Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
"Significant height difference" fuck off, you're not Ellie and Nikita and they manage.

Reactions: 40

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
Does anyone else think Strictly is behind the curve with not having had a drag contestant yet? DWTS Australia did it ages ago with Courtney Act and even DWTS USA has done it now, which is weird because they’re a far more conservative country than we are and not as tolerant of LGBT people. Once again Dancing on Ice (which is dire) has got the first in the UK! Drag Race is on the BBC ffs!
I genuinely think I am a lone dissenter here, but I loathe drag with a passion so not seeing a drag contestant on SCD is no hardship for me.

No offence to any contributors here who are drag artistes or those that enjoy it. Just not for me.:)

• Heart
Reactions: 39

glasgow27

VIP Member
I think Katya has done a fantastic job with Tony (and the likes of Ed in the past) but I think it would be cruel to give her another duffer next year because I think she's so invested in making them good that it visibly stresses her out sometimes. Let her get someone who can actually dance for a change.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Does anyone else think Strictly is behind the curve with not having had a drag contestant yet? DWTS Australia did it ages ago with Courtney Act and even DWTS USA has done it now, which is weird because they’re a far more conservative country than we are and not as tolerant of LGBT people. Once again Dancing on Ice (which is dire) has got the first in the UK! Drag Race is on the BBC ffs!
No. I don’t understand why drag has become the cause de jour that needs to be shoehorned into everything, even toddler story-time in libraries.

Putting drag performers into everything is a lazy shorthand for inclusivity. In what way is men parodying women (because that’s the usual trajectory; drag kings get next to no coverage) by means of grotesque caricature ‘inclusive’? Who is it making visible that was previously excluded?

Also, you might want to rethink lauding DOI for its ‘inclusivity’, given the presence of John Fashanu in this year’s cast ( for those who don’t know, he disowned his brother, Justin, when he came out as gay, and offered him £75,000 to keep his sexuality secret, saying “I gave him the money because I didn’t want the embarrassment for me or my family.” Justin Fashanu later killed himself.)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

AshT

I thought Katya looked defeated tbh, she's putting the hours in with Tony and giving him routines to dance to and not just fannying about. Must be soul destroying seeing it all go to pot on the night and them having to stand there listening to all the laughter and dismissive unhelpful comments from the judges. I really felt for her last night.
I really felt for her last night. She must be so frustrated because she cares so much. I think the worst part is the judges laughing in their faces every week. Its rude and disrespectful when they're putting in 40-50 hour weeks. Katya posted a pic of her and the salsa choreographer working hard last Sunday to put the dance together so she has worked non stop this week. The judges turn up for one day in hair and make up and can't even be bothered to make professional comments.
Plus it annoys me that Anton slags off his past celebs. Again its just so rude. Yes he had a lot of non dancers but he didn't do a lot to help them. Hes basically laughing at the fact hes a rubbish teacher.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I know Motsi can talk nonsense from time to time, but unlike Shirley, she is genuinely supportive of the female contestants- especially the ones being ripped to shreds for absolutely no reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

mee43

VIP Member
Katya was incredibly frustrated because Tony apparently had performed the dance perfectly in training and fluffed it in the night. When they finished you could see she wanted to scream.
I may be wrong but I don’t think they dislike each other; I just think she’s had an incredibly difficult and challenging job on her hands. Plus I’m sure Tony will be a personality who isn’t used to taking orders!
Katya has really won me over; I wasn’t sure if I liked her, but I now think she’s a brilliant, positive force of energy.

Reactions: 34

hughjars

Sorry to derail for a moment, but sending love to those who are feeling bereavement especially right now. I am too, and if I come over as sarcastic that’s me, but especially that’s me just now. It’s coming up to what would have been a significant birthday for my dad, then the anniversary of him dying. I don’t mean to be mean, but I just felt Jayde’s emotions were thrown at me every week, but I didn’t feel like Fleur’s grief was thrown at me and left for me to deal with. When I watch Strictly especially in Nov/Dec I want to just switch off from how I’m feeling for a while if that makes sense. I’m not saying people shouldn’t express emotions, stiff upper lip is not always good.
Anyway much love to those who are struggling in any way. Just know you’re not alone

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

jfletcher

VIP Member
Both Tony and Katya look like they’re about to cry. I love that she doesn’t let him coast and instead makes sure he works hard and puts together routines filled with content for him.

Remember the days of Ola dancing around her partners in a catsuit?

• Haha
Reactions: 32

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Gorka just seems like a nice guy in general. I get the impression Helen is the first celeb he’s actually clicked with and will remain as friends with after the show. I think it’s pretty well documented that him and Alexandra clashed, Maisie was just a bit too young for him, Katie bless her he might as well have danced with a plank of wood and it seemed Katie didn’t really give the show the time it needed, she just continued her heavy Hollyoaks schedule.

I don’t really have a favourite yet but if I had to pick who I wanted to win right now I think I’d pick Helen and Gorka, I think he deserves it and she’s worked hard to get better.
Completely agree. Gorka just seems like a nice, genuine bloke who's always been respectful of his partners. And also helps that he is gorgeous and a cracking choreographer

I think maybe some people don't warm to him because he doesn't go all out with the extreme fawning, showmancing, moving in with partners and looking after their kids etc - but that actually makes me like him even more. Because it's actually quite normal, sensible behaviour to not mix your work and personal life that much 😆. Aljaz in a lovely bloke but I always found his 'Strictly babysitter' thing a bit odd. And then there was Amy and the Fletchers last year 😳

Lostcat

Chatty Member
Kym giving it STONE FACED SCHEMING EVIL TANGO QUEEN the whole way through that dance and for 20 seconds beyond the end of the music was 100% the best thing that has happened all week.

• Heart

wibblywobblywoo

VIP Member
I thought Katya looked defeated tbh, she's putting the hours in with Tony and giving him routines to dance to and not just fannying about. Must be soul destroying seeing it all go to pot on the night and them having to stand there listening to all the laughter and dismissive unhelpful comments from the judges. I really felt for her last night.

• Heart

soccergirl

VIP Member
Aw sad to see Ellie S go - and Nikita upset! Vito wiping a tear!

Nikita has really done himself proud this year. Hope he gets a mega-ringer next year.

Lovely of Nikita to lift her up at the end - what a gent.

• Heart
Reactions: 31