Solo Parents/ Single Parents

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just wondering if there was a big community of us on her. I don’t know any other single parent so I feel a bit isolated.

Reactions: 3
Hiya. Yep I’m a single parent of a 4yo son. His dad has limited contact, he lives 90 miles away and he sees him one weekend a month plus half school hols so I do the bulk (and all of lockdown so far) alone and have done since birth so I don’t really know an alternative to parenting 😊

Reactions: 1
Single parent to a 3yo here! His dad had no contact with him until he was 20 months old. Now his dad sees him once a week for dinner which is great as my son gets to know his dad at least but I find it very frustrating as he still has no clue about being an actual parent and how hard it can be! He’s still never dealt with tantrums, bedtimes, early mornings, rushing for preschool, refusing to eat dinner. I have a lot of resentment towards him for that so I struggle to feel grateful for the odd times that he is involved

Reactions: 2
I have a 20 month old. No involvement at all. I do feel grateful I get to make all the choices in her life! However I worry a lot about when she wants to know more about him as he has a daughter who he sees every weekend and takes on holiday back to his home country. I worry awfully about my girl will feel if she finds this out.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I worry as my boy gets older how il answer the questions he’ll have about why his dad isn’t involved much but il try and be as honest as possible and let him know it was no reflection on him I guess. It’s very tough. But agree with you it’s great being able to make all the decisions but sometimes would be lovely for a bit of help.