Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

justapossum

Steph talking about getting botox in her jaw as she clenches her jaw due to stress (same but I use a teeth guard thing and mindfulness as cringe as that sounds). So of course that was me TRIGGERED. WHAT IS SHE STRESSED ABOUT? She records herself getting her nails done, takes photos while she plays video games winking with her tongue out to the side and doing a v sign like my 6 year old. And she sleeps during the day and watches netfkix half the night and So mUCH streSS. Arghhh are you kidding me/us????!! It was sad about her mum but what has she got to be stressed about? Anxiety i get, it doesn't need a trigger but stress? So triggered.
I'm not the biggest fan of Steph or influencers for that matter, but I think it's unfair to assume she has nothing to be stressed about. You have no idea what goes on in her life beyond the content that she chooses to upload (and it will be lighthearted content, as that's pretty much her job, so she has to do it for the views).

Reactions: 12

JessieSavannah

I feel so sad for her, her last video is heartbreaking. Her honesty is refreshing, from what's been through with her mum, I'm so glad she's opening up. I hope she feels happiness soon. The social media world can be full of superficial content, it's good to see something real. I hope you're feeling more yourself with time Steph 🧡

Reactions: 10

kittypaws

VIP Member
I am so sick of hearing about her ADHD, she goes on about it so much it may as well be her title 🙄

Stephen Hawking CBE
JK Rowling OBE
Steph Toms ADHD

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I had to jump on and say something.
i have always been a fan of Steph, she is a breath of fresh air and some of her makeup looks have been amazing.
But all of the stuff recently about ADHD and how amazing her meds are leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Steph is very lucky that she can go private and pay for assessments. Not everyone is in that position and many will have no choice but to spend months on NHS waiting lists. I don’t like her “over-promotion” of her medication (plus it has to build up in your system) and again it worries me that members of her audience will feel like they need medication too.
I don’t know...I am glad she is getting the help that she feels that she needs but it makes me feel very icky.

Reactions: 9

D_Wills

VIP Member
I go through phases with Steph. All she does is testing videos but she never has a negative opinion on anything, she's said before that she hates saying anything bad about things so it's almost like what's the point then? The excitement over highlighter I just dont get. And I can not stand her editing style. She cuts out after very sentence so it all sounds very scripted.

Saying that, I think shes stunning. Completely different to how she used to look but shes done it well.

Reactions: 9

D_Wills

VIP Member
I think she was about to release another product with them and has cancelled that colab. I'm not her biggest fan but I do admire her for this. She must be gutted.

Reactions: 8

Marsha97

Finally she's got a thread! I did used to really like her and watch her videos all the time but now I just find her boring, it's always the same content 😴😴

Reactions: 7

Elisha97

Chatty Member
On one hand I like her testing videos, you know the ones where she goes to somewhere like Poundland and picks up a load of products.

I can’t help think how wasteful it is though, we all know she’ll never touch these items again, they’ll rot in her drawers as no one else will take them and it’s pretty pointless when you think about it

kittypaws

VIP Member
I’m shocked she hasn’t called the highlighter “ADHD”.

But between her rambling about her ADHD and now going on and on and on about having an ofra collab (booooring) I may have to unfollow before she makes me put a gun to my head.

• Haha

D_Wills

VIP Member
Totally agree about the macro lense. Nothing is more annoying than when youtubers are having a paddy about how bad the make up or foundation is when it looks absolutely fine on camera. I feel like Steph says this in most videos and you can't see what the hell she is talking about .

squarebutton

VIP Member
Boring boring boring. Fed up of watching her try new make up all the time. Sorry what’s the point in watching her try a new foundation when she has so much lighting you can’t see her real skin and what it actually looks like. I know a lot so this but at least with sophdoeslife for example she shows close ups where you can see texture.
She’s had so much work done she looks so fake now...her underwear shots are too revealing and I find the fact she fucked off on holiday for ages on her own especially when her mum was so poorly really...weird? I know she wanted space or whatever she said...but her mum could have passed at any point and in fact I think she did pass just a few days after she got back

squarebutton

VIP Member
I agree, did used to like her but then it just got boring. I remember ages ago she said her boyfriend was quitting his job so he could work for her and they would be able to upload videos everyday? Might have made it up but I’m sure that’s what she said, well that never happened. Obviously realised she barely has enough content for once a week lol
I find it so odd how many youtubers bfs are doing this...why would you leave a secure job to work with your gf when everyone knows these you tubers won’t be around forever! None of this will last, at some point they will both have to find jobs in the real world

Reactions: 6