Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

frustrated

I'm midway through season two on Netflix and am really enjoying it. Sutton is by far the best character IMO, love her little asides. It is such a glossy, stylised look at the media industry but I think that's why I like it. It's all shiny and bright and nice escapism.

Reactions: 9

yankydoo

Chatty Member
Have been binging this. I’m on season 4 now and don’t want it to end. Love Sutton too. It’s all quite far fetched... working in a magazine and being so successful so young, hardly ever putting a foot wrong and everyone being so nice. But love it so so much. Great escapism and I love how they cover serious issues like Janes health.

I find Kat a bit annoying.

Reactions: 6

Gossgirl12

Chatty Member
I absolutely love this. Started it yesterday and binge watched season 1, ended up going to sleep at 3am. Started season 2 tonight & I find it really light hearted and girly. Gives me sex and the city vibes. I cried my eyes out in season 1 when Jacqueline took the weights off the rape victim. So happy to hear there's a season 5 :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I tried watching this and found it very.....wokey? And I say this as a fairly woke person, lolz.

Also the head boss is not realistic at all. My first boss was very much micromanagement/leave me alone vibes. I feel it's setting up unrealistic expectations for the workplace 🤣

Reactions: 4

Jas119

Yes I love this show! Started watching it a few years ago on Amazon Prime but they never picked up season 4. So pleased it’s now on Netflix. I have just finished Season 4, sad it’s over. Sutton is my favourite.

Reactions: 2

Imonlyme

Chatty Member
First watched this show a few years ago on Prime. Now re-watching and catching up on Netflix.

Wasn't too keen First time around as Kat really annoyed me. But decided to give it another go and yet, again, Kat annoys the hell out of me. She comes across as very selfish and egotistical. Everything has to be about her and her problems are so much worse and more important than her friends issues.

Still watching though.

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
I liked it until the last season but I just disliked Jane and Kat towards the end, very selfish, poor decision makers. Still like Sutton, she seems much more fleshed out as a person. Shame on Richards behaviour at the end-she went though a terrible ordeal, she is allowed to change her mind. He absolutely should have discussed it with her before they got married, and then he just left.
I've never really liked Jane at all, I just can't put my finger on it as to why..?

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I wanted to like it, I got maybe 6 episodes in and realised I’m far too old. 😐

maybe 10 years ago at a push 😂 but it’s so different by these type of shows “back in my day”
And I can’t stand the virtue signaling behind every damn episode 🙄

• Haha

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I wanted to like it, I got maybe 6 episodes in and realised I’m far too old. 😐

maybe 10 years ago at a push 😂 but it’s so different by these type of shows “back in my day”
And I can’t stand the virtue signaling behind every damn episode 🙄
If you thought the virtue signalling was bad in the first 4 episodes was bad you had a lucky escape...it gets soooo much worse 🤣

• Haha

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
Has anyone else watched this on Netflix? There's about 4 seasons of it.

Really can't warm to Jane for some reason but I love Sutton and Kat.

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Very late to this one, but I've just finished S1 on the iPlayer. It's probably a very idealised portrayal of what it's like to work at a women's magazine, but it's an enjoyable bit of fluff. It kind of reminds me of Emily in Paris, but not quite as shallow :LOL:
I was trying to think where I'd seen the actress who plays Sutton before, then realised she's Daphne in The White Lotus S2, she looks so different now.

Attachments

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
They really don't make it like One Tree Hill anymore, what a show
meh, kids nowadays are taking our shows and making them their own.
Fuck off and go watch the 2021 version of “consensual sex in the commute/WFH suburb or city with a male or female or none binary person of any race”

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Cocoflowers

VIP Member
I watched all this in the 2nd lockdown i love it season 1-3 season 4 im still not keen on ive seen spoilers for that last season and im annoyed with how they have ended it!

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
I have started watching this and am currently on season 2. Wasn’t sure I was going to like it, but it’s easy to watch and will probably see it through.

Rahrah

I liked it until the last season but I just disliked Jane and Kat towards the end, very selfish, poor decision makers. Still like Sutton, she seems much more fleshed out as a person. Shame on Richards behaviour at the end-she went though a terrible ordeal, she is allowed to change her mind. He absolutely should have discussed it with her before they got married, and then he just left.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
If you thought the virtue signalling was bad in the first 4 episodes was bad you had a lucky escape...it gets soooo much worse 🤣
It’s just too much, I miss entertainment for entertainment sake, I don’t need to be thought about society and social injustice and sexual freedom and fucking fucking reading my woke quota for the day when I really JUST want Payton to get drunk and bang Lucas and get pregnant…deal with the ridicule and consequences…or whatever
The good old days.

• Haha
I love this show! Just started season 2, Sutton is my fav character and I love her and Richard. However I find the guy who plays Richard a terrible actor.. anyone else?!

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I was a bit disappointed with the ending!

I thought they tied everything up in a typical 'rom com' happy clappy type way and I was actually really hoping they wouldn't with this show? Kat becoming EIC was a ridiculous decision given that she was basically fired for being unprofessional. I also really thought that Sutton and Richard were going to bang then still get divorced which would've been really refreshing? That whole storyline feels so rushed to me...on the one hand, I can't imagine that they didn't discuss having children before getting married. But also, it feels a bit 'too little too late' to decide oh yeah, actually you DO care more about your wife who is RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW than a hypothetical child you might have in the future on day...so I wasn't mad on that. The Jane leaving to go travel thing was a bit meh and they didn't really tie off her love trianglular thing (not sure why they brought the ex back just for one minute? Then he wasn't seen again?) I dunno. I really loved this show but the ending just seemed rushed and as if they ran out of steam.