Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

freckleface94

I turned off whatsapp notifications because found myself getting a notification and then an hour later still be sitting on my phone on social media. So by turning off notifications it cut my screen time down dramatically. I told everyone that if it was important to phone...needless to say no phone calls as all the group chats were just nonsense chat really haha

dontgetit

Oh my! I so need to do this.

I go on my phone to text someone and then without even realising I am scrolling Insta (and tattlelife!!!), why does that happen? I would have had no intention of going on it. My fingers just seem to do their own thing!

In the evenings when I sit down, I am trying to get a book out and read it, I find that when I concentrate on reading, I forget about my phone, until someone texts/rings me, then the cycle starts again!

Web30

VIP Member
I find if I don't have my phone in my hand I want to snack to keep busy 🙈 I do try and put it down for a few hours in the day now just so I can get other things done!

newtoyou

VIP Member
I think personally I'll be most successful when I physically distance myself from the phone.

I don't think deleting the apps would work for me cos I'd find a reason to download them again.

When I've been leaving my phone far away from me in the evenings, it's so much more pleasant. I enjoy what I'm watching/reading and I go to bed on time.

It is really satisfying seening how the screen time goes down too.

newtoyou

VIP Member
Out of curiosity what is your screen time? Mine was 7 hours a day last week 😱 I couldn’t believe it. My husbands always saying I love my phone more than him 😂 I am currently on maternity leave and find myself scrolling etc when baby sleeps and once the kids go to bed it’s my way of zoning out.

I would like to get it down to around 2 hours max.
Not that I’m encouraging you(!) but 7 hours isn’t surprising if you’re on maternity leave. I know a lot of mums find their phones to be a life line.

Mine is 4-5 hours which I think is terrible considering I have a full time job and don’t use my phone in work time!

I am gonna put my phone on the other side of the room when I watch my usual evening tv tonight. Anyone is welcome to join in the challenge! We can do it! 😂