Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KeriRhys

VIP Member
Thoughts after week one...
- Gorka could get it
- Gio could get it
- Nikkita could get it
- Vito could get it
- Karen could also probably get it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

bowtiesarecool

Chatty Member
Fleur is okay but she looks like she thinks she's better than she is.

Just gonna say this too.... I miss Alijaz so much 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 52

TravellingHighlander

Saw on Twitter that where Hamza lives in Ardnamurchan they put Strictly on the big screen at their village hall, and everyone came along to watch together with tea and cake.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Lostcat

Chatty Member
I feel very bad for Ritchie, everyone on DS is all "Oh Gio! Poor Gio! He looks so uncomfortable! However is he going to cope with this bouncy and overexuberant male celeb?"

Well, Gio is the damn professional, he damn well needs to either figure it out, or suck it up and switch on a professional smile in the same way Janette, Anton, Karen et al. have all done through the years when they got a celeb they didn't click with immediately.

Poor Ritchie is getting dogs' abuse for the crime of being a very enthusiastic Strictly Superfan who did the very camp Week One routine he was taught, and it leaves a rather nasty taste in the mouth.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Oh look, Shirley has picked her female ringer to be excessively harsh and patronising towards.

Why am I not surprised it's Fleur?

• Sad
Reactions: 34

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
The ratings for Strictly used to be huge. The last few years it's been around half as many viewers since it's ruined the format to try and be more inclusive. It's not helped by the line up.....

Ellie Simmonds: On her way down from her career high at London 2012.

Ellie Taylor: Probably best known to most people for her bit part on Mash Report on a obscure satellite channel.

Fleur East: Eight years since her career high of being second on X Factor.

Hamza: Who? Really is barrel scraping.

Helen: They mention most of all her being a former Blue Peter presenter. She left that nine years ago.

James: Currently on his career high and on TV regularly.

Jayde: Ask someone to name a comedian and you'd be lucky if they named her. Heck make it easier and tell someone to list female comedians and most probably still wouldn't name her.

Kaye: Mainly known to the unemployed, those on maternity leave or obscure work shifts. Not a prime time star.

Kim: Fairly big name as she's up to recently done a long stint on one of the biggest soaps in the country.

Matt: His prime years were nearly 40 years ago. In recent times probably best known for getting naked on Celebrity Juice.

Molly: Best known for being a kid on BGT a decade ago.

Richie: Most wouldn't have recognised him in a police line up. Bit part voice on a radio show.

Tony: Had his prime three decades ago. More recently just a flop Football manager.

Tyler: Works on a small time radio station that gets very few listeners compared to Radio 1, Radio 2, Heart, Capital etc.

Will: Decent standard of name. Got a very strong CV of shows he's been on. Hope he wins it.
🙄 You do understand that watching Strictly isnt compulsory and other channels are available?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

LaBlonde

VIP Member

This series is two episodes in and already dying with the wokeness turning people off. The ratings are down a lot from the same episodes last year. This isn't a group of girls or boys in a club dancing with their mates. It's professional dancing and it's known for men and women dancing with one another. It's not homophobic to say it. Same sex couples won't work and will only harm ratings. Ellie I am sure she will give it her all but she will struggle in hold and Nikita will end up with a bad back from crouching more than a jockey does. The line up is really poor too. They always have come out last who the producers see as the star of the series and so it's been Matt Goss. Most famous for a 35 year old song wrote by two guys for him and his brother and has been hidden out of the limelight in America for most of the time since.
i mean, to be fair, i don’t think this show has EVER claimed to be about “professional dancing”, the very first series had christopher parker in the final after all.

it’s a saturday night bbc entertainment show, no deeper than that. it essentially is people “dancing with their mates” or at least a celebrity dancing with a professional. i can’t in any way see how a same sex couple would affect ratings. the tango was originally a two man dance anyway, the show is high camp as it is, your average strictly viewer has already sat through some incredible stuff. two men or women dancing together isn’t going to be the final straw unless you’re a high level daily mail reader, in which case this article already speaks to you 🤣 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Lostcat

Chatty Member
When Richie was announced I thought him and Graziano seemed like the most obvious pairing as they have a similar vibe

I'm sure Richie is a nice bloke but their is something so infantile about him, not helped by the show treating him like an excitable child who's come to the studio for a day out
It's a bit patronising the way he was filmed and introduced, wasn't it?

Graziano might have been better- I think Ritchie needs someone very peppy and who can match his energy, and Graziano can be very puppyish in his boundless good cheer.

And I know he's not very popular- but Neil could probably have worked a lot better with Ritchie than Gio too. Neil and Ritchie have a similar sort of vibe, that kind of slightly cheesy, slightly dated British type of presenting themselves on camera. A little bit Butlins-redcoat energy (and I mean that in the most loving and kindest possible way)

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
I watched John whaite’s stories about that article he was excellent. Spoke so well.
John’s stories were brilliant. I feel a bit for Richie, he’s got a double-whammy of John being the benchmark for gay men in same sex partnerships and Rose + Gio/John & Johannes’ chemistry and friendship being the benchmark for a good partnership (and a third aspect of them both being good dancers) to contend with when he’s a totally different person in his own year with his own Strictly experience to have.

Reactions: 30

Lilu22

VIP Member
Vito is literally the love child of Giovanni and Gorka, I’m not complaining 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 29