Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Again, it’s in the title,
but I’m not sure how well it would work when it comes to choosing a book that most have access to, monthly or bi monthly, what genre is most popular etc.

there’s a real community growing on tattle and it would be good to see if that can include something more than influencer drama!

• Heart
Reactions: 72

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I'd love to get involved in a thread like this.
in 2019 I read so many books but 2020, not so much 😐
I also like the idea of having a little area here that doesn’t include bitching about some QVC bint making a fortune from selling us washing powder or perfume 😂

so I thought if we could get something started in January it might be fun!!

I should check with the wizard running OZ @Helen 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Sounds grand that, @Yel
It's the first of a trilogy....
Wiling to put forward option 1

mainly because it’s 99 cent on both kindle and iBooks, and so everyone can be included (it might be a good idea to make our first book accessible to most 🤷‍♀️)

its set around new year, reviews look good enough,
and it’s VERY easy reading by the looks of it, so might be a good one to start ease into January with?

(Not suggesting all books should be chick lit, don’t judge me 😂)

we have 4/5 days to come up with more suggestions anyway. So please do suggest any you can think of (or slate this one if you’ve read it)

Amazon product

or even give the “club“ an idea of what you have read and enjoyed in the past 🙂

also I’m not taking control of this (it looks that way I’m sure 😂) just starting it off 🥳
My thoughts for what they are worth....
*Book a month
*While we read one book we suggest the next book (with price) and that list is limited to 10 (max options allowed in the poll).
*Set up new thread for the next month called "(February /March etc) Book" with the poll suggestions
*Have a few days to vote then start reading the top voted book
Would that work?
I've been doing polls on Lydia Millen thread so set them up but tbh it's easy.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

petitspois

VIP Member
Well I started the book this morning and have just finished. That’s not a brag about how fast a reader I am it’s testament to how much time I used to spend on my phone. I didn’t have much to do today so read instead of scrolled - this is a real lesson for me to put my bloody phone down...

Reactions: 19

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Wiling to put forward option 1

mainly because it’s 99 cent on both kindle and iBooks, and so everyone can be included (it might be a good idea to make our first book accessible to most 🤷‍♀️)

its set around new year, reviews look good enough,
and it’s VERY easy reading by the looks of it, so might be a good one to start ease into January with?

(Not suggesting all books should be chick lit, don’t judge me 😂)

we have 4/5 days to come up with more suggestions anyway. So please do suggest any you can think of (or slate this one if you’ve read it)

Amazon product

or even give the “club“ an idea of what you have read and enjoyed in the past 🙂

also I’m not taking control of this (it looks that way I’m sure 😂) just starting it off 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
i thought about 15/20 people would be intrested 😂

hence my hesitation to create the thread!
So glad we have this 🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Fenella

Chatty Member
Would we be allowed a thread per month/book so that it’s easy to avoid spoilers if you are a bit behind and it doesn’t become a huge intimidating thread or can we only close a thread that’s full?

Reactions: 16

Miscanthus

VIP Member
so how will it work? Do we have to read the book by a certain date and then we call come together on a specific day to discuss it or will it be like we read it and then post our opinions and then everyone joins in when they've individually finished?

Will it then be locked the end of January with the a new thread starting with the February book? and will we be voting for the February book on the poll that will be on the January thread?
We need to think this through...🤪
There's no reason why we can't have a thread with a poll of suggestions and voting window just prior to the new month, then a new thread announcing the book, deadline to read by. Eg
Month 1
Week 1 Announce book and deadline to read it by.....and deadline for suggestions for next book.
Weeks1,2,3 read book. Post suggestions for next book with prices.
Week 4 Open discussion on same thread; perhaps the person whose book is chosen could suggest discussion points.
Week 4 list max 10 books (that's the poll limit) and prices in a poll with three day window to vote
Vote
Month 2
Week 1 new thread with top voted book title
...and repeat...
(Obvs it's slightly different for this first book )
What I don't know is if you can start a poll part way through a thread...or if we need a new thread just for the poll...

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
so do we have to have read it by a week Friday and then discuss it?
gosh no!

Why don’t we work from the 1st of January?
so a new book is chosen to be started on the first of every month,
and discussed throughout the month on its separate thread,

but we could set a time on on the last Sunday (only an example) of every month at 7pm (only and example) for everyone to get together and chat if they wish?

just an idea!

Reactions: 14

ManicMayz

I've read the Gruffalo to my son so many times this year I've been saying "A mouse took a stroll through the deep dark woods" so reading anything else will be a treat 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13

birdiefly246

VIP Member
gosh no!

Why don’t we work from the 1st of January?
so a new book is chosen to be started on the first of every month,
and discussed throughout the month on its separate thread,

but we could set a time on on the last Sunday (only an example) of every month at 7pm (only and example) for everyone to get together and chat if they wish?

just an idea!
Thats a good idea!
Maybe we could do the last day of the month. So we will have to read the whole book by the 31st for January and then we started the new one the 1st of February. That way everyone knows:
-last day of the month = chat about the current book
-First day of the new month = start a new book.

Maybe the poll for next months book could open the week before the last day of the month so we'd have a week to vote on the new book?

Reactions: 13

Yel

Chatty Member
We can't control the amazon prices and half of them were 99p when suggested, but they've since gone up

Can borrow from libraries or get for free with a trial.

It's hard enough as it is organising these things as is!

Reactions: 12

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
if not only read the thread if you don't mind spoilers and pop along to the thread when you're ready to discuss.
Enter the thread at your own discretion 😂

I think most people will be respectful enough to avoid posting spoilers/use the spoiler option
BUT I do hope everyone knows January will be a “making it up as we go along” month and hopefully by February we’ll have found our feet/know what works 😂

I hope we can have a real variety over the year!
not everyone will like every book, I really just suggested something that I saw trending 😂 that was affordable and the new year theme stuck out.

but as I’ve said before I want to try and read a mix of genres this year so it will be good to see what other people suggest over the next 12 months!
also quoting myself here!
We are starting with chick lit/contemporary fiction but it will be good to have a variety over the next year!
I’m awful at exploring or picking up other genres.

Last edited:

LadyLockdown

VIP Member
I got too excited and started reading This time last year last night ... am I breaking the rules?
Or are the rules of book club similar to those of fight club? :LOL:

THE RULES OF BOOK CLUB
  • Book Club Rule 1 | Talk about book club.
  • Outside Book Club: You talk about your plans, your thoughts, your feelings.
  • Book Club Rule 2 | YOU TALK ABOUT BOOK CLUB.
  • Outside Book Club: Talk about it. Be about it.
  • Book Club Rule 3 | Someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, the book is over.
  • Outside Book Club: You need a new book.
  • Book Club Rule 4 | Only ten books to a poll.
  • Outside Book Club: Diversification opens your mind and gets you thinking.
  • Book Club Rule 5 | One book at a time Tattlers.
  • Outside Book Club: Read what you like, Daily Mail, COVID restrictions, back of shampoo bottles etc...
  • Book Club Rule 6 | No influencers, NO INFLUENCERS.
  • Outside Book Club: You don’t need influencers to know which books to read.
  • Book Club Rule 7 | Books will be read in a month.
  • Outside Book Club: Books take as long as they take.
  • Book Club Rule 8 | If this is your first time at book club, you have to be able read.
  • Outside Book Club: Start now.

• Haha