Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kate88

I used to like her, but she has become insatiable, smug and lacking any self awareness. She likes to portray herself as someone who just stumbled and grafted to build this business. This is not quite the full picture. Her father is multimillionaire John Wood (former head of Direct Line and Sheilas Wheels insurance companies). She had a huge hand up (and budget) doing up some of his and other family members’ properties, photographing them and passing them off as “clients” who sought out her talent when she was just 23. I think she is talented, no doubt, but she plagiarised a lot of Louise Bradley’s work when she started out. She often declares that most of her clients found her through IG, but what she doesn’t disclose is that her father used his huge wealth to buy a luxury property development company (that used to employ Louise Bradley as their interior designer). Sophie was then procured as the interior designer for their developments, quelle surprise! That is where she developed the bulk of her portfolio that you see on IG now. Needless to say her and Louise Bradley are now firm foes after this manoeuvre. Coupled with the fact her husband is very wealthy too (also thanks to his father’s business that he works in, rather than self made), meaning she really can flaunt her wealth even more than other prominent interior designers as the bulk of her wealth is via her husband in the first place, not her work. If you google her husband, he was involved in a rather unfortunate incident in Scotland with his girlfriend at the time who was left permanently disabled due to his careless driving. So not the perfect image that is portrayed all the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 6

midnightrose

VIP Member
I think she’s pretty harmless but yes, she does lead an extremely privileged lifestyle. I couldn’t imagine having children’s bedrooms like her too, but then I guess the children will grow up like her to like muted tones. Her daughter refused to continue pumpkin picking the other day as it was muddy (said no child ever).
I agree that she's pretty harmless, but I just can't stand the constant showing off of wealth - it's like YES WE GET IT!
Really grinds my gears!

Reactions: 3
I think she’s pretty harmless but yes, she does lead an extremely privileged lifestyle. I couldn’t imagine having children’s bedrooms like her too, but then I guess the children will grow up like her to like muted tones. Her daughter refused to continue pumpkin picking the other day as it was muddy (said no child ever).

• Sad
  • Haha

midnightrose

VIP Member
Well that absolutely explains everything. I followed her for a while last year into early this year but the account was just utterly dull and completely unattainable with regard to the wealth and privilege they display. I thought the majority of the wealth came from his side, never knew anything about her background.....she cleverly hid this from her account and yes I thought to some extent she was self made. Eyes open now and it’s very easy to be “self made” when you have a multi millionaire father to set you up, a wealthy husband and a black book of connections. I knew about the husband’s incident 😬
Agree... it is hardly 'self-made' - more like 'daddy-made' or 'husband-made' !!!

• Haha

midnightrose

VIP Member
I've just looked at the price of the new cushions she's flogging....£75-&155 each! She leads a very privileged life and has a beautiful home, but the kids bedroom's are very bland -I know she's an interior designer, but who puts hand painted silk wallpaper on their kid's bedroom walls?!
Exactly! She’s a bit delusional if you ask me....
I saw a pic of her daughter with a mini harrods handbag. She’s like the designer baby type.

Reactions: 2

AdAdAdGiftGiftGiftBoring

I used to like her, but she has become insatiable, smug and lacking any self awareness. She likes to portray herself as someone who just stumbled and grafted to build this business. This is not quite the full picture. Her father is multimillionaire John Wood (former head of Direct Line and Sheilas Wheels insurance companies). She had a huge hand up (and budget) doing up some of his and other family members’ properties, photographing them and passing them off as “clients” who sought out her talent when she was just 23. I think she is talented, no doubt, but she plagiarised a lot of Louise Bradley’s work when she started out. She often declares that most of her clients found her through IG, but what she doesn’t disclose is that her father used his huge wealth to buy a luxury property development company (that used to employ Louise Bradley as their interior designer). Sophie was then procured as the interior designer for their developments, quelle surprise! That is where she developed the bulk of her portfolio that you see on IG now. Needless to say her and Louise Bradley are now firm foes after this manoeuvre. Coupled with the fact her husband is very wealthy too (also thanks to his father’s business that he works in, rather than self made), meaning she really can flaunt her wealth even more than other prominent interior designers as the bulk of her wealth is via her husband in the first place, not her work. If you google her husband, he was involved in a rather unfortunate incident in Scotland with his girlfriend at the time who was left permanently disabled due to his careless driving. So not the perfect image that is portrayed all the time.
Well that absolutely explains everything. I followed her for a while last year into early this year but the account was just utterly dull and completely unattainable with regard to the wealth and privilege they display. I thought the majority of the wealth came from his side, never knew anything about her background.....she cleverly hid this from her account and yes I thought to some extent she was self made. Eyes open now and it’s very easy to be “self made” when you have a multi millionaire father to set you up, a wealthy husband and a black book of connections. I knew about the husband’s incident 😬

Cariad

VIP Member
I've just looked at the price of the new cushions she's flogging....£75-&155 each! She leads a very privileged life and has a beautiful home, but the kids bedroom's are very bland -I know she's an interior designer, but who puts hand painted silk wallpaper on their kid's bedroom walls?!

• Haha

AdAdAdGiftGiftGiftBoring

Does anyone follow her?
I know she’s a bit different to your usual account you discuss on here... and don’t get me wrong, I am in awe and love her work (interior designer), but when she posts personal stuff it just strikes me as completely showing off her wealth and privilege.
View attachment 52918View attachment 52918

Also re above picture.... does she not realise we have a climate control crisis?!
I unfollowed her at the beginning of this year after about a year following her. Completely unrelatable - everything just a bit too perfect for my taste. I didn’t even realise she had had another baby.

Reactions: 1

Sass1988

God she grinds my gears.
I hate how she portrays this self made image when she had a massive leg up. Who hires a 23 year old with no formal training to design a fairly large London development?
I wonder what the relationship with Laura Hammett is like. Their styles seemed to have evolved in the same direction (Laura a little ahead of Sophie) to include more antique pieces.
Absolutely, she’s failing to mention in her organic £800 self made business that her dad (who is a multi millionaire) shafted out his interior designer for his projects and employed his daughter to copy her style.

Reactions: 1
Why does she post photos showing her sons face but not her daughters? She made quite a big deal about not showing her daughters face which I completely agree with but it really baffles me why she doesn't do the same with her son?
They change the ‘rules’ as they go. She has said daughter is at school so keeps her private now and will do the same with her son when he reaches school age.

frillseeker

Why does she post photos showing her sons face but not her daughters? She made quite a big deal about not showing her daughters face which I completely agree with but it really baffles me why she doesn't do the same with her son?

midnightrose

VIP Member
Does anyone follow her?
I know she’s a bit different to your usual account you discuss on here... and don’t get me wrong, I am in awe and love her work (interior designer), but when she posts personal stuff it just strikes me as completely showing off her wealth and privilege.
44D85BEC-D8A9-4167-A001-E778B17C40EA.png
44D85BEC-D8A9-4167-A001-E778B17C40EA.png

Also re above picture.... does she not realise we have a climate control crisis?!

Attachments

midnightrose

VIP Member
Yes, because this photo really is the disaster you make it out to be. Looks like REAL LIFE to me. Wish people like this would get over themselves!

5CEC2A36-B6E1-4F1E-8B89-FDEFA2791AF9.png

A spec of sick on your young baby’s chin, and your dressing table is hardly a mess. Bore off Sophie!

ellabal

God she grinds my gears.
I hate how she portrays this self made image when she had a massive leg up. Who hires a 23 year old with no formal training to design a fairly large London development?
I wonder what the relationship with Laura Hammett is like. Their styles seemed to have evolved in the same direction (Laura a little ahead of Sophie) to include more antique pieces.