Seperated parents during covid 19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know there must be lots of children during this period with seperated parents who will still be going in between houses.
I'm just wondering how everyone is feeling about it?
I feel anxious in normal circumstances when my son has to see his dad.
I do not have any contact with my son's dad and my son usually is taken by my dad to see his dad then collected by my dad. ( There was a long court process involved)
During the time my son sees his dad he takes him to see his parents which is over an hour away from where I live as far as I'm aware.
I'm struggling to understand at the moment why my son cannot really see my own parents who live 10 minutes away from me but yet I know my ex will take him to his parents house as he cannot take him anywhere else.
Also on the easter weekend he is having him overnight- this will be at his parents house. This makes me more and more anxious with the risk of coronavirus.

My sons dad lives 90 miles away and I usually drive him up there to stay one weekend a month and on school hols. I decided I’m not doing that whilst this goes on. He can FaceTime and that’s it. Luckily he’s accepted that. My son has asthma so I’m not risking him going to another house when he can’t go visit his grandparents, it’s not logical. It’s really hard but i know I wouldn’t feel comfortable with him being away from me in these circumstances.

My sons dad lives 90 miles away and I usually drive him up there to stay one weekend a month and on school hols. I decided I’m not doing that whilst this goes on. He can FaceTime and that’s it. Luckily he’s accepted that. My son has asthma so I’m not risking him going to another house when he can’t go visit his grandparents, it’s not logical. It’s really hard but i know I wouldn’t feel comfortable with him being away from me in these circumstances.
I completely understand and your childs dad lives quite far away. I think the rules that were outlined by the government were not really that helpful.
I think the risk is too great considering the statistics, plus there would be a risk for you driving that distance and it not being essential travel.
My dad in the end spoke to my ex's dad and he wont be seeing him. He asked about videocalling but I dont want any involvement with it. ( I have no contact with him due to dv)
We just have to do what's best for our children!

Reactions: 1
Glad you’ve got your situation sorted. Totally agree re the video call in your circumstances. Exactly right we have to do the best for our babies 😊

It's a very difficult situation. I don't have kids myself but my friend rang me last night and she was very upset. Her little boy (he's 3) has had to go to his Dad's for the duration. His Dad is self employed but as his business is not considered essential he's not working at the moment so at least he's able to mind him. My friend is a police officer so she's working crazy hours, the nursery is closed and her parents are too old to be able to have him for that long. Her ex lives about an hour and a half away and she doesn't know when she'll see her little boy again :(
He goes to his Dad's most weekends and has older half siblings so he's fine being there and everything, but she was upset because she said he's not old enough to realise what's going on and at the moment thinks he's just on a long holiday with his Dad :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 4
It's a very difficult situation. I don't have kids myself but my friend rang me last night and she was very upset. Her little boy (he's 3) has had to go to his Dad's for the duration. His Dad is self employed but as his business is not considered essential he's not working at the moment so at least he's able to mind him. My friend is a police officer so she's working crazy hours, the nursery is closed and her parents are too old to be able to have him for that long. Her ex lives about an hour and a half away and she doesn't know when she'll see her little boy again :(
He goes to his Dad's most weekends and has older half siblings so he's fine being there and everything, but she was upset because she said he's not old enough to realise what's going on and at the moment thinks he's just on a long holiday with his Dad :cry:
Aww that is awful for your friend, I really do feel for her. Being a parent is one of the most challenging jobs you can ever have. Your friend is doing an excellent job and is putting the safety of her child first.

• Heart