Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Peach97

VIP Member
Eh ??? women have been winning at the Brits for decades
It’s so much harder for women to win. Little mix are the FIRST girl group to win tonight. Women are expected to put on full on performances with dancing and fantastic outfits all the time. Yet Ed Sheeran can go on stage in a pair of jeans and a stained top, stand in the middle of the stage doing nothing and sing and be applauded. If a woman did that, she’d be criticised so so much. Let’s not pretend the music industry isn’t dominated by white males in front and behind the scenes. Also, there’s a more diversity of the type of women winning, not just white women.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Hurles762

Maya Jama praising key workers as if she hasn’t been breaking lockdown all year and jetting off to Dubai etc 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 32

hol20x

VIP Member
Very happy for Little Mix. 10 years in the industry and finally getting the recognition they deserve.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Taylor Swift complaining in her speech how she cannot hug Maisie Williams due to social distancing. Also Taylor Swift....

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Peach97

VIP Member
that is the way ed sheeran performs and feels comfortable, he writes the songs , i very much doubt little mix have written their songs, maybe hand a hand in one or two, for every little mix there are people like Annie Lennox who has never been told what to wear and dance , all this nonsense is there to create hassle, Beyonce wears what she likes as she has all the power , she wears skimpy outfits and dances , she isnt told to do that, its looking for things that arent there and i'm sick of it . especially on what should be a pop show.

If this was 1970 i would gladly praise her for speaking out
Little Mix are known for writing a lot of their own songs. If you don’t think that there isn’t sexism in the music industry, then I’m really not going to sit and argue with you because I can see it’s very clearly you’re adamant it doesn’t exist. Just because sexism doesn’t exist in the same way it did in the 1970s, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

coconochanel

VIP Member
God what a borefest, its not like it used to be. Can you remember when the Spice Girls picked up an award and Mel C said 'Liam come and have a go if you think your hard enough' ahh those were the days.:love:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

Yel

Chatty Member
Glad it's not just me feeling old, only know one of these best males from watching Geordie shore 10 years ago 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Have they ticked all the appropriate woke boxes then.

if your white or you were born straight/female should you hang your head in shame throughout the show. 🤐

Removing the names of the well known established artists,
I think I know one name on that list, but it was probably a typo I made that I’m remembering.

Reactions: 11

TripleC's

Chatty Member
This is legitimately my scraped back, working from home hairstyle where I’ve dragged myself out of bed at 8.55. Could she not have run a brush through her hair?
She looks like she has won a competition in smash hits magazine to meet and have a photo taken with Taylor Swift , before getting treated to a McDonald's happy meal then early to bed its school in the morning 😁😁

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Cor this thread isn’t what I thought it’d be at all 🤣
its about as funny and entertaining as Jack Whitehall atm 🤐
Back in my day people enjoyed entertainment shows on sofas not soap boxes 🙈 sorry.....
I’ll grab my tea and go watch the bingo, women regularly win at the bingo, but Bertie from number 22 is a lying cheat so he always goes home with a least a tub of weathers originals. 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 9

BelleAmie

VIP Member
God what a borefest, its not like it used to be. Can you remember when the Spice Girls picked up an award and Mel C said 'Liam come and have a go if you think your hard enough' ahh those were the days.:love:
I judge every year of the Brits against that year!

• Haha
  • Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
There to watch his baby girl perform.

More I see women dressed like this to perform the more I feel like a Mary Whitehouse character. It’s all a bit vulgar (Christ I’ve turned into my mother 😂)

Taylor Swift complaining in her speech how she cannot hug Maisie Williams due to social distancing. Also Taylor Swift....

Is that Maisie Williams? Why does she have a teeny statuette? Why does she look like a waif that Taylor has just adopted?

• Haha

rainonme

Chatty Member
The audience are so boring, absolute respect to the key workers there but blimey first live event in over a year I’d never sit down!

Reactions: 8