Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
They all seem to be promoting this today 😴

Am I missing something but it's just a Samsung TV in a thick box. Doesn't seem to do anything that much more than my dongle plugged into a superior oled TV does.

Seems like another way to tie people into a monthly subscription.

It's hardly carbon neutral if you're binning your existing TV to buy this

Reactions: 9

Yel

Chatty Member
All these together look so cringe, someone from the niomi smart thread put them together.

There's hundreds more 😆

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7

lilamay

VIP Member
All these together look so cringe, someone from the niomi smart thread put them together.

There's hundreds more 😆
That was me and it was honestly such an amusing morning looking through them all 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Homebird44

VIP Member
All this "wow they've fitted sky in a TV!"

Haven't people had dongle sticks for over a decade now? There's nothing that fancy in the TV it's just connecting to servers. It seems like a bit of an insult to people's intelligence.

It won't, it'll just be the same as a normal TV with a dongle. The whole point seems to be to tie people into another sub. And sky isn't cheap.
My husband called Sky last weekend. I'm sick of paying out all this money and I'm not bothered by it. He likes the sports. They chopped £60 a month off our bill. They've halved it, how stupidly overcharged are their customers if they can halve the bill and still be making a fortune.

Reactions: 4

Yel

Chatty Member

Haven't people had dongle sticks for over a decade now? There's nothing that fancy in the TV it's just connecting to servers. It seems like a bit of an insult to people's intelligence.

I can’t see how it work independently of a subscription,
It won't, it'll just be the same as a normal TV with a dongle. The whole point seems to be to tie people into another sub. And sky isn't cheap.

monga

VIP Member
They need to gift Sue Radford one for her TV bed I’m sure she could explain it in layman’s terms😂

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Omg the gormless “nothing to see here, just chilling in full glam watching TV”
ads are more entertaining than anything offered from sky 😂 totally forgot about Martine

795063AD-0A81-4ABD-98F8-BC81CA11C0D5.jpeg
2EFACF39-38C0-41FB-B400-87D1A5979964.jpeg

BF2AAA87-C64F-4319-BA71-C01695F0EC3B.jpeg

that nail varnish is gonna spil everywhere

8DCC8F50-E682-4E5F-B1CA-4136AA94FAC1.jpeg

82476395-A664-4639-9DB9-72BD0DB63168.jpeg
CDD6B00A-2C3E-4438-AD7E-3E48CBE2DAEC.jpeg

does Sammi have toothache? 😂

• Haha

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
i feel tempted by it. Our tv is broken at the moment it’s viewable but the screen has pixelated and the buttons aren’t working on it so it looks like a decent price to replace our tv and I like the idea that it means you don’t need wires etc but I feel like I want to read genuine reviews from real customers first as sky are cunts and I don’t trust them so I’m talking myself out of it as much as I’m talking myself into it 😂😂😂

• Haha

StephenTJackson

VIP Member

This is exactly what it is.

Sky is in a worrying position going forward because they are losing a lot of streaming content that is going onto Disney+, in 2024 their deal with HBO runs out, so expect HBO Max to launch in the UK around that time, and thus more content disappears from Sky/Now.

All this does is add up to Sky having a lack of exclusive content, hence why they are investing big money in their own original content. Peacock will help boost content to some extent. But it isn't going to be a mega draw.

What Sky Glass is trying to be for me is a one stop spot for all the varying streaming services together, with as many as possible packaged together in a Sky contract rather than individual accounts with each service so Sky get their bit of commission from each Sky Glass user.

Sky was the first big name on sports satellite broadcasting. But they now risk becoming obsolete. Especially as more sports go over the top, because I expect Formula 1 may leave Sky to go it along on F1 TV Pro in the UK at the end of their contract, depending on money, Sky UK is the biggest TV contract for F1 I believe. But I imagine F1 Pro would be more lucrative.

Reactions: 3

Yel

Chatty Member
they said Lydia Millen and Naomi Jane Adams are paid £15,000 each for this Sky tv glass ad thing. To sit in bed? 🤢
I'd think they were paid more than that. This campaign is probably at least in 3 parts and we've had part 1 & 2.

1) wow sky are releasing something new guys, what do you think it is? I'm soo excited

2) how amazing is this! A TV from sky!! I can't believe it.

Coming soon

3) omg amazing I've just got my delivery of the sky glass TV and it's beyond incredible! Swipe up to buy yours!!

🙄

All seems like lots of hot air, but we'll see when it comes out. Doesn't seem like the campaign is doing that we'll so far as lots are confused over what it is and does.

Yel

Chatty Member
I moved away from bt because they kept putting up the price and then said I could access this sport stuff which I have no interest in paying extra for!

I'm always shocked the amount of people I know paying sky £100+. I know the heyday of streaming is over, but there's still loads left on Netflix and Amazon before I need anything extra. Untill recently around £100 a month was my dual fuel costs!

I'll look forward to seeing how influencers try to sell this, hopefully they'll make use of the old Xbox connect stuff built in to play fruit ninja 😆
hqdefault.jpg

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm going to guess the TV legally still operates if you cancel your sub, but becomes severely butchered. £26 a month is the cheapest package they do.

It's more of a confusing launch than anything.

I don't get the wires thing, I only have a power wire (which it still has) and a wire to the switch which it would still need to have. I used to plug into the Freesat but the wire could have been hidden easily. I like that it has a decent speaker as most TVs nowadays expect you to have a sound bar. I hope other places start doing TVs with good speakers. But I don't think it's quite the revolutionary product Comcast are paying people to say it is.

Aliiiii23

Completely agree with this, if it is just coming via the Internet like that video says.. Then the difference between this and a normal TV with a Sky app (if there was one) is that you now have sky's operating system on the entire device, and therefore like others have voiced, I wonder what happens if you cancel your sky subscription.

Including (apparently) decent speakers into the TV sounds like a cool idea, but I can't see myself wanting a TV that thick hanging on my wall

Yel

Chatty Member
I really don't think it's giving the right look by paying just about every influencer to promote sky. Should have picked a few that were very on brand.

No wonder they can't wait for their big free TVs and the 6 figures in cash to promote it arrive 😆
PSX_20211009_111716.jpg

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
No idea who sue is, maybe Alfie is the guru you need?

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Yel

Chatty Member
Very well put @StephenTJackson

I didn't realise the hbo deal was due to end in a few years, that's lots of its major content gone although god knows what hbo will be like by then.

They rightfully should be worried about the future of sky, it's becoming less and less relevant.

There's precious little tech in this, but they have to sell it as an all singing and dancing package. When in reality all people will use it for could be put on an app for a Amazon fire stick. But that would be the death if people woke up and realised how overpriced it was for just another video service.

Even if the TV is amazing I can't see it working for them.

monga

VIP Member
No idea who sue is, maybe Alfie is the guru you need?

Sue Radford lol ! is this the next thing you're going to be checking instead of Go Fund Me 😂

How much would this be costing Sky ,seriously it's pitiful as if you'd be enticed by any of those faces ...( maybe the dog) :love: