Taylor Swift - Not a rave thread! No emotional hangovers and friendship bracelets here!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trying to set up an antidote for the absolute bat shittery loads of nonsense that is sweeping the nation this month.

The OG mean girl with the mediocre voice is coming to the UK

Mod edit: if this thread carries on being a thread just to witch about another thread it will be closed. Mods don't have time to be dealing with reports every 5 mins from threads at war with each other

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
The press during this UK tour will be insufferable! Enough already.

Reactions: 6
I like some of her music and admire her work ethic but otherwise I've found her absolutely insufferable since she split with Joe Alwyn and don't find her a genuine person at all.

Her fanbase bleeping terrify me, in all honesty. I'm 40 so felt I'd seen it all when it came to stanning and superfans, etc but I have never seen a collective as disturbingly unhinged as Swifites. There will be the ones that are fine, of course, but overall they scare me a lot and I wonder about why they are so extreme.

The way the media is over TS is also completely crazed but at least I can understand it from a business pov, her name makes them money. Still, I feel more than a few journos will need to change their underwear once her gigs here kick off.

Reactions: 18
You’ve got to admire her - she’s mastered the art of capitalising on parasocial relationships and rinsing her fans for every penny they have!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I agree, I do like some of her songs and she puts on a good show. But so do lots of other people. I feel like she could take over the world if she set her army of fans on the case.

Reactions: 1
I find the hero worship of someone incredibly mediocre very strange. I also find the way she releases albums totally off. Here, buy this one! Okay now buy an extended edition! And now buy a vinyl version in several colours. I get that she’s not the first and she won’t be the last, but don’t pretend to be such a decent person and then utterly fleece your fans

Reactions: 39
Personally I think idolising anyone is not good for you. Tattle is all about commentating and being critical of influencers/celebrities and Taylor Swift is probably the most prominent example currently of having a fanbase with an unhealthy obsession, which she profits from.

You should absolutely enjoy the music you like, I even like a few of her songs, but it’s important to have boundaries. My friends talk about Taylor like they know her personally and it’s honestly just strange. This has happened for decades so I know it’s nothing new, but social media has definitely ramped up the intensity of fanbases.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I live in Edinburgh 😞 popped into town at lunchtime and I don’t know how I managed to forget about Tay Tay but the town was rammed. I spent 5 minutes in primark and decided to go home - there is only so much sequins that one woman can take - and that’s not a reference to Primark’s stock.
in saying that I hope they have a nice time.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I imagine the queues outside of the arenas must look similar to stormtroopers marching along, just an army of clones.

Are you still a Taylor Swift fan if you don’t wear sequins? Will they stop you at the door? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Omgggg thank you for this thread!! (I find it annoying that the actual Taylor Swift thread isn't in the "Rave" topic but I'll try and refrain from banging on about it....)

Like others, I don't dislike her music (or like it), and I totally understand what it's like as a fan of a musician to see them live and be part of a "community" - I particularly like that they make each other bracelets! But I just cannot for the life of me understand why this woman has made it so big??? Her voice is average at best, all her songs are distinctly mid, she can't dance and just pumps out albums for the sake of it.

So many artists pour their heart and souls into their work and show up every night on tour to sing live and hit huge notes, and Taylor's just....there? I've seen videos of her with thousands of fans fawning over her "stage presence" when all she does is take a dramatic step and turn her head and mic to the side lmao 😂 Tell me I'm not the only one who's seen this??

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I imagine the queues outside of the arenas must look similar to stormtroopers marching along, just an army of clones.

Are you still a Taylor Swift fan if you don’t wear sequins? Will they stop you at the door? 🤔
I think it depends which Era you are dressing from?

Omgggg thank you for this thread!! (I find it annoying that the actual Taylor Swift thread isn't in the "Rave" topic but I'll try and refrain from banging on about it....)

Like others, I don't dislike her music (or like it), and I totally understand what it's like as a fan of a musician to see them live and be part of a "community" - I particularly like that they make each other bracelets! But I just cannot for the life of me understand why this woman has made it so big??? Her voice is average at best, all her songs are distinctly mid, she can't dance and just pumps out albums for the sake of it.

So many artists pour their heart and souls into their work and show up every night on tour to sing live and hit huge notes, and Taylor's just....there? I've seen videos of her with thousands of fans fawning over her "stage presence" when all she does is take a dramatic step and turn her head and mic to the side lmao 😂 Tell me I'm not the only one who's seen this??
I saw a clip where they were gushing over how she apparently dealt with a bandage or something coming loose on stage - I watched it and didn't see anything other than a slight arm movement that could have been a dance move.

My old mum had never heard her singing before but she was on something on TV a few weeks back that she saw, later on she said to me, "cor, that Taylor Swift is nothing special is she?".

Also not strictly limited to Taylor Swift, but every performer these days: can people not hear when a live performance has been fiddled with to sound better? If a singer/band releases a concert on streaming service, YT or DVD etc it's been enhanced and improved. But these fans are like "OMG her/his voice, voice of an angel, so perfect *swoon*.
They'll be disappointed when they actually attend a concert.

Back to TS, I like that meme where there's a picture of her on stage and someone has written it looks like she's farting into the microphone.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
You’ve got to admire her - she’s mastered the art of capitalising on parasocial relationships and rinsing her fans for every penny they have!
You know it’s enough, when even Pottery makers are trying to cash in.

IMG_6098.jpeg

---
My brother won a Lidl T shirt.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Mass hysteria as she arrives on stage in Edinburgh - all I can think is what the hell is going on in her armpits?

IMG_6540.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Daily Mail acting like Taylor taking the stage in Scotland is the second coming of Jesus, LMAO.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I just find her really concerning. There’s a woman on YouTube who discusses Taylor and has outed her for what she is, a bully. The fact she went for dinner with all her friends and then they decided to all unfollow Joe at the same time. She’s 34, not 15, she needs to grow up.

I think Joe’s silence speaks volumes and the difference in maturity. Also the nonsense and scathing at Scooter Braun when Taylor’s dad was an owner of the record company and would’ve had to have agreed to sell them to Scooter. Taylor was never blindsided. Her obsession with revenge is so unhealthy.
---
She takes revenge on anyone that comes her way or gets in her way but will happily play the victim.
Katy Perry- apparently stole Taylor’s dancers for a tour so she wrote a song about her, invited all her mean girl friends into the video, dropped hints it was about Katy so her minions sent death threats.
Joe Jonas- He split up with her, it wasn’t nice, but 15 years later she meddles into her ex’s divorce by offering his (millionaire who can afford her own) ex wife Sophie Turner a place to stay and is constantly pictured with her.

Just horrid.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Sorry but not a fan, her music isn't as great as it's made out to be, her fans are mentally deranged an need some serious therapy with how they idolise her, like am all for people liking who they want but hers are mentally unwell, the passing out at concerts, selling practically everything they own for a ticket for 3 hours, the nasty toxic tit they spew if you dare say you don't like her, they even turn on each other, if one were to say they loved 99% of her songs but didn't like just one they get torn apart, it's unhealthy an then sad fact is its grown adults that are the worst

I also agree that's she's nothing but nasty, she tried to make out that she was this innocent naive girl that took naturally to the guitar but in reality she come from wealth, had guitar lessons an was the stereotypical mean girl with her little gang at school that picked on others

God help all of yous that live in Edinburgh because am a few miles outside it an I can see the chaos, radio stations would be as well just calling themselves the swift station now as well

Ok my rant is over 😅 she's just annoying me now cause Scotland has gone to tit over this tour

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19