Screen time - tips on reducing it!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I turned off whatsapp notifications because found myself getting a notification and then an hour later still be sitting on my phone on social media. So by turning off notifications it cut my screen time down dramatically. I told everyone that if it was important to phone...needless to say no phone calls as all the group chats were just nonsense chat really haha

Oh my! I so need to do this.

I go on my phone to text someone and then without even realising I am scrolling Insta (and tattlelife!!!), why does that happen? I would have had no intention of going on it. My fingers just seem to do their own thing!

In the evenings when I sit down, I am trying to get a book out and read it, I find that when I concentrate on reading, I forget about my phone, until someone texts/rings me, then the cycle starts again!

So after reading this thread, I decided to only use laptop/computer to look at fb, insta and Tattlelife and not use my phone.

So I have been reading more books, well my kindle, so am going to try and get a book thread going on here!

Reactions: 3
So after reading this thread, I decided to only use laptop/computer to look at fb, insta and Tattlelife and not use my phone.

So I have been reading more books, well my kindle, so am going to try and get a book thread going on here!
Yey! Happy to hear it.

I've put the downtime feature on my phone in the evenings an leave it out of reach. I've also have a rubiks cube and sudoku book for when I zone out of the tv (at which point I'd usually be scrolling).

Would be v interested in your book thread - always looking for recommendations. Please link here when you've created it :)

I got rid of my FB and insta almost 12 month ago .after the initial withdrawal it was great buuut I have slowly replaced them with tattle and Reddit šŸ˜. I do wish there was a tattle app where it would just read the thread to you so you can get on with your house work etc rather than scrolling and reading. As those 30 odd page threads take forever to read from the beginning