The Boys (Amazon Prime)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Searched for a thread, but couldn't find one.

Anyone else watching it? We're just catching up on the newest series.

Reactions: 1
I had to give up on this because I couldn’t stand the dreadful cockney accent one of the actors was doing. Literally distracted me in every scene. Shame because I did quite enjoy the show. It just baffles me how they cast some of these people

• Haha
I LOVE it but the comment above about Billy’s accent made me lol. I genuinely don’t think I like any of the characters, they’re all such awful people. You know things are bad when I’m rooting for The Deep 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I love it and I hate loving it :ROFLMAO: so many uncomfortable gross scenes but the acting and concept is just so good.

Reactions: 3
Me, in series three: that's Luca? And Nate Bloody Archibald? Such good acting. Except for *that* accent, but nobody's perfect I suppose.

Reactions: 3
I watched S1E1 and found it boring. Read enough about it to give it another go and binged the lot this last week. Love that there is at least one serious laugh-out-loud line, and another laugh/squirm-out-loud act of imaginative ultra-violence per episode.

Every bad thing in my life is now “diabolical”, and all I want for Xmas is a baby with laser eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I find Butcher's accent sooo funny lol, especially because they cast Simon Pegg to play Hughie's dad (in the comics, which are tit, the artist used Simon Pegg as the base design for Hughie [without permission], hoping SP might play him in a live adaptation - but he got too old for the role). It's not like they couldn't get any British people

I find it especially funny because they get all his family to do the exact same crappy accent. In the comics (again, not worth reading IMO, pretty vile in a lot of ways), the guy writes the accents into the dialogue and they read terribly. I appreciate them sticking to their guns on it and will cut it some slack because it's quite clever in a lot of other ways. I thought early S3 was a bit too much though, like too much grossness just for the sake of it

Actually, à hopefully amusing moan.

I think I now have some understanding of what Game of Thrones and most similar shows are like for women.

Nudity ratings / warnings galore, but not so much as a hint of tit/nip/fanny until S3E7. Meanwhile, wang galore. Fucks sake, we even saw *inside* a penis before a naked lady popped up.

i demand equality of nudity in The Boys.

• Haha
Binging from the start again...its so off the wall I can't help but laugh and some of the one liners are hilarious.