Single or tandem pushchair?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Expecting our 1st baby and trying to decide whether to buy a single travel system or one which has the capability to be used further down the line as a tandem. Want a fairly small gap between kids and thought it may be cost effective to get one now rather than later.

Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks

I would definitely get one that can be changed into a double... do you drive? I had a 2.5 year gao between mine and still found I needed a double for longer days out as a dont drive.

Some of the best ones are bugaboo donkey and mountain buggy duet (both have a side shopping basket )
And for tandems cosatto wow xl is pretty cool as theres lots of room for both kids... when I looked at icandy orange, peach and the egg tandem I found the seats were very small and close together so not much space.

If you know you definitely want a second not too soon after your first hen I'd say its worth paying a little extra to get one that can be adapted into a double. The only thing that would concern me is the size of them, I know they're a lot smaller these days but a single travel system can be a lot smaller than a double. I only really used a double for a few months last year when I had my third (my daughter was 2, almost 3 at the time). I was determined not to use it for too long as I found the size a bit of a pain.