Sins of the mother

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A harrowing true story which made me cry my eyes out.. so sad how everything transpired and the level of absolute evil in this world.
Has anyone else seen it? what are your thoughts?

Reactions: 1
I’ve just finished this today and it’s honestly the most bizarre thing I’ve ever heard of. I can’t decide whether she’s mentally ill or just outright evil?

Reactions: 2
I’ve just finished this today and it’s honestly the most bizarre thing I’ve ever heard of. I can’t decide whether she’s mentally ill or just outright evil?
I really think a mixture of both, no empathy at all even when speaking to her son over the phone towards the end. So cold and empty.

I really think a mixture of both, no empathy at all even when speaking to her son over the phone towards the end. So cold and empty.
I still can’t work out the motive for killing her children. She just seemed to be absolutely unhinged and her last husband struck me as being of somewhat low intelligence. I can’t believe anyone would look to him as a spiritual leader or whatever he claimed to be.

Reactions: 4
Couldn’t finish it. Found it really boring. Horrific crime obviously but the programme was badly made

Couldn’t finish it. Found it really boring. Horrific crime obviously but the programme was badly made
Yeah, I got bored, but I finished it. They added a lot of filler to get 4 (?) episodes for a series, and only made the show because there's always to a salacious angle to "ex-beauty queen murders her kids". If she didn't have that background no one would give a tit. Her mother and sister are also full of tit. It was good to see that despite everything the eldest son suffered as a kid he still turned out sane and healthy.

Yeah, I got bored, but I finished it. They added a lot of filler to get 4 (?) episodes for a series, and only made the show because there's always to a salacious angle to "ex-beauty queen murders her kids". If she didn't have that background no one would give a tit. Her mother and sister are also full of tit. It was good to see that despite everything the eldest son suffered as a kid he still turned out sane and healthy.
Colby? He was arrested for rape and domestic violence according to the article I’ve just read

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Colby? He was arrested for rape and domestic violence according to the article I’ve just read
What the duck.

5VK2.gif

It says his "ex-wife" but doesn't name her. Is this the wife who was on the show?

Bizarre! I was wondering where it was going with the cult region talk and people dying! Didn’t think it would have got to her kids being found dead. Horrific! The trial is in January so not a lot of information out there about the cause of their deaths.

There was also a documentary called Doomsday on ID channel about this story but it was told by the grandparents perspective and how desperately they tried to find them, this makes more sense than the Netflix one. Absolutely crazy story.

I already knew of this story but I felt the documentary was quite well made but not in depth with detail.

From what Im led to believe Lori and Chad believed the end times were coming, and that people had become 'zombies' including the kids (and Charles). Whether this was an elaborate ruse used by both to murder the kids and have a 'reason' or whether it was cold blooded killing Im not sure.

It was quite sad to see Charles fearful of his life and the cops just basically laughing it off.

I do feel anyone who gets sucked into the religious, end is nigh stuff is not mentally well. Doesnt excuse any of the behaviour of course and they should stand trial as competent.

I already knew of this story but I felt the documentary was quite well made but not in depth with detail.

From what Im led to believe Lori and Chad believed the end times were coming, and that people had become 'zombies' including the kids (and Charles). Whether this was an elaborate ruse used by both to murder the kids and have a 'reason' or whether it was cold blooded killing Im not sure.

It was quite sad to see Charles fearful of his life and the cops just basically laughing it off.

I do feel anyone who gets sucked into the religious, end is nigh stuff is not mentally well. Doesnt excuse any of the behaviour of course and they should stand trial as competent.
See I just don’t know if I buy this. They were obviously sound of mind enough to know that they would gain financially from killing their spouses, although Charles had the sense to change his life insurance policy. I don’t feel like the documentary went enough in depth, I think there was lots missing from it.

I’m also not hugely surprised about the oldest son. He seemed too together after what he’d been through as a child and everything that his mum did. Something just felt off with him.

Last edited:
Watched all 3 episodes, Lori and the new husband are clearly off their rockers to do what they did.

Found the emphasis on Colby and his family, his wife in particular really jarring, not sure why. Family members of the deceased always help to bring the focus back on the victims in true crime podcasts and docs.

Colby and to a lesser degree his wife’s segments seemed focussed on them. He essentially said he became too busy with his own life and focussing on his child and wife to keep in touch with his mother and siblings. His wife also came off clingy and bitchy(just the vibe I got) when talking about his family, I mean his mother went on to be a monster so maybe that’s understandable.

I found the last episode in particular to be more about them than the victims. The vibe seemed off, his wife fully made up and staring at him adoringly whilst telling him she loved him. I can’t articulate it but it was strange to me.

See I just don’t know if I buy this. They were obviously sound of mind enough to know that they would gain financially from killing their spouses, although Charles had the sense to change his life insurance policy. I don’t feel like the documentary went enough in depth, I think there was lots missing from it.

I’m also not hugely surprised about the oldest son. He seemed too together after what he’d been through as a child and everything that his mum did. Something just felt off with him.
I cant fully remember now but Dateline did a podcast about it and there was way more people involved in this end of days shite than just Chad and Lori. They were hoarding stuff in remote locations etc.

However I do agree its all very convenient. Im sure more will come out when the trials happen. I do think there is lots that hasnt been released to the public yet tbf so I will be interested to learn more.