaid dispute happened over text and "some time later" Harry found Meghan in tears. Did those tears even have anything to do with Kate? And how did she know Meghan had cried in order to come round the next day with flowers if she wasn't even there?

Harry also talks about Meghan getting "mobbed" when she walked to Whole Foods on Kensington High Street (remember the famous shots of her in wellies at KP's main entrance?) apparently the private entrance was blocked by "a parade or something" so she had to use the main one and got spotted. I thought it was interesting that he included this as it's been an online rumour for some time that she walked around Kensington High Street wanting to get seen ... Harry makes no mention of this rumour in his book but part of me thinks they are well aware of it (maybe it's even true) so he included this tale to refute it.

And that my tattle friends is my review that you never asked for! Ha

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Still, despite the mounting stress, the terrible pressure, we managed to protect our essential bond, never snapping at each other during those few days. As we came to the final hours of her visit, we were solid, happy, and Meg announced she wanted to make me a special goodbye lunch. There was nothing in my fridge, as usual. But there was a Whole Foods down the street. I gave her directions, the safest route, past the Palace guards, turn right, towards Kensington Palace Gardens, down to Kensington High Street, there’s a police barrier, take a right and you’ll see Whole Foods. It’s massive, you can’t miss it. I had an engagement but I’d be home soon.
Baseball cap, jacket, head down, side gate. You’ll be fine, I promise.
Two hours later, when I got home, I found her inconsolable. Sobbing. Shaking. What is it? What’s happened? She could barely get the story out.
She’d dressed just as I’d advised, and she’d run happily, anonymously, up and down the supermarket aisles. But as she rode the escalator a man approached. Excuse me, do you know where the exit is? Oh, yes, I think it’s just up here to the left. Hey! You’re on that program—Suits, am I right? My wife loves you. Oh. That’s so nice! Thanks. What’s your name? Jeff. Nice to meet you, Jeff. Please tell her I said thanks for watching. I will. Can I get a picture…you know, for my mum? Thought you said it was your wife. Oh. Yeah. Heh. Sorry, I’m just grocery shopping today. His face changed. Well, even if I can’t take a picture WITH you…that doesn’t stop me taking pictures OF you! He whipped out his phone and followed her to the deli counter, snapping away while she looked at the turkey. F the turkey, she thought, hurrying to the checkouts. He followed her there too. She got into the queue. Before her were rows and rows of magazines and newspapers, and on all of them, under the most shocking and disgusting headlines…was her. The other customers noticed as well. They looked at the magazines, looked at her, and now they too pulled out their phones, like zombies. Meg caught two cashiers sharing a horrible smile. After paying for her groceries, she walked outside, straight into a group of four men with their iPhones aimed at her. She kept her head down, rushed up Kensington High Street. She was nearly home when a horse-drawn carriage came rolling out of Kensington Palace Gardens. Some sort of parade: the Palace gate was blocked. She was forced back along the main road, where the four men picked up the scent again, and chased her all the way to the main gate, screaming her name. When she finally got inside Nott Cott, she’d phoned her best girlfriends, each of whom asked: Is he worth this, Meg? Is anyone worth this? I put my arms around her, said I was sorry. So sorry. We just held each other, until I slowly became aware of the most delicious smells. I looked around. Hang on. You mean…after all that…you still made lunch? I wanted to feed you before I left.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.
I'm rolling with laughter at several things.
1) the ongoing implication that every single person she interacts with is a big fan of Suits and can recognize her from it when I for one had never even heard of Suits before she married Harry
2) "Well, even if I can’t take a picture WITH you…that doesn’t stop me taking pictures OF you!" it sounds like what a villain from a kids' movie might say.
3) The whole scene is so over the top. It sounds something out of The Truman Show with everyone chasing her and she gets to the newspaper aisle and there's her face everywhere and she gets her way blocked by a parade

• Haha
Reactions: 27

w8g

VIP Member
She sent out handwritten thank-you notes, checked on staff who were ill, sent baskets of food or flowers or goodies to anyone struggling, depressed, off sick.
Having actually worked with her professionally in 2012, I can say she was not this person. Definitely not in 2012. Maybe she became a better person after she met Harry *cough cough*

• Wow
  • Haha

bahama-mama

Chatty Member
I just don't find any of his stories as traumatizing as he has found him. In all of his interviews, he's constantly referencing how sh*tty it's been "over the last 6 years" which means while he's been with Meghan. Does he not see any correlation here? Outside of Diana's death - which William also had to deal with - Harry has had a rather lovely upbringing with an immense amount of privilege. He wants to go on and on about rumored comments his father made after his birth or

He's done another interview in the Telegraph today. Apparently he didn't reveal all in the book. It was 800 pages and had to be cut to 400. Didn't include some info on William and Charles because they'd never talk to him again if he revealed it. He's trying to save the monarchy from itself and change things for William's children by doing what he's doing. William told him his kids aren't Harry's responsibility but Harry's a fixer and likes to fix things. Also said the media has a tonne of dirt on his family that they haven't published! In 5 or 10 years the RF will thank him for talking about his trauma.
The only source of income for Harry and Meghan is talking about his family. TRF could probably sue them for blackmail because that is exactly what they did when they were trying to negotiate staying on the payroll, keeping security, etc. Do as we say or we'll air it all. TRF told them to sod off, knowing these headlines only last so long and here we are. But they won't ever stop. Their expenses are high. They need additional $ coming in.

How he thinks he's helping by exposing all of this trivial stuff is the true narcissist coming out. TRF is dysfunctional as is Meghan's family. This is where William struck gold. Kate comes from a family who clearly prioritizes family. The children are close with one another, they've close with their parents to the point of Kate making sure she, William and the kids spend holidays with her family - a coup in TRF. For Harry to try to drag Kate when she's the only person who has brought some level of stability to his life and TRF would be the line for me. If I was William, I'd never speak to Harry again.

• Heart

Mark81

VIP Member
Am I missing something, do meghan and harry have an official amazon account, and have left a review of their own book?

Screenshot_20230110_162111_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow

Mark81

VIP Member
They seem quite happy to put them in the spotlight in return for good publicity. They certainly don’t have their kids interests at heart!
I disagree on that. Up until the last year there has only been the official birthday photos. And now they are starting to gradually get them used to public events, ready for their future roles which id say is a good thing rather than just drop them in it later. And I think this year was unique as there were so many big royal events. Aside the coronation there now isn't any big royal events for years to come.

w8g

VIP Member
I respectfully disagree. I do think as the future monarch, w+k have a certain commitment for the kids to appear in public especially for George. I think they are great parents and will do what they can to protect their kids.
That’s just my personal opinion :)

• Heart
Reactions: 26

F1Grid

VIP Member
Harry's trying to justify printing 400 pages of vitriol against his brother. "I didn't write the worst things I could" "I'm trying to save his children" "William needs therapy" Oh fuck off you jumped up ginger twat. You've called him a penis throughout the entire book.

Thankfully, Charlotte and Louis will have no relationship with this sour, bitter man.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

50sGirl

VIP Member
Extraordinary reaction to a doormat which was most likely a joke present. My mother delighted in searching out the tackiest gifts she could find for her brother (an earl). Nasty mugs with 'His Lordship'? Yes please! Gardening gloves for her sister in law with 'Her Ladyship' on the cuffs? You bet! All used and giggled at. Past Times, before its demise was a treasure trove of such things.
Except Meghan uses it on all her correspondence. Actions speak louder than words. Uses a cipher relating to a family she abhors. 🙄 THAT I find extraordinary!

House of Tea

VIP Member
Their kids being the operative word, theirs. Not his. Imagine if w and K started talking about their fears that his kids are isolated and cut off from the rest of the family.

F1Grid

VIP Member
Their mouths fell open. They turned to each other. Then Willy turned to me and said: Fuck off! What? No way. Sorry? Impossible! I was baffled, until Willy and Kate explained that they were regular—nay, religious—viewers of Suits.
Not sure what's funnier. Mummy scented cock cream or Will and Kate being the only religious viewers of Suits on God's green earth.

• Haha
Reactions: 24