Simon Thomas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah he's deleted it, just had a look and it isnt there 😏
He’s awful. Why would you do that!?? He’s so controlling I feel.
It’s like he wants to erase Gemma but still wants to be in the public eye as the grieving Simon Thomas.
Do we think Derrina is genuinely struggling with the ghost of Gemma hanging around? Or do we think it’s more Simons doing? I mean do either of them think how Ethan must be feeling? It just seems like no one can upset Derrinas feelings but to hell with how Ethan or gemmas family now feels.

Reactions: 7
Interesting that we now have a story thanking everyone who has sponsored Ethan / donated to Grief Encounter, on behalf of Ethan and the charity.
So no thanks from you, Slime-on? 🤢

• Sad
Reactions: 1
He’s awful. Why would you do that!?? He’s so controlling I feel.
It’s like he wants to erase Gemma but still wants to be in the public eye as the grieving Simon Thomas.
Do we think Derrina is genuinely struggling with the ghost of Gemma hanging around? Or do we think it’s more Simons doing? I mean do either of them think how Ethan must be feeling? It just seems like no one can upset Derrinas feelings but to hell with how Ethan or gemmas family now feels.
I think Derrina is indeed struggling with the ghost of Gemma. I think the ‘issue’ with being with a widow is knowing they wouldn’t have chosen you had it not been for the loss of their partner. To me, it’s obvious and just a fact and a part of life that would be the case when someone is sadly widowed? They menntioned before how hard it was for Derrina to live in a house of Gemma and Simon’s, how it wasn’t the ‘plan’ and was forced due to lockdown but she knew this when she met him? Not easy, no, but I just don’t know what’s there to be so upset ahout. Like, that person is not here anymore! Their belongings their stuff, it’s part of the situation, she knew what she was waking into. Obviously Ethan does love Derrina and I don’t think he’s been forced in to that at all. They clearly support him through his grief and I think this walk is testimony to that. Derrina is obviously a really nice person to Ethan you can see that she’s not some wicked step mum! Although I think there’s a lack of maturity surrounding the things I mentioned previously.
But what makes me so uneasy is how Simon spent a long time as a grieving Husband, and suddenly now Gemma seems to come accross as purely Ethan’s mum? Hang on a minute she was your wife too, like you made a book about this and wrote and spoke out a lot about how you were left a grieving husband but it’s all just ‘puff’ in the air gone on social media now!? And that side.. that is definitely in my opinion to appease Derrina/ keep their new life the focus. You can’t re write history though!! If you loved someone, you loved them. He referred to her as ‘Ethan’s Mum’ and always does. I find that really weird like he wrote that twice. Not even Gemma if he didn’t want to do a pet name?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I think Derrina is indeed struggling with the ghost of Gemma. I think the ‘issue’ with being with a widow is knowing they wouldn’t have chosen you had it not been for the loss of their partner. To me, it’s obvious and just a fact and a part of life that would be the case when someone is sadly widowed? They menntioned before how hard it was for Derrina to live in a house of Gemma and Simon’s, how it wasn’t the ‘plan’ and was forced due to lockdown but she knew this when she met him? Not easy, no, but I just don’t know what’s there to be so upset ahout. Like, that person is not here anymore! Their belongings their stuff, it’s part of the situation, she knew what she was waking into. Obviously Ethan does love Derrina and I don’t think he’s been forced in to that at all. They clearly support him through his grief and I think this walk is testimony to that. Derrina is obviously a really nice person to Ethan you can see that she’s not some wicked step mum! Although I think there’s a lack of maturity surrounding the things I mentioned previously.
But what makes me so uneasy is how Simon spent a long time as a grieving Husband, and suddenly now Gemma seems to come accross as purely Ethan’s mum? Hang on a minute she was your wife too, like you made a book about this and wrote and spoke out a lot about how you were left a grieving husband but it’s all just ‘puff’ in the air gone on social media now!? And that side.. that is definitely in my opinion to appease Derrina/ keep their new life the focus. You can’t re write history though!! If you loved someone, you loved them. He referred to her as ‘Ethan’s Mum’ and always does. I find that really weird like he wrote that twice. Not even Gemma if he didn’t want to do a pet name?
Very eloquently said and well observed. I agree 100% with this.
I think writing ‘Ethans mum’ like you say is very telling. It’s like he’s distancing Gemma from his own memory/ life which is kind of bizarre. I mean surely Derrina can’t be upset/offended if he just called her by her name like you say.
He’s such an odd guy. I just always feel he totally wants the limelight and I think he’s always milked this very sad situation for his own gain unfortunately.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Juat seeing comments from Ethan's fundraising walk yesterday and someone wrote about Simon moving on so quickly.....hit a nerve i think 🙂
Then Gemma's mum writes a long comment, probably had to say nice things else she wouldn't see Ethan.
8 and a half years ago she died?! My god he's been playing the poor widowed husband for 8 years

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 2
This makes me really uncomfortable.. why would you need to photograph a moment like this when your son is upset
C489DBEE-ACE9-4AA6-9808-7354C8D62DFD.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
This makes me really uncomfortable.. why would you need to photograph a moment like this when your son is upset
View attachment 557525
what sort of sick fucker thinks that this is an appropriate time to whip out the camera and take photos for Instagram? Support Your child ffs. My heart breaks for that little boy because Simon just uses him as a trophy. I hope he has a good relationship with Derrina and Gemmas family as his dad is an absolute dick.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Plus he’s the child’s father. Why isn’t he talking to him and consoling him? Urgh he’s just seemingly devoid of feelings and entirely focused on how to get himself more fawning attention.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Sometimes things just need to be kept private. Why can’t he understand that?

• Wow
:cry:
These are the moments where as a parent you step up, even though you too may be desperately upset. You comfort your child and reassure them that it is not the end of the world. You look for positives. Not stand back, take a photo and broadcast his misery to the world.
I suppose he wants the local council to see and change their minds as he has tagged them.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Have a rant all you want and tag the council, don't use your child fgs.

It's like parents who rush to take pics of their kids injuries and put them all over social media for sympathy. Your child comes first!

Reactions: 10
These are the moments where as a parent you step up, even though you too may be desperately upset. You comfort your child and reassure them that it is not the end of the world. You look for positives. Not stand back, take a photo and broadcast his misery to the world.
I suppose he wants the local council to see and change their minds as he has tagged them.
Just when I thought he couldn’t get any worse “look what you’ve done, you awful Council. I don’t care you have many a child to place, look at my son!”

He needs to get a grip. Why would the child of a two-bit TV presenter get an advantage? Or is he thinking it’s because the poor lad lost his mum...shame he wasn’t so mindful of that. He’s despicable.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I noticed the council being tagged,wouldn’t like to think they change their mind off the back of this moron complaining,surely that would mean another kid would lose their place.

I’ve never seen my kid upset and thought ‘really must put this on the internet’. I think it was partly shown to show that Ethan has a good relationship with Derrina,but there are any number of random moments that could show this,this was not one of them.

• Sad
He’s supposed to be protecting Ethan, but he plays on this poor boys lowest points in life and sells them to the highest bidder. He’s an absolute disgrace- why oh why would he post this?! Let Ethan have some privacy now.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Maybe if they didn't move house and Ethan could've stayed at his school without having to change then he would have got into the high school with his friends.
It's like they have erased all trace of Gemma, all because Simon has moved on

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28