Tena Pad advertising etc

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wondered what people's thoughts etc were on this?
A friend posted on Facebook last night about it, and asked if products like this, should be advertised the way these were, this particular advert of a lady on the loo.

Personally, I don't really think there's any real harm in it, lot worse advertising over the years 😑

Reactions: 1
I don't have a problem with them being advertised. But I don't like how they're normalising bladder problems.

Reactions: 7
They make them look like you have to be 50+ to buy them.

After I had a baby I saw the bladder and bowel team and they were useless. They just tell you to keep up the pelvic floors. I was probably about 20 at the time so wouldn’t have hopped along and bought these off the back of a retired woman swirling around on an advert.

Reactions: 4
I don't have a problem with them being advertised. But I don't like how they're normalising bladder problems.
Not just normalising but laughing about how funny those 'leaks' are.
I feel like these adverts were made by 20 year old male advertising guys, with no idea or interest in actual woman's bodies.
So nothing new there.

Reactions: 9
Are bladder problems not ' normal' ?
I'm sure it's quite common to have occasional leaks in certain circumstances, like coughing.

Reactions: 2
Are bladder problems not ' normal' ?
I'm sure it's quite common to have occasional leaks in certain circumstances, like coughing.
Of course.

However one of the tena adverts has a woman laughingly tell her friend that she can't possibly step out of the house because of her bladder issues. That's neither normal or amusing.

She actually makes it sounds like constantly pissing yourself is just to be expected once a woman hits the menopause. And that's so hilarious to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's good that products like Tena can now be bought easily, instead of being something you have to ask for in a chemist.

Like the posters above, I don't like the normalisation of women's bladder problems. It's a medical issue, not something that's an inevitable part of being a woman over a certain age. "Pee pants" are useful for managing these problems, but they shouldn't be a long-term solution.

Reactions: 3
Bladder problems are not normal. They’re absolutely common, but not normal. If you are having issues do see a physio and get support. Pelvic floor exercises do help with involuntary leaks the stronger those muscles are the less likely you are to leak. Pilates is a great help too. Women are expected to tolerate these issues and see them as normal but they aren’t normal they’ve just become normalised. Don’t suffer!

Reactions: 8
Tena men advertising is a lot bloody worse.

I'm of an age where I shouldn't need such things... but alas medical issues have decided otherwise and its just more advisable to have a level of protection no matter how small and discrete.

The advertising is hellish - its all Just For Men'd up 50 somethings cavorting in Tena undercrackers that are £25 a pop. Then the actual pads are advertised via FB ads, with the offer of free discreetly posted samples complete with money off vouchers for you to skip into Tesco/Asda or Sainsburys for 50p or a few quid off - like they get many of them redeemed!!

I get mine in bulk via Amazon as they are the cheapest about, they carry the ones I use - supermarkets don't as a rule.

There was major kerfuffle last year as Amazon/3rd party sellers - offering discreet packaging were just sending them out in the cardboard boxes with Tena on in 4 inch high writing up the side. They now wrap them in black shrinkwrap. I can imagine some blokes getting the major hump - our delivery guys know us and think its my mate from up North taking the piss as we often prank send each other funny stuff, dodgily packed.

Reactions: 3
Incontinence can also be part of UTIs, which can affect lots of other unrelated parts of your body and even make you act like you've got dementia. My auntie just got a bladder infection sorted and she's stopped panicking she's losing her marbles. Encouraging women to carry on and just use pads means things like this can be missed.

Reactions: 4