The Drop Out (Disney +)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In a tale of ambition and fame gone terribly wrong, Elizabeth Holmes develops healthcare technology that puts millions of patients at risk and loses everything in the blink of an eye.

Amanda Seyfried deserves an Oscar for her performance!!!

Reactions: 2
Just finished this! It was amazing. I just googled Elizabeth and wow, Amanda plays her so well!

I just cannot believe how long she kept this up for, and how many people she fooled! I mean they gave her MILLIONS and hadn’t even seen a working machine, it’s ludicrous!!!!!!

Reactions: 1
Such a good show, if I’m honest I didn’t pay too much attention to the Theranos noise when it happened. After I watched this I had to find out more and loved this Ted talk by Erika Cheung

Just finished this! It was amazing. I just googled Elizabeth and wow, Amanda plays her so well!

I just cannot believe how long she kept this up for, and how many people she fooled! I mean they gave her MILLIONS and hadn’t even seen a working machine, it’s ludicrous!!!!!!
What struck me was how when anyone dared to challenge Elizabeth, she would say it was a personal attack. I’ve actually seen this play out at work - charismatic leader gets challenged by some of the little people when the necessary detail fails to show up and they cannot conceal their insecurity :rolleyes:

Nearly finished this and have really enjoyed it. Wasn’t sure if I could get past Amanda’s ‘Elizabeth voice’ in the beginning as I found it really distracting/cringe but it kind of eased off…or I stopped noticing it so much. Glad to see she got an Emmy for it. Not AS’s biggest fan but she’s done a good job here!

Reactions: 1