Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

downthehatch

I know this isn't a rave thread but I do like Aimee. I find her products hit or miss - but I would be the same about all other makeup brands. I personally like that her makeup style isn't too heavy and is wearable, although a bit too shiny for me. When she demos on her instagram she makes it look doable for regular people like me who aren't makeup artists. She's done well to build up this business and seems genuinely involved in the running of it, it seems to be her life and she seems to work hard at it. Compared to SoSueMe who seems to be off on holiday every other week.
Her mum seems to have been a good role model for her and it's nice that she's very close to her and appreciative of her. There's never been a mention of her dad so I'm presuming he's never been on the scene so for her mother to have been a single mum in the 90's can't have been easy.
I agree. Knew of her in college, we were acquaintances and had mutual friends but wouldn’t say we were friends and haven’t seen/talked to her since. The few times we talked one-on-one, she was really lovely. Worked very hard throughout college - off doing bridal make up the other side of the country in the morning and back to Dublin for a lecture or exam in the afternoon. She studied French so spent third year in France on Erasmus - regularly flew back to Ireland to keep the make-up business going and this is before she ever had any products launched. The Dad has never been in her life. While she certainly hasn’t come from nothing, she’s worked extremely hard from when she was a teenager to build the brand she has now. I like seeing her doing well, she deserves it. Can’t speak for the person she is today but she comes across very well.

Certainly wouldn’t say her products are white label - she’s shown trips to South Korea, working on formulations. Sculpted is marketed as almost a make-up/skincare hybrid - South Korea is renowned for it’s skincare being light years ahead of the rest of the world, she knows what she’s at. That’s the point of the super simple make-up looks she does - I actually like it, makes a change from all the caked on shite that most InstaMUAs slap on that looks horrific in the harsh light of day!

Reactions: 35

marymac19

VIP Member
I think her vibe is effortless girl next door. She's not one for high glam or big showy hair updos. She never was and I admire her for staying true to herself when others go OTT to be noticed.

Reactions: 31

Tiggers_news

VIP Member
Aimee looks fab, a real step up from a lot of the trashy weddings seen lately! She’s a class businesswoman & She has a great management team below her, so they’re in charge of any launches. Fair play!
Would prefer to see this content than the likes of FBG’s credit union ‘borrowed for wedding’ or Doms 50 night extravaganza!

Reactions: 31
I hate how having few friends has become the ultimate insult. Lots of people have few friends or go through periods where friends come and go. All a normal part of life and some people actually prefer it that way.

Reactions: 30

HumphreyB

VIP Member
i don’t love her style but what i do love is the way she wears what she wants too. she doesn’t seem to fall into the whole trend crap.
i thought she looked beautiful, genuinely happy. she seems like a lovely person who has a solid group of friends. not the usual type we see in the inst world .

Reactions: 26

LennonRoad

VIP Member
Lol Tara making sure she’s noticed in the hen crew - upstaging the bride a bit with her tits covered with Bertie Bassetts Allsorts

• Haha
Reactions: 25

maryfleabag

Chatty Member
Gotta promote that brand colours 🤣🤣

I actually find it hilarious she's still wearing the same white blouse and black jeans 4years on when doing demos. She's in a promotional video over in UK for the launch of it over there, she wore exactly same thing to a demo years ago😂
i like how she wears the same clothes. It’s much better than fast fashion.

Reactions: 24

Longtimebrowser

I think it's just smart business tbh.
Yeah I think fair play to her. She knows what she’s doing and it’s just make up which is her business, it seems smart to me. It looks like they paid for everything for their wedding themselves which is a far cry from all the other influencers and a whole less tacky.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Ah to be fair I could criticise her for a lot of things but I think her closeness to her family is lovely. I’d love to be in a position to be able to treat all mine and go on holidays

• Heart
Reactions: 19

greenglasgrass

IMG_0084.png

This is the best eyebrow pencil I’ve ever used! I used to spend a fortune on benefit for brow products but I love this and price is class. Bought it randomly one day and have converted all my friends. Not sure how much Aimee’s is but for 4.49 you can’t go wrong on this one!
---
Does anyone know if there’s a thread on make up dupes? I love a good bargain and a dupe! Maybe I’ll create one if I can

• Heart
Reactions: 19

gecko

She looked very classy. And I think I saw a shot of her later in the night on someone’s story in the same dress, I cannot fathom why all those huns change into another dress later in the evening 🙄

Reactions: 17
Absolutely, are people really so thick. I am howling at the big fan club who don't understand that. Either Aimee herself or her friends are saying how bloody fantastic she is.
Must we dislike EVERYONE on Tattle? Is nobody nice? Can anybody produce products that we enjoy and that suit our skin and we commend them for it?

Glad it makes you howl, but for me and from what I've seen and experienced, Sculpted have some fine products at a good price line that suit my skin. And the boss woman, as a young Irish female entrepreneur seems like a nice person. Good for her.

No big fan club I just think people can tell she at least has an interest in her product unlike the likes of So Sue who reads from a script ffs. She's probably no angel but at least she has a business head on her unlike the rest who just white label shit every day of the week and pretend they've been working on it for months 🙄 At the end of the day I just want a good product and she helped me out.
Exactly this.

Glitterlashes

I'm not a Aimee fan at all.. I think she's a basic makeup artist . I think her makeup is just beige neutral nothingness and I think her circle of friends is just false look at me wannabes.. But launching a bridal collection 2 days after your wedding is fantastic business awareness.. this will 100% sell.. image been on honeymoon seeing your bank balance rise...

• Haha

GG_Goode_xx

Chatty Member
I'm very on the fence about it. I'm a bit sculpted fan but I think she could have waited until during the week 😂 she's packing up saying goodbye to her guests and launched a new collection based on her wedding on her day 2. I totally get prepping this beforehand it's a great business opportunity but I think she could have waited the few days

A recent question box.... do ye want to see more of what I wear on here?

👀👀👀👀 hell to the fuck no, but thanks. Style guru you ain't Aimee. Stick to what you know.

• Haha
Reactions: 16